It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some People Here Need Civility And Open Mindedness!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Some People Here Need Civility And Open Mindedness!

That's right, some people here need to show respect to others who have different opinions. Those who do not show any form of civility need to accept that other people have differing opinions. It is also good to be receptive to other ideologies, whatever they may be. Now, i will get flamed for posting the following, i may even meet an untimely demise for posting the following, but it needs to be done.

The main example i will be using is the Sandy Hook Massacre. I know you are rolling your eyes right about now, but hear me out. I do not intend to support those with wild theories, but i do intend to ask that people on both sides of the fence listen to what both sides have to say.

Most members here who have an opposing view to that of the official story of the Sandy Hook massacre are criticised to an extreme point...by the MSM and most other conspiracy theorists alike. Now i ask, is this really fair? ATS is a conspiracy site after all. People are expected to show respect to others. It doesn't hurt to be open-minded about things. One minute you all hate on the Government because they lie; the next, most of you fully support the Government stating that there was nothing fishy about the Sandy Hook incident...

Before a lot of you get pissed off about this rant, let me explain an incident which occurred in Australia during the 1990's.

The Port Arthur Massacre was an incident where a lone gunman killed 35 people and injured another 23 in the state of Tasmania, Australia. The situation was similar, and the outcome may very well be the same (the banning of Assault Weapons, shotguns and high powered rifles etc). the shooter, Martin Bryant (who had an IQ of 66) was able to walk into a cafe and kill 12 people in 15 seconds. Most bullets hit the victims in the neck or head. All shots were fired from Bryant's hip. Bryant continued on into the gift shop, killing another 8 people, with most succumbing to shots in the head. In total, the cafe/gift shop murders took between 90 and 120 seconds...and all shots were fired from this mentally retarded individual. Does something sound wrong about that to you? Something definitely sounds wrong to me.

Further, an Australian Army Officer (Ted Serong), who led Australian forces in Vietnam and worked with the CIA, stated that there was no way that Martin Bryant was the shooter. If he said there was something wrong, then there was something wrong. Now, i will tell you why the Port Arthur Massacre matters.

Just as with Sandy Hook, there were a lot of inconsistencies with the story. Just as with Sandy Hook, the weapon used was...an AR-15. Just as with Sandy Hook, we had politicians calling for gun bans...and as a result of the massacre, all of our high powered weapons were banned ( (Assault) rifles, shotguns etc ). So to those who are adamantly opposed to an alternative view of the Sandy Hook incident, i say to you, does a conspiracy really seem far fetched in this type of incident? It is obvious that your politicians want to take your guns away. All i ask is for some open-mindedness and civility to other members with opposing views.

In closing, i want to say that this thread does not want to encouraging any fighting whatsoever between members. This thread is not, and shouldn't be used to support some of the wilder claims out there either. This thread is clearly making an objective stance, asking that people be receptive and act kindly towards each other.

Thanks,

Daas.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
my eyes rolled right over,,,,,,,i,m sorry but no matter how many people try to convince me this had anything to do with anything other than a crazy person losing the plot completely then i don,t believe.

there is absolutely no conspiracy here.........to say the u.s government sanctioned a pile of kids to be killed just to put gun controls in to perspective is really pushing the conspiracy theory to a new level.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
my eyes rolled right over,,,,,,,i,m sorry but no matter how many people try to convince me this had anything to do with anything other than a crazy person losing the plot completely then i don,t believe.

there is absolutely no conspiracy here.........to say the u.s government sanctioned a pile of kids to be killed just to put gun controls in to perspective is really pushing the conspiracy theory to a new level.

And i don't disagree. I take no definite opinion on the Sandy Hook massacre at all.

I wasn't trying to convince anyone. All i was stating is that like the Port Arthur Massacre, there were inconsistencies in the story. I also expressed concern that all members should act kindly to one another, not criticise them because of their opinions.

Thanks for the comment.

Daas.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well said Daas. Unfortunately, your calls for objectivity, critical thinking, and civility will go unheeded by those who need to hear it most.

S&F.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Well said Daas. Unfortunately, your calls for objectivity, critical thinking, and civility will go unheeded by those who need to hear it most.

S&F.

Thanks mate! Although the calls may go unheeded, it still doesn't hurt to try.

Thanks for the comment

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I think what frustrates me the most is the amount of tabloid trash and propaganda which people quote on here...I mean considering what this place is I would think that people would be interested in some free thinking and maybe some credible research of their own.....and if they don't have time to do that then at least exercise caution with the sources they use and be sensible.

And perhaps most importantly be open to correction....my pride can be savage I will be the first to admit! But I would rather someone suggest I was wrong backed up with credible sources and/or logic than blissfully continue down a road of misinformation. But all too often thread's become very personal and more of a pissing match rather than a search for the truth ( errrmmm I've probably been guilty of that at time's)
Did I already mention my pride can be savage!? lol

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31

I think you just made the OPs point about open mindedness.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It's about time somebody said this. I could go either way on Sandy hook, I know the official story seems loosely put together, but I have a hard time believing the gov did it. However, when I see people posting on it, I want to read it as I may learn more, but it instantly starts with the insults on the first or second comment. People having flame wars and shout contests. Is this really a "Conspiracy which may not be named" how is this any worse than "the government killed thousands, including children, to start and illegal war on September 11, 2001" or "grey aliens fought a deadly battle with 200 Delta Force soldiers in an underground bunker" Or "all the world leaders and elites are just Prehistoric or Alien Reptiles." Some people....

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The media here is to accept some of the blame for all the misconceptions and blatant erroneous reporting. The over whelming media coverage is saturation beyond beleif. I'm a big a conspiracy guy as the next,but I don't feel the Gov is behind this particular event. I very disturbed individual, with access to firearms was the sole reason this took place.

But bet bottom dollar, the Government will use it to the very best of their ability. As the old political statement goes, Don't ever let a good tragedy go to waste. I am pro 2nd Amendment, but we do need to rehash some laws and do a better job of background checks. But the reality is no matter what country your in, whether your allowed to own and bear arms or not. If a person wants a gun bad enough, they will find a way to get one. If a person wants to do you harm bad enough, they will find a way. Sort of like a lock is simply a way to keep an honest man honest. If a criminal wants it bad enough, the lock means nothing. We will allways have folks every where, every country, nut out and do acts of violence. With or without firearms. It;s the nature of the human species. S&F for a calm thread about this topic.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
It's about time somebody said this. I could go either way on Sandy hook, I know the official story seems loosely put together, but I have a hard time believing the gov did it. However, when I see people posting on it, I want to read it as I may learn more, but it instantly starts with the insults on the first or second comment. People having flame wars and shout contests. Is this really a "Conspiracy which may not be named" how is this any worse than "the government killed thousands, including children, to start and illegal war on September 11, 2001" or "grey aliens fought a deadly battle with 200 Delta Force soldiers in an underground bunker" Or "all the world leaders and elites are just Prehistoric or Alien Reptiles." Some people....

The saddest part of all this is that it will result in people not contributing at all because of fear of getting thier doors blown in for voicing an opinion.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

agreed, it's bad enough that people are as uncivil as they are in the gun thread, they're complete gentlemen and ladies compared to the ones in anything remotely Sandy Hook

new topics

top topics

join