It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns on Campus: You wont shoot your rapist because you'll know him

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Explanation: St*rred!

Me judging them is not a problem at all!

If they don't have the capacity to act, then there is nothing to judge except the criminal rapist/s actions.

However ... if they had the capacity to act to prevent what happened and they didn't take those actions, then that is completely irresponsible and uncivilized ... and they are indeed fully at fault for their OWN actions in the CRIME/S that took place.

'They' become a criminal also, in the moment they choose to not act, when they have a DUTY OF CARE, to themselves and society at large, to take action to prevent crime and bring criminals to justice.

There is no escaping this logic as far as I can see as this is what it takes to be a CITIZEN and not just a civilian.

Personal Disclosure: I thank you kindly for answering my very harsh question. Very Commendable!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Didn't you just start a thread about a serial child predator getting out of jail and lamenting on how to protect your children? Think that guy's gonna stop if you say "Pretty please"? In some cases, violence is the answer and who it's directed against.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by antonia

If they don't have the capacity to act, then there is nothing to judge except the criminal rapist/s actions.

However ... if they had the capacity to act to prevent what happened and they didn't take those actions, then that is completely irresponsible and uncivilized ... and they are indeed fully at fault for their OWN actions in the CRIME/S that took place.

Well, I think the quibble here would be: What do you consider the "capacity"? That needs some definition.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
reply to post by AccessDenied

Didn't you just start a thread about a serial child predator getting out of jail and lamenting on how to protect your children? Think that guy's gonna stop if you say "Pretty please"? In some cases, violence is the answer and who it's directed against.

Are you suggesting that a child carry a gun to school to protect themselves?
I believe you have me confused with someone who promotes violence instead of self defense.
Besides..I live in Canada for gosh sakes...everybody and their cousin does not keep a handgun for every reason under the sun.
I can protect my children and myself without packing a piece. Even if I were American a gun would be forbidden in my household due to the curiosity of youngsters and accidental shootings.
A bullet does not solve all problems.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
In arguing against guns on campus that's what this expert says about it:

The premise is that armed students could better protect themselves from aggressors, including sexual abusers. But IU Sexual Assault Services Center counselor Debbie Melloan says a gun might offer less protection against rape than it would seem to.

“Most sexual assaults happen between people who know one another. You’re going to be in a close, kind of private setting…are you going to be willing to shoot the person that is your friend?”
link

Really? You wont stop a horrible thing from happening to you because your attacker might be a friend? You'll just let yourself be raped to save hurt feelings?

The retard is just mixing two different issues. I can do the same!
Condoms will in no way prevent people from getting AIDS and they will not stop pregnancy because women can get invitro and you can get aids from a blood transfusion- CONDOMS DON'T WORK BAN EM

Seat-belts don't save lives because you can die of a heart attack during an accident. See how seat-belts are useless?

TSA wont stop terrorist from hijacking planes because if the pilot was a terrorist nobody could stop him. The TSA does not work!!!

He just put forth an incredibly dumb argument...
Even if someone had a gun at columbine or sandy hook a gun wouldn't have helped because a victim won't shoot a rapist!
edit on 13-1-2013 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Explanation: St*rred!

I fully agree!

Personal Disclosure: Please forgive my late reply as I starred your post 24hrs ago and have been distracted by 'other stuff'.

I shall give that some serious thoughts and try come up with and post asap what I feel is a logical and reasonable set of parameters.

I urge you to do likewise so we can compare 'differing views' on the matter.

Be well comrade.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join