It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey ATS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hi

I'm a Yorkshire man in my mid 30's, and I guess i'm more than a little sick of the way our country (and indeed, the wider world) is basically "going to [SNIP]
I'm not a religious fella, nor am I particularly highly educated.....but I can still see things are not as they should be!
In my working life, I've seen industry in the UK crippled and farmed out abroad.....which, let's face it, is never gonna come back. The "Great" has definately gone from Great Britain in my humble opinion.
I wonder, if the UK is on its financial knees.....why not nationalise all the banks, transport and power companies, communications etc? Obviously this will be declared unfair by the big corporations - but these seem to be the only organisations producing profits year on year - meanwhile all the infrastructure here is disintergrating.....Surely if they were run for the good of the country, profits could be re-invested into improving the UK instead of paying idiots like Fred the Shred massive bonuses - am I just being naive?
Things cannot continue like this....can they?

Mod Note: Profanity and Censor Circumvention - Please Review This Link
edit on 1/12/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Welcome onboard. Enjoy your stay.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! I'm new myself and its a very fun and informative.
edit on 12-1-2013 by misse2miss because: added

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerMau5

Used to watch DangerMouse when I was a boy.

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS....enjoy the ride...

Des

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS, DangerMau5! The way you describe the UK sounds like most of Europe.....breaking news, it ain't much better on this side of the pond either. Just do the best that you can...anyway, Welcome!

Peace! ID

new topics

top topics

join