It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Is How They Will Take Your Guns?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
TPTB may be working behind the scenes with 'The Freedom Group'. This company is currently buying up all the major manufacturers of popular firearms. I suspect that when the time is right, after they own all the major gun manufacturers, they will cut us off.

To kill a weed, you have to attack the root. The root is the manufacturer, the weed is the gun.

After "they" get the big guys, they'll take out the small ones. Keith Ratliff and John Noveske (Independent gun makers/sellers) died tragically in just the past week and a half. Sure, it may be a coincidence but it's odd.

Even within gun circles, the Freedom Group is something of an enigma. Its rise has been so swift that it has become the subject of wild speculation and grassy-knoll conspiracy theories. In the realm of consumer rifles and shotguns — long guns

News Link

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Wow. I don't want to try and reach for a conspiracy here...but could this mean anything?

According to Bloomberg News, the father of Cerberus chief executive Stephen Feinberg lives in Newtown, Conn. Cerberus said in its statement that it would "immediately" begin the process of selling off the assets of the Freedom Group.

Source

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
How on earth are the gonna take back the millions of guns that people already possess?

It is not so easy as it seems.

Plus more and more people are arming themselves up now in the fear that guns will be banned.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The pieces fit, but it will only stop new production of fire arms here in the USA.
It wont do anything to the 270 million guns already here.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

Probably they feel that at the moment theres not much more profit to be earned from the gun buying public as they've gone mad and stocked up so demand will fall and so will the value of the businesses so offloading them now is probably a good idea to get the maximum profit from the investment and then move onto the next thing

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

True. I imagine they'll start doing a lot more of those gun buy-back programs in the near future.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111
reply to post by shaneslaughta

True. I imagine they'll start doing a lot more of those gun buy-back programs in the near future.

Thats when the US citizens should tell them to go F
themselves..

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

I have seen a few in neighboring counties in my area already....one buyback program only netted 43 guns.
Another got 127, i dont see people letting go of them in any measurable numbers.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Great theory. It fits.

First the government will buy up and take out manufacturers; then create a false flag event to cause a sales spike in firearms. The government reaps huge profits to further fund illegal wars and drug cartels. Meanwhile, certain people are on the verge of starting a violent revolution in America. I could cause mass people to protest in the streets with guns drawn.

Then they swoop in with tanks and sound weapons to disarm you and throw you in a FEMA camp.

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Two types of people will tell you the government wants to take their guns. They are either fear mongers who stand to profit like gun makers and the NRA or the poor not so bright people who buy into their crap every single time and go out give them money. Just follow the money people. Who is taking about a gun ban? Not the Gov but the Gun makers and the NRA. So far the drastic step the gov wants to take is to make back ground checks better so people who should not have guns can not just walk in and buy them. And they have thought about but, not pushed bringing back the assualt weapon ban from 94-04, although that seems unlikely. And that is it. And who is cashing in as usual? The NRA and gun makers. They have a certain amount of people they know how manipulate and they do it very well.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
lol, yeah gun manufacturers are willingly going to give up their billions in profits

I guess you don't realize the NRA is nothing but a corporate lobby group for gun corps. All they do is pay off politicians to vote in their favor, which is less gun control.

CERBERUS is part of one of the signature Wall Street businesses of the past decade: private equity. Buyout kings like Mr. Feinberg, 51, try to acquire undervalued companies, often with borrowed money, fix them up and either take them public or sell at a profit to someone else.

$$$$$$$$$$$
edit on 12-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well good luck with all the custom gun makers....
I was watching TV the other day and they were talking about the people in Montana who make there own guns...Just google custom gun makers...

I found this article interesting...Source

The Montana work ethic and quality is outstanding,” Goguen said. “When you look at firearms, so many of the parts in the best ones, the ones I really admire, come from Montana, from small, mom-and-pop places that maybe don't have the capital to go big. So it made sense to take advantage of that. There are a lot of really amazing craftsmen here, and we have the opportunity to bring them together.”

I like crafts...Sounds like gun making or smithing...would be something profitable to get into...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
So one private entity has bought several large "long gun" manufacturers? Sounds like an easy way to shut them down given the right circumstances. It wont deal with the 200+ million firearms currently owned, but with enough currency inflation and buy back programs with large enough incentive, those will be sliwly dwindled down as well.

