It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea tells China planning nuclear test: Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

SEOUL: A North Korean official has apparently told Chinese authorities that the communist state is planning to conduct a third nuclear test in the coming week, a news report said Saturday.

"We've heard a North Korean official in Beijing told the Chinese side that the North planned to carry out a nuclear test between January 13-20," the Joongang Ilbo daily quoted an unidentified Seoul official as saying. South Korean officials have a policy of not commenting on intelligence matters.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

How does a country blatantly test Nuclear Weapons, in defiance of the world, when we condemn Iran for having the same Technology? North Korea, IMO, is more of a danger to the world seeing how 30k US Troops are on the border and Soeul is within reach. Although, I do realize the Middle-East is a more active region in this era for "Terrorism" some IRan directly connected to so....

Same old story?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well I hate to be the pragmatist of the bunch here but I just went to looking at North Korea on Google Earth with the ruler tool and it looks to be 140 miles from inland border to beach in it's widest spots and as little as 72 miles.

Just where do they have in mind to test such a thing??

Even Nevada was an ENORMOUS place by comparison of sheer expanses and mileage distances.... So I'd sure want to hear a bit more if I were China. Their territory gets it first from a bad judgement. Err... Yikes.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't know what kind of nukes they're running, but if they are advanced enough, nuclear tests aren't that dangerous.. Not in the same galaxy as a melt down..

Still had no idea North Korea was so thin.
edit on 1/12/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981

said the guy with the most nuclear tests coming from his country... the guy whose country has been at war whether others liked it or not. the country has forced into wars even at the expense of their own people... what arrogance...

Was he not more likely at least from my bias saying we should not be talking about Iran so much, and not saying we should go mess with North Korea...

Besides that is he American? I kind of thought he was Canadian..

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hold on one minute, the USA does not have a right to have a say on anybody procuring nuclear weapons for their nation for as long as they uphold their second ammendment in their own nation. If US citizens are allowed to bear arms for their own self defence of their nation and America has nukes. Then America would be a hypocrite for telling other nations they can't have nukes at the same time, so they can defend themselves from oppresive countries like the USA and UK. Total hypocrites.
edit on 12-1-2013 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

This is not about guns... But I agree with your sentiment..

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Your right it isn't about guns, but about the logic of which the second ammendment is based. If the USA are allowed to arm themselves to defend against possible invaders, then why aren't anybody else? The trouble is that the USA is scared that they won't be able to bully them into doing as they wish anymore.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well I hate to be the pragmatist of the bunch here but I just went to looking at North Korea on Google Earth with the ruler tool and it looks to be 140 miles from inland border to beach in it's widest spots and as little as 72 miles.

Just where do they have in mind to test such a thing??

Even Nevada was an ENORMOUS place by comparison of sheer expanses and mileage distances.... So I'd sure want to hear a bit more if I were China. Their territory gets it first from a bad judgement. Err... Yikes.

Afternoon Wrabbit! Thanks for stopping in

The last few they tested, like India and Pakistan did intially, were underground!

Originally posted by Alda1981

said the guy with the most nuclear tests coming from his country... the guy whose country has been at war whether others liked it or not. the country that has forced itself into wars even at the expense of their own people... what arrogance...
edit on 12-1-2013 by Alda1981 because: (no reason given)

I'm Canadian bro. Relax.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Should crazy people be allowed to have deadly weapons?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BSFC123

Quite a large percentage of U.S. soldiers suffer from PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder) but are allowed to re-enlist.

I agree with you though. Demilitarize the U.S.!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
"We are planning to build a super big slingshot, with a striking range of 1 billion lightyears. It can fire two pebbles an hour, which could decimate god himself!!! Also, we have created a new cavalry battalion, which consists of soldiers on unicorns with Ak47s! Haha! Beat that you pesky Americans! All you got are stealth bombers......21st century technology, oh # we lose."

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trajan
reply to post by BSFC123

Quite a large percentage of U.S. soldiers suffer from PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder) but are allowed to re-enlist.

I agree with you though. Demilitarize the U.S.!

While this might be off topic, I am seeing a annoying amount of people trying to paint soldiers with PTSD as a problem. Anyone can have PTSD, not just soldiers, and everyone who doesn't live with it seems to paint; -any- veteran as having it.

Back to topic:

I'm not convinced the nuclear angle for any nation, is nothing more than to show. "Hey I've got a stick to clobber you with 'if' you attack us."

M.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I'm wondering when China and Russia will both step up to the plate and man up and clean up that old left over Cold War mess called North Korea they helped create in the first place.

Nukes?

North Korea playing with nukes is like giving a teething baby a razor blade....

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well i suspect Russia and China are getting pretty fed up with North Korea right now, I am sure if they really are rattled by North Korea they will finish Kimmy and his evil regime off for good.

top topics

join