It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aaron Swartz, internet freedom activist, dies aged 26

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Maybe he hacked into some really important information and was going to reveal his findings during his trial? That would be a good reason to take him out before the trial began...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Well, with all the recent mysterious deaths of top people in the gun industry, it wouldn't surprise me if they are trying to silence all the opposition that they can.

I missed that one... mysterious deaths in the gun industry..? Is there a ATS thread on this.. Can you elaborate on that?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I don't think it was any more of a suicide than Adam Lanza's double-assination.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Another you dude who is against tyranny commits suicide, hmmm. Reminds me of the co-founder of Diaspora who was making a similar thing to Facebook but with total privacy (unlike facebook).

linky

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeskillet
perhaps a sensitive kid who spent most of his time behind a computer pushed to the limits by facing serious charges.
I think you've hit the nail on the head here I'm afraid.What a tragic waste of a brilliant young person.Why would the government bother trying him in federal court if they were going to kill him?And why?No government hit here,sorry.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

I call foul, too.! what a world we live in......

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SaltireWarrior

Or is foul play involved and an influential internet freedom activist was eliminated?

Damn straight. Ever seen the movie "Shooter"? That movie just goes to show that they can rig anything to make it look like a suicide...They got body molds that force you to hold a gun and pull the trigger...

Now why can't they just lasso a rope around your neck, string you up, and knock a chair over??

Short answer is : They can.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

They might have been afraid of what he would say or 'spill' when he got to that court hearing.

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'd like more details - was he depressed? Any signs he might do something like this? Any fight with his partner or anything?

Just seems to me if you really have love and support, you wouldn't do that. Even if you DID have to go to jail, you wouldn't do that.

Honestly it was the first thing I thought. I don't think it would be to keep the files secret- they got out already, but maybe if a court case set a precedent....it might encourage others.

I hate it. He did a lot of good.

Hanging seems to be the way - remember the DC madam.

Uh, just for the record, I'm happy as can be. I'd NEVER off myself. NOT suicidal. At all.
Maybe we need a check in system that is encrypted with personal keys. IF we ever decide, yeah, we're killing ourselves, we could change our status. Depressed- maybe? That's it, I'm outta here. Definitely suicidal see you in the afterlife...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

Well, with all the recent mysterious deaths of top people in the gun industry, it wouldn't surprise me if they are trying to silence all the opposition that they can.

I missed that one... mysterious deaths in the gun industry..? Is there a ATS thread on this.. Can you elaborate on that?

Sure

Keith Ratliff - Tied to a chair and shot in the back of the head

John Noveske - Killed in "mysterious" car crash

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SaltireWarrior

I don't know enough about the story to arrive to any conclusions but foul play could certainly be a factor, thanks for sharing this news as it does have the possibility to be suspicious. A lot of people are turning up dead lately.

Good find.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I found out about this sad news through an RSS feed ironically enough, RIP aaron.

He must of felt severely cornered by the case against him to do what hes done. I can't judge him, under those circumstances Id probably choose the same fate.

I like how there is no evidence to suggest foul play yet its being sold as if its common knowledge by some members. Conspiracy theorists may have an alternate answer for everything but that doesn't mean they are the right answers.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

That is what came to my mind too, like sweep or something. Do you suppose they have death squads in full authority now? Thought crimes for what individuals might say next.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Seems like a person in his position would make it abundantly clear that they would not under any circumstance commit suicide.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I thought it was pretty widely KNOWN that we have secret death squads....Terror Tuesday and all that.

And the court says we can't know who gets pinned to the list b/c of national security.

I think if we want national security, we better get a bit more transparency.

Why can't we recall these senators who vote for this junk? Maybe we should try.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Your "we" scared the poo out of me! I was thinking for a minute that you were included in that. "I" do not have death squads! Anyway, this poor guy became part of the 26 club or whatever that is when the great artists die at 26. People like Hendricks, Joplin and all the rest.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I read one article that said he was shot "in the back of the head". I'm guessing the autopsy isn't complete yet?? I couldn't find any more info.....at the moment, I find it really, really coincidental, all of these people turning up dead. If he was shot in the back of the head I'd say its not a suicide.....hopefully some more info will turn up soon...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well, "we" as in America.

Here is his last blog post: www.aaronsw.com...

"What Happens in The Dark Knight"

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
I read one article that said he was shot "in the back of the head". I'm guessing the autopsy isn't complete yet?? I couldn't find any more info.....at the moment, I find it really, really coincidental, all of these people turning up dead. If he was shot in the back of the head I'd say its not a suicide.....hopefully some more info will turn up soon...

Everything I've read said he hung himself.
Excellent article here, IMO, from Lessig. "Prosecutor as Bully"

lessig.tumblr.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Because you are reading a conspiracy site and so are in the most likely place to see questions like this being entertained.

It's not like it's being stated as fact. It's just simply being put out there for discussion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join