It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the sound of life!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The golden ratio for those of you who do not know, is a sequence of numbers otherwise known as "Phi" that encapsulates everything in the known universe. It is the Fibonacci sequence.

There are many threads about it on ATS discussing the possibilities and discoveries of the magical number if you care to spend the day reading about it but that's not the purpose of this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So without further ado, I give you this!
Enjoy.

ETA: There is one word for me that describes what I hear. Forward. No anger, no pain, not even happiness per se. Just forward.
edit on 12-1-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
A lovely piece of music that builds to a nice crescendo.............

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Awesome find OP! Why does that melody sound so familiar? lol

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

It does have a familiar feel to it doesn't it.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Wow, you guys are lame. only two responses? Guess no one gives a hoot. Oh well...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

The golden ratio for those of you who do not know, is a sequence of numbers otherwise known as "Phi" that encapsulates everything in the known universe. It is the Fibonacci sequence.

That's baloney. Do you think this will stand because the recent 2012 flop was such an awesome flop?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by FlySolo

That's baloney. Do you think this will stand because the recent 2012 flop was such an awesome flop?

What's baloney? Phi? haha ok, if you say so. Don't know why you're bringing 2012 into this. It's got nothing to do with it.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Phi is a simple ratio - nothing more, nothing less. It is only of interest in that it is pleasing to the human eye when applied to architecture. This goofy claim that it "encapsulates everything in in the known universe" is so laughable. Now that I think about it, this is sillier than 2012 claims. It is absolutely a knee slapping joke.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

You know what? I just got home from work, I'm tired and I don't feel like being my usual self with sad little men who live under internet bridges. Lucky for you I'll just feel sorry for you instead. Now be gone and thanks for dropping by.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Glad you posted this. It does have a positive "vibe".

It might even be possible that some folks just can't help themselves,
and perhaps their soundtrack is tubular bells

It also helps to explain why encouraging kid's musical abilities, can also help them in their understanding of mathematics.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Good point. I've always sucked at math but I've been playing guitar for over 20 years. I can't read music but I've got a great ear. Learning the theory is similar to learning math in a sense, it's been tough. Certain notes will not go with others. There is a formula to cords, scales and combinations of notes when composing. I believe it's called the circle of 5ths? So that's why I posted this - the connection with math and music.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The connection between math and music. Really?

There is the myth that Mozart played to babies makes them smarter.

Going from baloney to myth now.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Such a lovley piece of music! thanks for posting mate!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It does sound so familiar.

Sonoluminesence - Cavitation - NanoGeometry & The Future of Technology (CONTINUATION)

Under show more this link

www.scribd.com...

Currently reading this, and its so odd his lawyer used Harp as the metaphor.

Walter Russell,

www.alexpetty.com...

grasptheuniverse.com...
Walter Russell – The Leonardo Da Vinci of the 20th Century

edit on 17-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Bolero with the addition of a Xylophone maybe.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
From the link above: Universal Laws Never Before Revealed Keely's Secret.

p.13-14....They have raised the world's standard of comfort, and at the same time they have lowered the power of purchasing these very comforts, a desire for which they have generated. The advantages that accrue from steam and from machinery have not been distributed, but have become the property of a small minority.

Year by year the competition is becoming fiercer, and labor more arduous and continual, and men are growing more and more like living machines, and the helpless slaves of machinery and of institutions. An operative, in these days of steam power, has less liberty than a slave ever had, except in one particular – he has full liberty to starve, or work himself to death, neither of which privileges an owner would allow him. Keely, however, thinks his discoveries will restore this disturbed equilibrium....

Basically in 1888, roughly 150 years ago, the very same issues were discussed, the same goal to free mankind. And the same concern if the cosmic twin harmonics, magnetism, vortex, falls into the wrong hands, the monopoly of power we'd all be enslaved. Of course, Keely's major investor was someone in Germany, bloodline family, Roman Empire family, and that history through the Nazi's and following the war has indeed been the workings ever since.

en.wikipedia.org...

