It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Yeager, CEO of Tactical Response, claims he will 'start killing people'. I can't believe pe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Yes

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam

Originally posted by manmental
reply to post by NiteNGale2

Thanks for the info. So do you you think I say his name here? I'm not sure yet.

How ridiculous it's gotten to the point we have to worry about stuff like this:

Okay then. We are talking about James Yeager. It is he who was mentioned in the article in the Daily Mail.
I really do want to concur with you but 24 hours ago I typed James Yeager into the ATS search and a couple of threads were 404-ed... perhaps because the original youtube video was removed... but even so to 404 something suggested it is Beyond Top Secret.

I don't know how many gun advocates who are so vocal on other threads on here support James Yeager and his views expressed in the video in the link I posted.

I can also guage from this thread what I am allowed to post in some gun threads.

And yes I do disagree with the ATS policy of deleting 50+ page threads because of one or three bad posts that go aginst ATS regulations.

That is why I'm questioning adding posts to valid threads right now with controversial thoughts.
edit on 12-1-2013 by manmental because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2013 by manmental because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by manmental

When we start worrying about if it is OK or not to post or discuss ANYTHING that has been written, reported or spoken about then that is the day we would be Damning Ourselves to allow others to determine what is or is not in our best interests.

I know we have all agreed to certain conditions dictated by ATS to be able to use this Privately Funded Board and since it is their show we must abide by those conditions or cease to use this board...that's fair. But when people here start feeling afraid or hesitant to post something reasonable because they feel that the subject may not be sanctioned...I start to worry.

I myself have gone out on a limb on many occasions for the purpose of expressing my support of Free Speach. I have been warned by my sometime employer to take it easy if I want to continue posting here and if it was not for the fact I am needed on ocasion...no one here would be able to read my posts.

Still...although safety of certain people is always first in my mind...the safety and ability for people to discuss and debate the everyday going on's of the World is very important. And it is true that if I or anyone else was to be so stupid as to talk about something that would be detrimental to National Security or be Classified in it's Nature and not be in the publics general consciousness as there are many things here discussed that remain classified but are still well known as this information has leeked out over many years...such people doing something so stupid should be held accountable especially when other peoples lives are on the line.

So I guess it is all about balancing Rights with Responsibility. It may be our Right to do something and I encourage people to excersize their rights but at the same time I believe people should understand that their are people out there tasked with the responsibility of preventing knowledge that places some in harms way from becoming public....but these people have no rights WHAT SO EVER to use that as an excuse to coverup wrong doings and illegal actions all under the guise of National Security.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

When we start worrying about if it is OK or not to post or discuss ANYTHING that has been written, reported or spoken about then that is the day we would be Damning Ourselves to allow others to determine what is or is not in our best interests.
I know we have all agreed to certain conditions dictated by ATS to be able to use this Privately Funded Board and since it is their show we must abide by those conditions or cease to use this board...that's fair. But when people here start feeling afraid or hesitant to post something reasonable because they feel that the subject may not be sanctioned...I start to worry.

Only in the last month have I felt worried about posting my thoughts on ATS and it wasn't a nice feeling. That is why I want clarity ideally for future posts.

I am worried that I would get threads deleted more than a personal threat etc... but a worry is a worry.

Sometimes I chat honestly on the web and ATS was a place i enjoyed that... no more... now i have to read and re-read anything i want to post and nowadays i mostly end up deciding not to post. Shame really.

But I still love ATS and I appreciate it has to change with the times... the times are s*** right now it appears.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I posted a thread just asking about why it got trashed earlier today and that thread got trashed too.

Kinda ridiculous if you ask me, if threads about that nit wit on the PM show and videos of him were allowed I dont see why this is any different.

As far as Im concerned this guy should have lost his right to even hold a gun as soon as he made the vid

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I cannot speak for ATS or for what it does but I would suggest to you that worrying is self defeating. If I were you I would simply read up on ATS guidelines to eliminate such fears as knowledge tends to have a way to do so.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Wrong thread...

edit on 12-1-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

thank you.
i love ATS.
i have important things to say but i don't like worrying i'll be banned or close threads for reasons unexplained.
i've seen it happening in one specific recent case and in other cases there are 100's of similar threads that haven't been censored or closed and i found it distressing.

I have to say I found the nature of the posts that got some recent threads closed was disgusting and abhorrent and those people should be ashamed.

But there was great info in some threads, the best of which was started by a MOD... and it seems a shame that threads can get shut because of some posts..

This would be a great way of dis-info people to close threads.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Wrong thread.
edit on 12-1-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The Mods would always take steps first, I have had threads trashed before and when they were explained to me behind the scenes why, I understood and therefore there was no problem. ATS is from what I have observed gentle with the Ban Hammer for the most part if members respect the way things work around here. Dont fear.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join