It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain knew about the war 5 months in advanced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It looks like british government knew about this war before any of us had a clue. So UK is our strongest ally whether they like it or not.

news.independent.co.uk...

US gave date of war to Britain in advance, court papers reveal
By Colin Brown, Deputy Political Editor
27 October 2004

Secret plans for the war in Iraq were passed to British Army chiefs by US defence planners five months before the invasion was launched, a court martial heard yesterday.

The revelation strengthened suspicions that Tony Blair gave his agreement to President George Bush to go to war while the diplomatic efforts to force Saddam Hussein to comply with UN resolutions were continuing.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
so...

we had to be planning for the war... and since the UK was / is our biggest ally, wouldn't you want to inform them of intentions, not to mention, planning how they would be used in the war... etc...

I see this as no big deal...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Ok - enough is enough.

If Blair's still in office by this time next week, there is something definitely wrong with the UK.

Personally, I think he should have been strung up years ago for his treachery with regards betraying Britain's sovereignty to the EU, but surely the lying bastard can't hang on to power after this little revelation.

At least Gordon Brown isn't a EU arse-kisser ... lets get rid of Blair and give Brown a chance to redeem the Labour party.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Pisky, Britians independent military action reinforces Britian's independence outside of the EU. Blair is treating the UK as if it was an independent state not some province in the EU.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
blair is awesome forget the eu just another useless international orginization

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
Pisky, Britians independent military action reinforces Britian's independence outside of the EU. Blair is treating the UK as if it was an independent state not some province in the EU.

Blair has betrayed Britain to the EU, which he planned to do all along. He doesn't work for Britain, he works for Tony Blair, which is why he backed GWB on the war and got British forces stuck in some hellhole in the middle east. This was despite the wishes of the British people.

He probably thinks that Dubya will be able to put in a good word when the EU becomes a superstate with a president. Guess who wants the job ? - Yes, Anthony Blair esq.

Ali, you are right - the EU is just another useless organisation, but Blair is far from 'awesome'

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Originally posted by verfed

Blair has betrayed Britain to the EU, which he planned to do all along. He doesn't work for Britain, he works for Tony Blair, which is why he backed GWB on the war and got British forces stuck in some hellhole in the middle east. This was despite the wishes of the British people.

He probably thinks that Dubya will be able to put in a good word when the EU becomes a superstate with a president. Guess who wants the job ? - Yes, Anthony Blair esq.

Ali, you are right - the EU is just another useless organisation, but Blair is far from 'awesome'

Very good point and i appreciate a constructive reply, but I the reason I said that regarding blair is I think he would make a better president for the US rather than the current candidates.

new topics

top topics

join