Except that its not just the learned and educated middle class and higher waking up, but more and more. And truly need to apply some universal principles. We are the micro to the globalist centralist power's macro, and we contain within our very beings, if we work through the rough stuff in us, and meditate to heal and shine our light, the same infinity as their macro. We are equal to all that is, each of us. And so they cannot succeed in enslaving an awakened soul who is striving to become more of themselves and bring in true Love and Solutions.

p.14 If so, that section of the community would then, under our present institution, obtain almost absolute power over the great majority – those who depend upon their labor for their support. The capitalists who owned the tremendous powers implied in a monopoly of Keely's inventions would be practically the absolute masters of the people; and obedience to their will would be far more really, than even now, the condition upon which those who were not capitilists also would be allowed the means of contiued existence.

His lawyer and Harp:

p.18. Charles B Collier, Keely's patent lawyer, writes as follows, concerning the difficulties attendant upon “the supposed duty” of his client's imparting his “secrets” as ordered by the Court to do so, some time since:---

If to-day, for the first time in your lives, you saw a harp attuned and being played upon, you would hardly expect, without considerable time and study, to be able to reproduce the harp, attune its strings in proper relation to each other, and to play upon it so to produce the harmonies which you had listened to. Mr. Keely's work is analogous ...

And a picture from page 16

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Resonant pitch, vibratory harmonics.

The Known Universe, Primordial Sound, Vibration, and the Cosmos Visually

www.svpvril.com...

The Theory of a Musical Universe

"The universe consists solely of waves of motion." relates Walter Russell in chapter 31 of A New Concept of the Universe. Another way of saying this is: "There exists nothing other than vibration." In Russells statement lies the base for his next blast at orthodoxys belief in a material universe: "Any theory which cannot find a fitting place within the wave has no other place for it in Nature." Hard words for sure but can they stand up to scrutiny? Is it possible to create a paradigm of nature that is structured entirely on wave or vibration theory? Investigating the pioneer work of John W. Keelys Sympathetic Vibratory Physics2 would lead us to believe this is so.

If the universe were chaos there would be no harmony but only degrees of chaos. All sound and vibration would be just plain noise. Noise, therefore is unorganized vibration. But none can doubt there is order recognizable throughout nature from the uniformity of atomic structures and behaviors to spiral galaxies whose swirling arms of orderly stars span light years and billions of years of activity. This innate order has been long recognized, researched and categorized and may be found in music theory. In vibratory terms disorderly vibration can be organized in terms of music principles. Therefore music is organized vibration or sound set in orderly principles of structure and behavior. The principles that make sound into harmonious music are the same principles that govern all associating vibrations throughout the universe - and that includes everything that there is. It will be shown how any given vibration gives rise to a complex yet simple series of subordinate vibrations known generally as harmonics and these harmonics are relative to one another as are musical intervals.

It is generally recognized that everything is a result of vibration and each thing has its own chord of vibration or vibration signature. This state of vibratory condition is characterized in John Keelys Law of Corporeal Vibrations.......

In chart #1 we can see how this process works. Any harmonic series or scale has a base frequency from which all its harmonics are derived. This base tone is called its fundamental or key note. In the chart a subharmonic of the musical note "C" is used as the fundamental or foundation upon which are self-generated a series of harmonics. This note has a frequency or rate of vibration of 256 cycles per second (cps) or a suboctave harmonic of middle "C". The little squares contain a number representing the relative amplitude or power of this note compared to the other notes soon to be introduced. As a natural process of creative force this fundamental tone will vibrate and this vibration will divide itself into its own superharmonic of 512 cps (2 X 256) which will in turn divide ad infinitum according to natural law. Concurrently the number will also resonate and be sympathetic with subharmonics of 128, 64, etc. This process of dividing into smaller and smaller wavelengths is creative and evolutionary and according to the Law of Harmonic Vibrations:

"All coherent aggregates are perpetually vibrating at a period-frequency corresponding to some harmonic ratio of the fundamental pitch of the vibrating body; this pitch is a multiple of the pitch of the atomole [a subatomic unit]." John Keely5

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
would the number of Phi be 42????

sorry, I had to do it....

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Where do you find all this stuff?

I love videos like the one above. Really puts things into perspective
edit on 17-1-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Nice harmonic presentation FlySolo listening to it, it sounds like a haiku as it begins with the similar tones as its end. And in the middle all the energies and various tones all still following the beginning set pattern/path of sound. Thanks for the Harmonic exposure it was enjoyed FlySolo.

NAMASTE*******

edit on 1/17/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join