What will that leave us with? A goverment with exactly what theyd hoped for. Assault style weapons off the shelves and out of the hands of most civillians. That way, if there ever was an uprising (god forbid), then the weapons that would offer us the mist protection against military equipment (in my opinion) would be few and far between, leaving us to battle tyranny with their fully automatic weapons and body armor, with our handguns, shotguns, and muzzleloaders.

Yes, before anyone says anything, i may or may not have overthunk this one and went too far left of center...... just my thoughts though

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The problem I see with the gun "buy back" idea, is that it is taxpayers money being used to "buy back" the guns.

So, in effect, those gun owners handing over their firearm for a wad of cash, have already paid the government / state, through taxes, for the disposal of that firearm so are not really gaining anything in the deal.

Edit to add..... Cash strapped states will even probably have to raise taxes to pay for any gun buy back schemes too, so that money they pay out will be clawed back one way or another... plus interest!
edit on 12-1-2013 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Shhhh..... dont say that out loud. We dont want the general public finding out about that, now do we?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Why don't you stop being so Alex Jones-ish and THINK!!!!!

How? How can they possibly pull this off? Do you know how many households there are in this country??? They can't even successfully pull off the Census every ten years from the 120,000,000 homes here!

No way. No how. Won't happen.

This corrupt lying cheating back-stabbing government will make it hard to purchase guns and ammo but that's it.
And frankly my world would be a better place if half the people who own these guns, wouldn't! The mind-set of the person who feels they NEED to possess a gun is very frightening. Do it because it's your Right not because you feel some covert plan to confiscate your weapons is coming down the pike. The more you act irrationally and paranoid the more the government feels a need to step in!

I don't believe for a minute Sandy Hook was a rouse. That's insane!! They don't need to use a real small town to pull off a psy op. In fact, they don't need a reason for gun control. They've been looking to control the sales of guns for DECADES! And rightly so.

Guns are usually NOT used as a means of protection as much as some of you would like to believe. They are used to murder others and commit crimes. Do the study!

Something has to give. So instead of you telling us what you DON'T want why don't you shed some light on how to fix this problem and believe me, we have a problem.

Just recently, I literally stepped in between someone robbing someone else's home. I hard someone screaming for help in broad daylight, so as I went outside to check out the situation out. The robber (bad guy) fired 3 shots at the tenant (another bad guy) as he fled the scene with a safe full of his drugs.

Yeah! Guns are good huh?

So tell me, how do we quell that????

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

My view, which is critical because I don't own a gun and I get my fix of shooting by playing Battlefield 1942, is that when gun owner's rights are attacked the intelligence of the average person is attacked.

Telling people that should not have a gun is telling someone that they don't know right from wrong. That's mind control in a sense.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
You know who WONT participate in any "buy-back" program?

Criminals. And there are MILLIONS of them....and their firearms.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I dont mean to sound rude, but that was reminiscent of a piers response. Most "theyre coming for our guns!" talk is hypothetical and worst case scenario, but it still lies in the realm of possibilty. Im sure no one ever thought our own government would test infectious diseases and chemicals on the unknowing population, but it happened anyway....

Also, in response to how to curb the bad guy on bad guy violence..... those people, had the proper background check done, more than likely would never had the chance to purchase a weapon. Also, a large majority of those bad guys have unregistered firearms, a good percentage of which being imported illegally. What needs to be done is lto focus more on those issues, rather than going after the legal, registered ones bought the RIGHT way.

Back on topic, IF they did try anything to cut the supply if these arms off, it wouldnt be an overnight deal, but it could happen...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111
reply to post by Human_Alien

My view, which is critical because I don't own a gun and I get my fix of shooting by playing Battlefield 1942, is that when gun owner's rights are attacked the intelligence of the average person is attacked.

Telling people that should not have a gun is telling someone that they don't know right from wrong. That's mind control in a sense.

But there's an abuse or 'flaw' in the system though. People are a lot different now than they were 250 years ago. Plus we have almost 10 times more people roaming this country than we did back then.

Now here's an example of abuse: we have the Right of free speech but that doesn't mean we have the Right to tell a Judge, a teacher or the president (lower case) to go phuck off now do we? It's a fine line between your Right and the rights of others. Where do we draw the line?

We also have a birth-right to be free. But that doesn't even get us out of the hospital unscathed. We're own as soon as we take in our first breath. Now THAT is what we should fix. Not this inane gun control argument. Like I said early, gun control has been on the table for over 100 years.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join