It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Y. Mayor Bloomberg To Limit Supply Of Pain Medication In City Hospitals!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I am placing this here because I feel this could fall under either, political or medical conspiracy, mods please move if need be, thank you.

This article left me furious, please take a look at what "fat cat" Bloomberg is up to now!

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg unveiled a new initiative Thursday to limit the supply of painkillers to the city’s emergency rooms in hopes of reducing prescription drug addiction.

Under the new city policy, most public hospital patients will no longer be able to get more than three days’ worth of narcotic painkillers. Critics argue the move would hurt poor and uninsured patients who use emergency rooms as their primary care doctor.

I wasn't aware Bloomberg had a medical degree! Isn't it the Emergency Room doctors job to discern, who has legitimate pain and who is drug seeking? It is not the job of some political tool!! He has absolutely NO authority to impose this, yet he is doing it anyway.

Even more shocking, is what he said on his radio program.

“Supposing it is really true so you didn’t get enough painkillers and you did have to suffer a little bit,” Bloomberg said on his weekly radio show. “The other side of the coin is people are dying and there’s nothing perfect. …There’s nothing that you can possibly do where somebody isn’t going to suffer and it’s always the same group [claiming], ‘Everybody is heartless.’ Come on, this is a very big problem.”

www.washingtontimes.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">washingtontimes.com

Is he kidding? So now the people will "suffer" in order to inflate Bloomberg the "blowhards" ego!! This is infuriating!! How much more power is the government determined to grab? Now we have politicians deciding if and how much pain we have. Whats he gonna do next, legislate to the pharmacy how many pills they are they are allowed to keep on hand? This is power run amok! Hopefully there will be some doctors who stand up for themselves!!

Would like your thoughts on this please?
Thanks for your time,
pax:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Between him and Cuomo, NY needs to just start flying the communist flag.......Nothing American about either of these two globalists!

But then again, are the people of NY that damn stupid to keep these Authoritarians in office???

These two are proof of either very dumb people electing them, OR that elections are definately rigged.....

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
this dude is unbelievable. Typical gazillionair that thinks he knows whats better for everyone else.
I really cant understand why people vote for people like him, he is not a "man of the people" he thinks he is THE MAN.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Well, when you're personally worth an estimated 20+ billion dollars, as Bloomberg is, you're above such things as pain and discomfort. That's for us mere mortals who comprise the 99%. He kinda defines that rare elite at the top of the very top for power and money.

Ahem..... I wonder how he'll feel about all this if the currency crashes in a real and uncontrolled way to truly make the cash advantage a worthless thing for treatment? I'll bet pain killers would suddenly be something he'd demand ..forcefully and loudly. lol

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

WTFH?

WHAT AN OUTRAGEOUS SON OF A [redacted]!

[uhmmmm calm down OL]

NO FREAKING WAY I AM GOING TO CALM DOWN! :shk:

I HOPE THIS BASTARD GETS A SOLID LONG TERM DOSE OF HIS OWN LACK OF PAIN MEDICATION!

Personal Disclosure: I fully agree with what I wrote above!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
He won't allow you large sodas.
He limits your pain meds.
He bans trans-fat.

But hey, this isn't a "nanny-state"!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'm actually ok with this. Prescription opiate abuse in this country is an epidemic. Doctors prescribe these, specifically oxycodone, way too easily and frequently. These are dibiltiating addictions to have and it's very easy to get hooked on them. It has also bred a giant underground of dealers, doctor and pharmacy shopping and insurance fraud.
edit on 12-1-2013 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Hey man.. I have to ask.. Ive seen other posts from you and I gotta know why you start your posts off with Explanation:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
He won't allow you large sodas.
He limits your pain meds.
He bans trans-fat.

He's the Anti-Santa. Instead of bringing gifts, he takes and regulates. He knows who's been naughty and nice too with his all knowing resources, so indiscretions in being 'nice' for no good reason will be dealt with accordingly, I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Explanation: Then limiting pain medication isn't going to fix the EPIC FAIL that is your country!

Personal Disclosure: If you can see that your country is that far gone already ... then why haven't you invoked your 2nd amendment right and gone and fixed it yourself ... or alternatively why haven't you fled like a bat outa hell?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
herr chancellor bloomberg shows his intelligence once again, or lack of it, or possibly his evil scheming ways.

not one mention about the concoctions the pharmaceutical companies put out that are so chemically altered and added with potentially dangerous additives that it no where near resembles the original and natural painkiller that is opium.

why mess with something that was doing it's job for centuries.

why try to chemically engineer its euphoric properties by refining it with chemicals that cause nausea.

the mind needs pain relief as well as the body when healing.

the only thing they should be doing is altering the medication's solution for strength so they can administer it safely depending on the level of pain so it does just enough to ease pain and not cause addiction.

that is the doctors job thru training and practice.

if you need painkillers to ease your recovery and healing, it is much better to have a natural diluted solution than whatever some potentially nefarious pharma company puts out there.

i wonder who's more of an imbecile, bloomberg or the people that elected him.

edit on 12-1-2013 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

He is the antithesis of personal responsibility.

