It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Running For President In 2016

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Apparently one of the guys from the five from fox news has stated that Rand will be running for president in 2016........linked here from a tweet.

I don't know how reliable this is, but it's not that big of a shock. I'll only be supporting him if some key issues are seriously talked about, namely domestic and foreign spending. I'm not holding my breath, there's something about him that seems to hold me back, even though he does stand up against the TSA and other things threatening our freedoms.

What do you guys think?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Does it matter?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedog1973

you just took time out of your day to post "does it matter"?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Waste of time, the GOP needs to run an electable candidate if they want to reverse their poor showings the last two elections. besides other people with a better chance of winning are likely to get the party nomination anyway, Gov Chris Christie of NJ comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Helig

yes i'm sure he does come to the GOP's mind, and if he wins he'll be blowing up and invading the other side of the world like the rest of them......oh yes and bullying latin america. i don't know when people are going to realize that all of this is not affordable and morally wrong.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
Waste of time, the GOP needs to run an electable candidate if they want to reverse their poor showings the last two elections. besides other people with a better chance of winning are likely to get the party nomination anyway, Gov Chris Christie of NJ comes to mind.

Chris Christie blew his chance. If he does run he will not get the nomination. I think Rand has a good chance, but the question is will he in fact run on the Republican ticket?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight

you just took time out of your day to post "does it matter"?

Yep.

Really, does it matter? If Ron can't win, Rand definitely can't.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

How ironic that Democrat Presidents presided over 90% of the wars America has fought. Even the Iraq war was pushed by Democrats long before Bush took office. If any party can be decried as war mongering it is the Democrat party. The facts speak for themselves. Just because they speak softly does not mean they don't carry a big stick. Try reading some real history.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

fair enough, thank you for giving your opinion. you very well may be right, but i feel it's possible some will find him more acceptable because he seems to be more mainstream......and i'm not saying that is a good thing, i'm just saying.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Rand has a better chance than Ron, if only because he plays into the 'party' line more. But the GOP is dumb if they run him out there. I can think of 3 FAR more electable people than Rand.

'Course, thats all assuming there actually IS an election in 2016.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

How ironic that Democrat Presidents presided over 90% of the wars America has fought. Even the Iraq war was pushed by Democrats long before Bush took office. If any party can be decried as war mongering it is the Democrat party. The facts speak for themselves. Just because they speak softly does not mean they don't carry a big stick. Try reading some real history.
i disagree with you in the fact that you think it's just the democratic party....i was trying to point out (and poorly) that both parties are the same. Christie = more of the same.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

i'm really not a republican so it's hard for me to even consider that i might vote for another republican candidate, but i get your point.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

fair enough, thank you for giving your opinion. you very well may be right, but i feel it's possible some will find him more acceptable because he seems to be more mainstream......and i'm not saying that is a good thing, i'm just saying.

there is something endearing about an oldster with a bit of vigor and fire. Ron relied a lot on it and despite his racist magazines and associates and seedy background he was forgiven a lot more than most would have been able to get away with.

Rand is the same a Ron, just non endearing at all, with a mealy mouth, homeschool haircut and similarly outdated views on politics. The constitution isn't the bible, nor is it the ten commandments. Politics has moved on and most voters have as well.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Rand has a better chance than Ron, if only because he plays into the 'party' line more. But the GOP is dumb if they run him out there. I can think of 3 FAR more electable people than Rand.

'Course, thats all assuming there actually IS an election in 2016.

Yeah.... 2016 seems a long long way off, doesn't it? Just Benghazi almost feels like a year ago by how media and stories have compressed the sense of things. Odd on that and the news cycle moving how it does now.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

i'm really not a republican so it's hard for me to even consider that i might vote for another republican candidate, but i get your point.

Im neither dem or repub, they are both sides of the same coin. But I am fairly good at reading the games that they play. I do think Rand will be a vp candidate. I dont think there is much of a chance at all that he gets the nomination as presidential candidate, though.

Personally, I will never vote for a major party again, until I see some actual change in the system.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I wanted Ron Paul to win but I don't know about Rand. They aren't the same.

I'm going to go ahead and make the prediction that Hillary wins in 2016. I don't believe we pick our presidents but we are fooled into thinking we do.

She's next to the throne. You'll have to wait 4 years to see but I got Obama right and it's not because I wanted him to win again it's because I see it for what it really is....one big staged reality show.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
I wanted Ron Paul to win but I don't know about Rand. They aren't the same.

I'm going to go ahead and make the prediction that Hillary wins in 2016. I don't believe we pick our presidents but we are fooled into thinking we do.

She's next to the throne. You'll have to wait 4 years to see but I got Obama right and it's not because I wanted him to win again it's because I see it for what it really is....one big staged reality show.

Hillary wont run, i can almost guarantee you that. It was unlikely that she would run before she had the recent health issues. Now, its almost a certainty that she retires from public life.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Amen to that

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hes welcome

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I'm not so sure that Hilliary's current condition wasn't a failed ploy trying to get her from testifying in the whole Benghazi incident. They don't want her in the lime light because she is running next term and it's better to keep her out of any kind of scrutiny.
These elections are planned years ahead.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join