It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans Are Evil, And We Should Exterminate Ourselves!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
your op is just full of half truths and ignorant projection....it is true that no one is inherently evil but it is also true that default path of human mind is towards evil.....the journey towards righteous requires control over your mind and especially the emotions which if not controlled lead us towards darkness and people like you can't understand that.
religion doesn't say we are evil but if we let ourselves be led only by our emotions, we will achieve only darkness.

Humas are NOT innately or inherently evil! Humans ARE however, adaptable to their environment.
this is what i am talking about....if humans were adaptable to environment, we wouldn't be humans in the first place....may be you can't understand that...

Create an environment of peace and plenty, and with the exception of a few, the overwhelming majority of us are content to live in peace and harmony.

and what was last time you were at peace....this type of irrational bull# is good for the idiots...who will create the environment of peace and how.....aliens...you are just contradicting yourself.....

Create an environment that requires us to live in survival mode, and we will do whatever it takes to survive, and insure the survival of our young. Create an environment where we have no choice but to fight fire with fire, and we will respond in kind. We won’t like it, but we’ll do it if we are forced to. Create an environment that is hopeless and helpless, and we will live in despair until we figure out how to change it.

and who creates those environments....maybe unicorns....

Now look at the world you live in folks. Look at it. Analyze it. Examine it closely. What kind of environment do we live in? Who has the greater responsibility for creating that environment? Who has the responsibility of changing that environment? Locally, nationally, and worldwide?

....humans create those environments....they can change it but how...

To condemn our whole species as evil, and beyond redemption, is nothing more than an extreme response and adaptation to the environment that has been created on this planet.
i agree with that....we are not evil but we will be if we don't control ourselves....which is hard.

Stop adapting to the present environment, and start adapting the environment to you.
again i agree....but do you know what that 'environment' is and how to protect yourselves from that???

SO HERE IS THE BREAKDOWN OF YOUR OP.......we are not inherently evil but adaptable to 'environment' . if the environment which is created by mars aliens is evil, we will adapt to that. we should stop adapting and the way to do it can be read in the mars today......

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I don't think we need to be exterminated, but I do believe humans are evil. I think the only reason people don't act out is because they fear the consequences, not because of any moral high ground.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by therationalist

people like you can't understand that.

OH, that's rich. People like Klassified can't understand that?

he he heh

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Greetings ATS

thanks tho those who responded to me , it means a lot to me , so Thank you
2th line

TheGreazel

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpenSky
reply to post by Klassified

Well go on then be the first to kill yourself, no one truly cares what you think.

I see you're new here, so I'm going to give you some good advice. You should always read and comprehend the OP before you respond to a thread, no matter what the title says. If you don't, you're bound to make a fool of yourself, such as in this case.

And once you've made a big enough fool of yourself, some members will write you off, and no longer reply to your posts, as if you don't exist. I speak from experience. I've made an ass of myself more than once. You would do well to take heed if you plan on hanging around awhile.
edit on 1/13/2013 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
ANYBODY who says this stupid statement should lead by example. otherwise they are hypocrites of the first magnatude.
edit on 13/1/13 by DataWraith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by therationalist

Well at least you read the OP. Which is more than I can say for some others in this thread. Star just for that.

It is true, I am not a particularly good writer. Still, I think my OP is reasonably clear. But somehow, you have managed to turn it into something so foreign to what I've stated, that I can't begin to unravel the perversion of it.

So rather than rewrite and annotate my whole OP over again, I will just take the hint that some folks need more than what I've given in the OP, and my subsequent posts in the thread.
edit on 1/13/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/13/2013 by Klassified because: corrections

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
What a sad state of affairs, and some of the posts here mirror that. I'm DONE being civil!! Alot of you are typing about how evil humans are waaah! waah! waaah! You know what? You DON'T like it, well get off your ARSE and do something about it! If you don't like the way things are then GET UP and do SOMETHING positive for someone instead of sitting thier complaining! Complaints don't contribute ANYTHING positive that come from someone who is unwilling to take the steps to do anything to affect change! YES there is ALOT of bad things in this world! That is a FACT, but in order for things to change WE need to change! IF YOU DON'T HELP THEN YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!

(rant mode off)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I've never seen any evidence that would suggest that it is possible to create an environment in which humans will live completely without conflict or evil. I think that all humans are innately flawed, and thus any environment that we create will be flawed as well.
But I don't think exterminating ourselves is the answer either! Isn't there a halfway mark? I don't see it as an all-or-nothing game.
It seems to me that recognizing fallen human nature and our capability for extreme evil but also understanding that humans have a magnificent capacity for good is a balanced and rational approach. Attempts to create a perfect society on earth have all failed magnificently in the past. If we want a better society, the best place to start is with ourselves. I hope we can all agree on that.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Sure!

