It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea to test nuke Jan. 13-20

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Or so they told China :
N. Korea tells China planning nuclear test: report

A North Korean official has apparently told Chinese authorities that the communist state is planning to conduct a third nuclear test in the coming week, a news report said Saturday.

"We've heard a North Korean official in Beijing told the Chinese side that the North planned to carry out a nuclear test between January 13-20," the Joongang Ilbo daily quoted an unidentified Seoul official as saying.

Oh! You better watch out,
You better not cry,
You better not pout,
I'm telling you why:
Kim Jong Un is coming to town!
edit on 12-1-2013 by lolita64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I wonder who they are gonna test it on?

I also wonder what unlucky senior officer or military prisoner or offender is gonna have to stand on a Red X to be punished. Kinda like the creep did with the officer that got drunk and a mortar.....
edit on 12-1-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
They gonna test it underground.

What could be hilarious is if they woke up Mount Baedku (a big volcano) with that test... North Korea would be under feets of ashes and would be done as a country.

Last time they tested a nuke, Mount Baedku had a surge in activity...

edit on 12-1-2013 by lolita64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
As much as I am against nuclear, I am all for Iran developing it for peaceful purposes (more that I wish our countries would get off their hypocritical high horses about it). However, if they were developing a nuke, I would feel fairly confident it would be for defensive purposes only.

NK on the other hand, it scares the hell out of me knowing they have them, and are testing them, especially as they succeeded in putting a satellite into (sort of) orbit.

I would hate to be living in SK right now.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lolita64

UUUUUUUUUUUU

Little kim is gonna blow up a low yield nuke underground

And how many tests did USA and Soviet Union do, HUNDREDS

And no one starts a thread about that,

Well actually they did, ATS is big, what can I say

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JewAgainstZionism
reply to post by lolita64

And how many tests did USA and Soviet Union do, HUNDREDS

And no one starts a thread about

Actually, thousands

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
US: Strike on N. Korea Possible if Nuclear Test Held

The commander of the U.S. Pacific Command says the U.S. may launch a surgical strike against missile bases and nuclear test sites in North Korea if it conducts a third nuclear test.

If this ain't an empty threat... uh oh.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I support the N Korean space programme, for one reason only. The regieme that is killing its people and has gulags and concentration camps in their country can book a one way flight on a rocket straight into the Sun. Seems fair to me!!

Seriously though I do wonder if China is now going to be seriously annoyed with N Korea for going ahead with this. The population of North Korea are starving, the ordinary people that is, they have serious food shortages and many have died. And yet they can afford to play with nuclear fire crackers. If I was China I would be beginning to be pissed off myself as I dont want this kind of hassle. Especially when one is trying to flex their economic muscles and be influential in Asia.

I can see all sorts of fallout from this. Can China really afford this to happen? I would be having words with Kimmy and telling him to pack it in and keep his head down.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

China is annoyed but they prefer being annoyed than to be invaded by millions of North Korean refugees if the regime collapses. They also don't want an United Korea on their border... not to mention Beijing is very close to the Korean border...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I can understand that from the Chinese point of view. Setting aside the politics for a moment, a sudden influx of refugees would create havoc. But even so something needs to be done as one day this will be something they need to address. Especially if that Volcano erupts!!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Let's put this into perspective. It's winter, it's very cold in Korea at the moment. There are sanctions on the country. There is very little coal or oil for heating.

They need some more 'Aid'.

This happens every winter. Threats work for them.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
Let's put this into perspective. It's winter, it's very cold in Korea at the moment. There are sanctions on the country. There is very little coal or oil for heating.

They need some more 'Aid'.

This happens every winter. Threats work for them.

BINGO!

join