It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"O People of the Book!"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah." If then they turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will).Quran 3:64

what is the response to this?
I know how this will be taken, just want to know any unexpected opinions.
P.S- maybe wrong forum, shift it if thats the case.
edit on 12-1-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

My response is "fine with me."

The verse seems to be saying that Muslims are Muslims and they want to be recognized as that, worshippers of Allah. Allah is their only God and that's all there is to it.

What can "common terms" possibly mean? How do Christians come to common terms on theology when twenty verses late the Quran states

(3:84) Say: 'We believe in Allah and what was revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and to Issac and Jacob and his descendents, and the teachings which Allah gave to Moses and Jesus and to other Prophets. We make no distinction between any of them and to Him do we submit.
Those are two wildly different opinions. They can't be reconciled.

Now if by "common terms" is meant living together without violence or dishonesty, then, as I said, that's fine with me.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I predict the Christians will be here soon posting their usual Robert Morey inspired moon-god silliness.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

i dont see two wildly different opinions, the two verses are complimentary to each other. The 1st speaking of pure monotheism and the 2nd admitting that prophets before were given revelations too.
The "common terms" is pure monotheism which includes not taking lords and saints as helpers . And a lot of christians including priests and scholars dont agree to Jesus pbuh as god.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I may be a tad thick.
But how the hell did Allah teach Jesus anything if he only came along hundreds of years later ?

edit on 13-1-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Its seems pretty simple to me.

Islam regards Allah as God, to be worshipped. Mohammed is considered a prophet, receiving and teaching the word of God.

To Islam, Jesus is considered another prophet teaching the word of the same God.

The passage is an entreaty to recognise that the 'one god' is actually the same God and that only the God should be worshipped, not middle men.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Yeshua/Jesus was God in flesh, the promised Messiah,
The lamb of God and Saviour to all mankind.No one can
come to the Father but by Yeshua/Jesus.
That is all that I will say right now.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Duh me
I got allah and mohamed confused.
FACE PALM

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Just out of curiosity, if God has no partners and Muslims don't make any distinction between the prophets, why was Jesus picked to be the one to save everyone from the Anti-Christ?

You don't think there's any distinction there?

Why doesn't God kill the Anti-Christ himself?

Why didn't Islam just make the Mahdi the one to kill the Anti-Christ instead?

Why Jesus?

Didn't Jesus have special powers that the other prophets and the Mahdi don't?

Why is that?

Clearly, Muhammad made a distinction between Jesus and everyone else and contradicted himself.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Just out of curiosity, if God has no partners and Muslims don't make any distinction between the prophets, why was Jesus picked to be the one to save everyone from the Anti-Christ?

You don't think there's any distinction there?

Why doesn't God kill the Anti-Christ himself?

Why didn't Islam just make the Mahdi the one to kill the Anti-Christ instead?

Why Jesus?

Didn't Jesus have special powers that the other prophets and the Mahdi don't?

Why is that?

Clearly, Muhammad made a distinction between Jesus and everyone else and contradicted himself.

Jesus pbuh has work thats left undone. Prophet Muhammad pbuh finished his work and died.
So Jesus CHRIST pbuh would kill anti-CHRIST, makes sense?
Each prophet told about the next prophet to come, but prophet Muhammad pbuh is last so he told about 2nd coming of Jesus pbuh and closed the tradition.
The simple answer is God setup this plan. Why is Jesus's mother having a chapter(19th surah Maryam) in Qur'an and Muhammad's mother not?
Why is so hard to believe that God can send another revealation after Gospel?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

All Muhammad proved was that he copied the story of Jesus' second coming from the Bible and kept it like he did many of the other stories the Bible told. Except, he managed to contradict himself and the Bible along the way in his poor interpretations of the Bible.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

All Muhammad proved was that he copied the story of Jesus' second coming from the Bible and kept it like he did many of the other stories the Bible told. Except, he managed to contradict himself and the Bible along the way in his poor interpretations of the Bible.

what contradictions?
Well either Muhammad pbuh copied or the Source of Muhammad, Jesus and Moses (peace be upon them all)is One.
What would you say if a story in Bible is with some error and the same in Qur'an is without?
How would you take Qur'an after that?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

what contradictions?

The claims that Jesus made about his own life and his reason for being on earth.

Muhammad didn't understand or capture any of it in the Qu'ran.

He contradicted everything Jesus taught about himself, yet told people to listen to the prophets.

Obviously, Muhammad's understanding of what the prophets really had to say were skewed.

edit on 13-1-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

The claims that Jesus made about his own life and his reason for being on earth.

tell me what Muhammad pbuh missed.
What claims and reasons?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Wait didn’t allah only make it look like Jesus was crucified and that someone else died in his place and so allah by deception saved Jesus?

Here’s a thing about it
en.wikipedia.org...

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-
—Qur'an, sura 4 (An-Nisa) ayat 157-158[1]

That would mean Allah started Christianity by accident wouldn’t it?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

not really! It just means that Allah dint stop the founder/s of christianity. It would have basically violated free will you see.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

You are trying to make sense of a religion claiming that Muhammad split the moon in half and flew to heaven on a winged horse. No can do.

Splitting of the moon
Flight to Heaven

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah."

I think everyone who reads this should pay very close attention to this particular quote, and what it speaks to you as you listen.....

What i mean by this, in this time of "we are all one" religiosity, connected, and striving for a general enlightenment after this realization, and a whole experience linguistically described as "awakening," with an expectation which will follow,soon, as a result of such.....which will represent a promised,drastic improvement in your current experience of living and experiencing......and then we will all be the "gods" we imagine created the said experience...
that we not create from among ourselves.....that creation is a motive and endeavor left to "lords and patrons other than Allah......" or perhaps, best left to.

We are in certain times, which if interpreted correctlly, these texts are warning us that this is not the time to create at all, despite being given the gift of creation, because whatever you may create now will be used in an opposite manner for which you were inspired to create that possibility.

edit on 13-1-2013 by tetra50 because: messaging

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

You are trying to make sense of a religion claiming that Muhammad split the moon in half and flew to heaven on a winged horse. No can do.

Splitting of the moon
Flight to Heaven

you found the reasons not to believe. And you looking at these from an outside point of view. You give more importance to them to justify that islam is fake.
Why you even look into islam if you dont believe in a god?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Wasn't Mohammad afraid when he first encounter the "angel" that "spoke" the Quran to him? He thought he was losing his mind because he heard the angle and saw it, but no one else could. So, at the suggestion of his wife, they tested this "angel" by having her disrobe and this caused the "angel" to leave, (something she could not see). This proved that the "angel" was from Allah somehow? Sounds like Mohammad's first impression was correct, he was losing it. How does one trust something that no one else can see or hear, something that talks to you in the darkness of a cave that you are hiding in?

Let's not forget that Mohammad was illiterate, so all his religious knowledge was second hand from any scriptures. Sure sounds like someone that could be mistaken about a lot of religions, esp. when they trust disembodied voices in the dark.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join