It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyes Focused on one point for a long time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Wanted to share something with you. When Im focusing my eyes on a specific point (distance or close by) it acts normal. But when Its for about 5 to 10 minutes I get in this trance. Everything around this point/objects turns black/white ish. And my eyes wouldnt blink until the moment I focus on something else. In this moment of trance, time flies, I could do it for hours and even block pain. I kind of like it as its really weird and a funny sight.
I read an article like 10 years ago I think about a man, sitting on a mountain (in China) who was doing the same thing every morning when the sun came up. No blinking and focusing on the sun. I read that he was receiving energy from the sunrays and that the NASA were going to investigate this man.
Does any of you have the same issue?
Its quite easy to find out really. A little experiment is just take a paper and put a dot on it and sit in your room and hold your head like over the paper so your entire view is the paper and just stare for it for like 10 minutes, until you see the paper is turning black/orange (thats what happens to me anyways).
For me it works better at night when I stare at my digital clock with red numbers and red dots. I just stare at one dot. You cant let your pupils look to another aspect, just the dot.

I also see this tunnel/black hole ish thing when I close my eyes after doing so. Its like a pattern that is like coming towards me and then the next circle is coming to me (when I close my eyes)

Cheers.
edit on 12-1-2013 by jemoeder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jemoeder

I have noticed this in the past. It wasn't intentional either, I just noticed that when I focus for too long my eyes start doing weird sh*t.
edit on 12-1-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Come on OP

starring at the sun, is horrible advice

do you want to blind people ??

As for what happens when you stare at a certain point, I did it just now, I was curious

The picture on the wall, started slowly dissipating around the edges.
And the environment dissipated into a whitish haze.

Obviously this is one of those effects of human physiology, I don't think this is anything paranormal or divine

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

In the center of your retina is an area known as the 'fovea' where the vast majority of your color receptors, known as cones, reside. It is about the same angular size as an American quarter held out at arm's length. Anything outside of this small area will be perceived by your rods, the black and white receptors. To give you a full color image of the world your eyes constantly dart around your surroundings (faster than you notice) and your brain combines this color information into one image which it artificially paints the outsides of. If you manage to focus on a single spot for a long enough time your brain will literally forget what color your surroundings are and everything outside the very center of your vision, your fovea, will fade into a black and white mess which will start to lose focus because your brain is devoting more processing power to what you're directly focusing on.

Isn't physiology fun?
edit on 12-1-2013 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
There is a specific hypnotic induction technique call the eye Fixation technique. This is where the patient is told to stare at a chosen spot and as the visual field changes in the way you described, suggestions are given to guide the client into a trance. You are doing something very similar and inducing a state of mild self hypnosis. This can be very good for you. You can use it to give yourself positive reinforcement for changes you would like to see in your life.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jemoeder
Wanted to share something with you. When Im focusing my eyes on a specific point (distance or close by) it acts normal. But when Its for about 5 to 10 minutes I get in this trance. Everything around this point/objects turns black/white ish. And my eyes wouldnt blink until the moment I focus on something else. In this moment of trance, time flies, I could do it for hours and even block pain. I kind of like it as its really weird and a funny sight.

I also see this tunnel/black hole ish thing when I close my eyes after doing so. Its like a pattern that is like coming towards me and then the next circle is coming to me (when I close my eyes)

Cheers.
edit on 12-1-2013 by jemoeder because: (no reason given)

Its quite easy to find out really. A little experiment is just take a paper and put a dot on it and sit in your room and hold your head like over the paper so your entire view is the paper and just stare for it for like 10 minutes, until you see the paper is turning black/orange (thats what happens to me anyways).

the experiment may be interesting and amusing at first...
but i can see some people turning to stronger methods to produce stronger sensations...

one might call this activity one type of 'first step' of an Addiction Personnality

i would certainly be cautious

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Okay thanks, It's not that when I want something to be there its there, as I focus on a specific point. Its like the object/point is fading away and my entire view is orange ish. I never tried it longer than one hour cus it may not be good for my eyes. (not/hardly blinking for one hour)
Thanks framdregged for the biology
So my brain is kind of 'forgetting' the colours around me as Im focusing on one point. So why after 10 minutes and not after 5 minutes for example? And when Im doing it at night, completely black, It turns yellow/orange or anything really aswell so it can't forget the colours, right?
Lol JewagainstZiony, obv I dont want ppl to look at the sun, maybe just somewhere below it, I just read some article about a guy doing that to receive energy by the sun. I never tried it, seems hard to do as there is nothing to focus on in the sky for a while, maybe the horizon.
Im not sure if its absorbing energy as I dont notice any energy peeks in my body. More some kind of trance that blocks everything. I try to do this more often to see if anything weird happens and let you know.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The timing is most likely just unique to you whereas the colors at night would probably be sense deprivation hallucinations. If your eyes don't get any information for a long time your brain will just start making things up. Look into sensory deprivation tanks, I bet you'll find those interesting.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Yea i know what your talking about but i can rarely do it and i never mean it, all gets kinda blurry and distorted, and i get a sensation of peace of mind sorta thing

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
i recognized that too but,i didn't actually recognized anything black,i only saw white-yellow,really light yellow

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I was in a deep relaxed trance state on the couch once just listening to ambient music with my eyes in a relaxed gaze staring straight. I began to see a wormhole/vortex thing, as though it was a real physical thing like a puddle in a pond it had waves rippling outwards from the centre. Just 1-2 feet in front of me. It kinda scared me a little which put me off and made it stop. But once I relaxed again it started again, it only happened twice it was kinda hard to get it to happen intentionally.

Another time I did the same thing only outside at night staring at the stars. I began to see a white haze taking different forms. At first I thought I was seeing the different constellations in their artistic form. The white haze got bigger and bigger like it was coming out of the sky towards me. Again I got fearful and it stopped, so I relaxed again and it started again. The haze got so big it covered the whole sky and appeared to come towards me. The haze then disappeared and I began to see strands connecting the stars to earth and I know it sounds weird but I saw this octupus/spider type of creature that was massive that all the strands connected to. Did I peer into the astral or was it just some kind of hallucination?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jemoeder

Hey Joe I wanted to ask you some questions and tell you something. Are you still active on this website?

top topics

join