It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Haunted 'Snow Princess' Doll: To Bid...Or Not To Bid!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Maybe it is Russian the headpeice reminds me of the kokoshnik the traditional Russian headress for women. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Looks like it would be great to use for next Halloween as Frankenstein's bride. But seeing as she is a little bit taller than me, I'm not sure I want to invest in her. Pretty doll though. I looked on EBay and couldn't find her. The only thing it's bringing up for me is Haunted Barbie.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I've just contacted the auction house, asking for more information regarding this doll and it's companion...which the same house sold back in 2008. I hope to hear back from them soon.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousEyes1
reply to post by IAMTAT

Not only do I think she is ugly, she is creepy and life size.

Just like my ex wife.
Yeah, I'm going to say nope on this one.
Save your cash and buy a haunted puppy or maybe a haunted mountain bike. You might even consider investing the cash in a haunted savings account.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I haven't read through all the responses but my theory is that when we're alive we're full of energy and when we die some of that energy gets left behind. Not all energy is positive or feel good energy. People can become attached to objects like dolls or toys. Some objects hold sentimental value. I think when people die a lot of that energy gets left behind and can attach itself to said objects. Sometimes the energy is good, and sometimes not so good. Whether you are a believer or not, opening yourself to unfamiliar energy without protection or barriers is a dangerous game. Residual energy can be positive or negative.

A friend of mine runs an antique booth at an antique mall. I find myself always curious and wander about but never really feel comfortable in the mall and am grateful to leave. I have found some gems though, like an antique compass I gave to a friend for his birthday. But I cleansed it heavily before giving it to him.

I for one have a phobia of dolls in general so nope. Not my idea of fun.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm with you Slayer. Saw that episode on Destination Truth. Dolls freak me out. Period. Same with talking and moving toys. Shudder. Yeah, I have issues.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I'd like to advise you on this question from the point of view of an obsessed collector of antiques for 40 years.
And yes, we have had a few ourselves that "came with something" special also.

Peace was eventually made by evidence of our intent, our own loving appreciation was the key to acceptance.

While there are many of our own antiques that are very near and dear to me,
there are a few that I worry about being properly appreciated and taken care of by wherever they may end up after my lifetime.

A few "labors of love" you might say.

To say that "I'll be Watching" or "standing guard" will sound silly to some..But if it's in my power spiritually, I will be there checking up.

An extremely cherished possession will always hold the connection of the one who value it so.

So you decide...if here I am> a LIVING person> telling you that disrespecting my stuff would cause me to reach out in spirit ...in anger....

....and...

"If" this doll has a true paranormal attachment.... And your desire is to just "study it" as you have stated.....

Are you ready for the commitment to deal with whomever may reach out in anger at you?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Did you buy it already?!

If not, BUY IT! BUY IT! BUT IT!

I do not see any thing ugly about that doll, (it is very pretty I think), and it being "allegedly" haunted only makes it more so. But, then again, I am drawn to the paranormal, and have been told by sensitives, that the paranormal are as uncomfortable around me, as regular people are when around them.

So, I like it and support its purchase.

edit on 13-1-2013 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Hey there IAMTAT (long time no type)

I haven't read all the replies to your OP yet so I apologize if someone has already covered this point.

The doll sounds fascinating and I can understand your wife's reservations as much as I can understand your curiosity and interest.

I suppose the main question I would ask you is ... 'do you have children' ?

If you do then I would advise against bidding for the doll ... ask yourself ... are you prepared to take the chance of putting your children at risk ?

If you don't have children and you are prepared to accept responsibility for your actions and potential outcome then I would be very tempted ... but that's just me

Keep us posted on your decision. Woody

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hello again, Woody.
Your point is well taken, as we currently have four children living at here at home (two from each); the youngest is my son 21...and the eldest is her son 26 (it's a big house
...however, all of our children are technically adults at this point.
Have you had much experience with so-called 'haunted' or cursed objects? Granted, the whole doll thing is generally pretty creepy on it's own, however, the opportunity to study something such as this is very alluring.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I haven't bought her just yet, as there are still about five more days til the auction closes...It IS, however, beginning to garner a good many other bidders, with the price rising steadily. At present, it's still around $100.00, with fifteen bidders currently.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

This is my first post and was quite intrigued with the doll and many of posts. Cursed items or I call them paranormally attached are always unique. As a collector of antiques for years I had never ran across one until last year. My place has always been warm and inviting till I mounted the church steeple on the wall. It wasn't right away but things felt off after a few restless nights of sleep. Some of my things had been moved through out the night. As I lived alone at the time I thought it was odd. After about three weeks is when I saw the apparition. It walks through the hall every night. I had seen it stand over me and point towards the closet. Which makes sense considering the steeple is on the other side. Now after almost a year it makes its presence known. Would I consider it evil or negative? No but I consider myself lucky. I hope that this will give you a more personal story. Feel free to ask questions. Have you read any of the documented stories on the snow princess?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
That's too bad Tat. It is almost to expensive to research now.

Oh well.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
reply to post by woodwytch

Hello again, Woody.
Your point is well taken, as we currently have four children living at here at home (two from each); the youngest is my son 21...and the eldest is her son 26 (it's a big house
...however, all of our children are technically adults at this point.
Have you had much experience with so-called 'haunted' or cursed objects? Granted, the whole doll thing is generally pretty creepy on it's own, however, the opportunity to study something such as this is very alluring.

As they are not young children but all live with you and your wife I suppose it would have to be something discussed and agreeable to all concerned.

Me and my W.I.S.P.S team were once involved with a 'haunted chair' ... very interesting case but the activity freaked the owners husband so much he made us stop the investigation and to my knowledge he destroyed the chair in question ... haven't heard from them since as he forbid his wife from allowing us to investigate further.

Woody

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Unpopular opinion: I think that doll looks quite beautiful, haunted or not.

You see, if you look at the close up picture, her one eye looks lazy...probably because of a painting error by the artist, but I think what's stunning is the intricate beadwork on her costume.

Never can find anything like that today.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The doll is lovely! Why don't you buy it as a donation for your local history museum? They can then research her history more fully, and you can request that they let you know anything unusual that happens around her. Plus, you can write off the donation next year when you do your 2013 taxes.

I like the last line on the item description the auction place has...

She is also one legged but the wooden stand keeps her steady and upright (except for when she is floating around in the middle of the night).

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

She is actually beautiful IMO

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

What?Hell no.Trust the wife's intuition, it'll save you a lot of grieve.And why the hell someone would make one of a kind life size doll, too creepy.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
That doll is beautiful!! I collect dolls and whenever i saw your OP I had to find out more, but there sure isn't much known about her and her sister doll. The size amazed me, as lifesize dolls from that era were made, but 60 " was usually the tallest. I wonder if they were a special order of some sort?
She sort of reminds me of some of the dolls the Franklin Mint put out several years ago. I have a Queen Nefertiti doll by them that is just gorgeous and very well crafted. Thankfully, my dolls have no extra "baggage" and as beautiful as the "Snow Princess" is, I think I would stick to study from a far distance. But, I'm a scaredy cat too.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Fun thread!

I think she is lovely.

I'm not sure what tragedy follows the doll? There seems to be nothing about that side of things online?
Can you link where you heard this?

Regarding levitating, I do think objects can have a energy attach to it. Or alternately a energy in a residence may have disliked the doll and tried move it.

Not enough information to decide anything. Unless you can scan the page 46 of the Newport haunting book you mentioned?

I say buy her. Curses only work when you allow them to affect you and give them credence

S and F

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join