His authority. He's doing this "for" you. You need taken care of. You're too "fat" so he's going to take that decision from you.
A doctor prescribes medication, but he knows more than a doctor. A public servant. A bureaucrat.

It's people like him that infuriate me!

ETA: the next time that idiot has a kidney stone, I hope he just gets Tylenol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 12-1-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Wow!! I couldn't agree with you more!! These two are legends in their own mind!! What an absolute insult to the doctors of New York and the people!! One wants to take our guns, and one knows is regulating how much pain we are ALLOWED to have!

I will tell you right now, as a long time trauma nurse, managing pain is a top priority!!! We are not a bunch of flunky's whom cannot recognize a drug seeker! Not treating someone for legitimate pain is cruel and inhumane! It is unethical and goes against the American Medical Association. A doctor can lose his license for this. The people of N.Y. need to put this clown OUT!! I see many law suits in the future!!!

Pax

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I just can't stand this screw-ball. What a super-looser!!!

Bloomberg has made it so all public schools have to purchase their supplies from a company that he owes. (Lining up his pocket with instant cash.)

He changes the playing field so he can serve for a third term.

He & his Comrade, Commissioner Kelly, support the continued use of Stop and Frisk. That should be stopped immediately.

He implements many new laws on a weekly basis, which are all geared to generate income for the city - most of them are building operation related (elevators, boilers, fuel type, energy use, etc). He banned the use of #6 fuel oil in residential buildings. (It is the cheapest fuel around.)

He implements Local Laws about stupidity. Example: Energy Benchmarking - Local Law 84.

He implements a law that makes large sized sugary drinks illegal. (Like he is a health official.)

He has started his Mayors against illegal guns (which seems to be a strawman for more gun control).

He now plays doctor by saying that the sick and ill are getting to much in painkillers.

I can't wait for his term to be over. I am so very sick of the draconian rule in NY.

Oh, don't get me started on Cuomo.

-E2

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
I'm actually ok with this. Prescription opiate abuse in this country is an epidemic. Doctors prescribe these, specifically oxycodone, way too easily and frequently. These are dibiltiating addictions to have and it's very easy to get hooked on them. It has also bred a giant underground of dealers, doctor and pharmacy shopping and insurance fraud.
edit on 12-1-2013 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

You are talking about percocet! First you are wrong, one must continue taking and and increasing their dose for several weeks most of the time months, in order to become addicted!! Secondly, a person having legitimate pain does not experience the same high as a person abusing pain medication in order to get high. The brain chemistry is altered in both but differently!!!

Lastly, isn't an emergency room where MOST people go if they are having severe pain?? You want to end the problem, you need to go after doctors specifically most likely in private practice, NOT in the FREAKING ER!!!!!!

Pax

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Do you realize how bad pain med abuse is? NYC is one of the worst offenders. It's full of doctors with questionable practices that will literally give "patients" anything they want. High level pain meds are prescribed to people way too easily and there is almost no real way to track them if they are smart about it.

It's a major problem and something has to be done to limit abuse.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Who this discriminates against are people without a primary care physician. Should emergency room doctors be prescribing more than 3 days of highly addictive opiates to the broke and destitute? Probably not. The only way for an impoverished person to afford opiates is by criminal enterprise.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Do you realize how bad pain med abuse is? NYC is one of the worst offenders. It's full of doctors with questionable practices that will literally give "patients" anything they want. High level pain meds are prescribed to people way too easily and there is almost no real way to track them if they are smart about it.

Some people use foul language. So I am going to order you NOT to use certain letters in the alphabet, even though you do not use foul language.

See the connection?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The problem of over Rx'ing people in just about all directions, including pain medication, is a national epidemic. The issue needs to be addressed in a MEDICAL and not political way in my opinion though.

It's true enough that there are plenty of people on meds they shouldn't be long term. It's ALSO true that a good number of those people want off them but Docs have come to be little Rx machines in too many cases for their own reasons I wouldn't guess at.

The solution isn't at the hands of pencil pushers though and not in some haphazard way. A lot of human damage lay down that path because coming off opiate dependency is no game. It's not like someone simply being a jerk getting off cigarettes. Actual health damage can be a result if it's done to the politics first and medical sense second.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

ETA: the next time that idiot has a kidney stone, I hope he just gets Tylenol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh Beezer!! You beat me too it!!!!! I Now officially wish one upon him!!!! ONe that is 9x8mm!!! And for kicks, I wish one on Obama as well! LMAO!!!!

pax

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join