It says to always be prepared to enact Plan B just in case Plan A doesn't work out the way you want it to!

What?

How does that "being prepared" with a backup plan IMPROVE things here and now?

I'm sorry, but "sure!" is not really explaining how fatalistic pessimism "improves" things.
Thanks in advance if you decide to offer a more specific explanation!

P.S. "Christianity" was/is/has NOT been working, so, since it isn't,
WHEN DO YOU SCRAP PLAN A?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by StalkerSolent
I've never seen any evidence that would suggest that it is possible to create an environment in which humans will live completely without conflict or evil. I think that all humans are innately flawed, and thus any environment that we create will be flawed as well.
But I don't think exterminating ourselves is the answer either! Isn't there a halfway mark? I don't see it as an all-or-nothing game.
It seems to me that recognizing fallen human nature and our capability for extreme evil but also understanding that humans have a magnificent capacity for good is a balanced and rational approach. Attempts to create a perfect society on earth have all failed magnificently in the past. If we want a better society, the best place to start is with ourselves. I hope we can all agree on that.

Good post! I can agree with flawed, even though that is also a subjective term, and defined only in terms of what a society or individual deems as acceptable human traits.

In reading history, I've never seen a true attempt to create the perfect society. If by perfect society, you mean equality and opportunity for all involved. Or "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness".

The subjective definition notwithstanding, I have not seen historically a true attempt to create such a society. When the veneer comes off, we always find out that it is a ruling class behind the curtain creating an illusion of good, or "freedom", rather than any attempt at actually accomplishing such.

If we want a better society, the best place to start is with ourselves. I hope we can all agree on that.

Exactly.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by StalkerSolent

I agree completely as you have stated very simply and eloquently.
As a species, we are flawed, or another way, we are not perfect and never will be. You really hit the nail on the head with....."If we want a better society, the best place to start is with ourselves....", this is truly where it all begins, within ourselves. No question in the history of our existence man has commited tremendous atrocities. However, we have been marvelous too. It's a good thing never to forget or close your eyes to the meanness, hatred, distructiveness, abuse, (I could go on with the adjectives) but you get my point. Balanced with all of this is the goodness within us to find cures to devasting diseases to help millions, inventions which have helped millions inflicted with disablites, and the list goes on. Then the simple politeness, the thank you, the love and compassion, caring that goes on everyday, all over the world. It does truly begin with each one of us!!

Originally posted by Klassified

Good post! I can agree with flawed, even though that is also a subjective term, and defined only in terms of what a society or individual deems as acceptable human traits.

In reading history, I've never seen a true attempt to create the perfect society. If by perfect society, you mean equality and opportunity for all involved. Or "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness".

The subjective definition notwithstanding, I have not seen historically a true attempt to create such a society. When the veneer comes off, we always find out that it is a ruling class behind the curtain creating an illusion of good, or "freedom", rather than any attempt at actually accomplishing such.

Exactly.

Yes, exactly right
As this discussion moves along, I think we can now agree it is not sensible to extinguish ourselves and our lives.
So many wonderful possibilities. But as noted above, we are flawed/not perfect. We make mistakes, some really big ones, and some are not mistakes but downright actions of Evil. No, there will never be a 'perfect' society. In a way, I think that would be pretty boring. Humans are designed imperfectly, so life will be filled with wrongs and evil acts. However, as our civilization continues to advance, through education, understanding, awareness, that WE are all in this together, I pray future generations will continue to grow in a togetherness, not lose our uniqueness, but learn to tolerate, accept and love one another better.

It will never be perfect, but we can improve ourselves individually and as mankind in total. At least that is what I am hoping for.

Thanks again Klassified for posting what has turned into a very good and provocative discussion. Glad I was here!!

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Thanks Klassified (and ItDepends) for the responses. As you point out, Klassified, attempts at utopia often instead transform into the rule of the many by the few (Communist Russia comes to mind.) I do think that the French Revolution was commandeered by "true believers," at least at first--people that really thought they could make the world a better place. It is also hard to tell how deeply the Nazis had drank of their own draughts, but I think it is safe to say that many of them really believed that the Third Reich was transforming the world and the human species into something better. It's sad to see how deluded we can sometimes be as humans.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This stupid belief is one of the reasons I'm not Baptist. No offense intended, but my mamaw's church is Baptist, and every other statement has something to do with human condemnation.

Sure, I believe in God, but if we're made in his image, how are we evil?

People are always made of gray. Good and evil, swirled into a mesh of a personality, sometimes the white outweighs the black, and vise versa... but everyone has both in them. Some have way more of one than the other, but it's not our abilities or weaknesses that define us. It's our choices.

Despite the Dalek in my avatar, a creature meant for nothing but murder, exterminating anything different from itself, I never believed this.

S&F

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Originally posted by OpenSky

Well go on then be the first to kill yourself, no one truly cares what you think.

I see you're new here, so I'm going to give you some good advice. You should always read and comprehend the OP before you respond to a thread, no matter what the title says. If you don't, you're bound to make a fool of yourself, such as in this case.

And once you've made a big enough fool of yourself, some members will write you off, and no longer reply to your posts, as if you don't exist. I speak from experience. I've made an ass of myself more than once. You would do well to take heed if you plan on hanging around awhile.
edit on 1/13/2013 by Klassified because: clarity

Actually I have been a member on here longer than you!!! I first came to ATS in 2009..

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenSky

Actually I have been a member on here longer than you!!! I first came to ATS in 2009..

I rest my case.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

This is an extremely tricky thought experiment. First we must define evil, and then we must define what it means to be human.

Now, I can not speak for everyone, but when I think about things from a religious stand point, which seems to be the entire backing for the ideal of evil. Yes, unfortunately we are all evil. Every single portion of the entire religious ideal of evil seems to be the embodiment of modern man/woman. We all commit some act with in these religious criteria for evil whether we like it or not. What is evil, well according to religion, anyone that either commits, condones or enables sin.

It's really quite terrible when you think about it. A religious system, set up to damn us from birth. Even before we are scientifically capable of understanding our actions we are committing a sin(I suppose this depends on how extreme you view religion, but if you take it literally we do). Sloth, Greed, Gluttony, we commit all these acts as infants. We consume, we do nothing, and we take but do not give... I can't think, entirely clear as I've had a few glasses of wine, and probably should be staying away from a keyboard but it's true, in the most literal of senses according to religion. Not to mention, the supposed statement we are born of sin, a product of the sin of two individuals. It's crazy.

Now, what we may view as a modern society as evil is perhaps a little different. We tend to label the most extreme of these "sins" as evil. Mass murderers, sociopaths/psychopaths, mass murderers, rapists, child molesters, and those who knowingly do nothing about the before mentioned. Unfortunately yes, I do feel I am a little bit evil. I really care not about the masses, even though I tend to think I am out to try to benefit the whole. If it came down to it, and I was starving I would steal from my fellow man to feed both myself, and my family. Even if it left another family to go with out. Is this not what we would define as evil? Causing suffering of others, with out care to benefit the self? How many of you would do any differently. Really think about that. Your wife/husband, daughter/son is starving. Your neighbor has a loaf or bread, and you need to feed yourself and family. The opportunity arises to take said bread, do you leave empty handed because it's the right thing to do, leaving you and your family to starve to death? Or do you take the bread, to feed you, and your family so you may live on, leaving your neighbor and theirs to starve to death. I know you may say, you would not, but in the situation we both know what would happen. By definition this makes us " Evil," does it not?

We prey on another every minute of every day. We work a little harder to keep our jobs, letting someone else fall behind. Quite often this is in fear of losing our job, or a promotion, but in doing so we have to let someone fall. We will do it every time. Survival of the fittest, every man for himself, to the best man goes the spoils. How ever you look at it, our lives are flawed. We do not operate in a fashion to benefit the whole, and unfortunately feeding off of each other leaves us in a position to fail no matter how many years it takes. As one man learns to step on heads, and get ahead with his cunning, charm, and manipulative ways eventually their are no men left to out due, and their is no prize to be had. We all fail.

If you presented me with a button, and said " If you press this button, all of humanity would cease to exist." I would absolutely press the button. Man kind is both Earth's greatest predator, and inevitable demise. Unless we find a way to absolutely change our ways, and very existence we stand simply to destroy ourselves and the host we reside on. It's written in history for all to see, and the future will be much the same.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I agree that the real question is defining good and evil as my previous posts state in detail. However why press a button to end all existence of human life? In this instance you would be selfishly serving yourself and the group that agree with your argument. We might destroy this planet, so what? The worth of this planet is only as good as the subjective agent experiencing it and giving value to it. Destroy that agent and meaning ceases to be.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

I agree with some of what you said, but your very statement seems kind of high on the value of human life. It's human nature, to value ourselves and the life of our species, but there is an entire solar system that is seemingly empty, but each and every speck of it plays it's own important role.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join