It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mmmm meatloaf

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Ha ha .. You are right on the spelling...thanks for bringing that to my attention.....see what I get for drinking booze and posting! Lol!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

it doesn't look very good but I am sure (by looking at the ingredients) it would be very tasty.

(is that mashed potato on the side of the dish?)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hey Blah Blah, I LOOOOOOOOVE meatloaf!!!
when I make mine, I substitute Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ Sauce for katsup, try it, its the BOMB!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Shepard's PIE now that deserves A-1 sauce cuz it got potato ....I add cheese to mine sticks it all together better.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

it doesn't look very good but I am sure (by looking at the ingredients) it would be very tasty.

(is that mashed potato on the side of the dish?)

Oh it is delicious! Funny thing about food pics, sometimes they make the food look worse lol. I dont' have very good lighting in my apt so many of my pics come out bad.

Yes it is mashed potatoes. I had to use instant which I don't really use since the red potatoes I had were bad. I usually make homemade mashed potatoes with meatloaf.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick
Shepard's PIE now that deserves A-1 sauce cuz it got potato ....I add cheese to mine sticks it all together better.

MMMM Shepard's Pie, another favorite of mine!

I will have to make that this weekend. I love the mashed potatoes! A-1 on mashed potatoes or any potato is so tasty!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I make the BESTEST homemade mashed taters, add garlic, butter, milk and shredded sharp cheddar cheese
dammit now im hungry

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Old wives tale : pregnant women who crave meatloaf with a-1 are definitely having twins... or triplets.

** runs away before Blah slaps me.. **

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Best meatloaf I make uses dry honey garlic sauce mixed with the meat then a bit poured over the top...
*drools

Well, I made it and it was exceptional! Now what am I going to do about finding honey garlic sauce? I have a couple bottles on my shelf from my last visit to Canada, but I've never seen the stuff in the Deep South!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

MMMM Shepard's Pie, another favorite of mine!

I will have to make that this weekend. I love the mashed potatoes! A-1 on mashed potatoes or any potato is so tasty!

I love Shepherds pie! Unfortunately my hubby doesn't like it, so I don't get to make it very often.

Fry up tons of onions and mushrooms, brown the ground beef, add in some gravy and spices and top with mashed potatoes( Yukon golds with butter, olive oil, and nutmeg). Best meal ever!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rimjaja

I skip the onions...put them in for flavor but don't eat them....cut them big enough to pick out. Or I used dried. hubby doesn't like meatloaf or the Shepard's pie...I used to make them at work. A group home.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

reply to post by rimjaja

I skip the onions...put them in for flavor but don't eat them....cut them big enough to pick out. Or I used dried. hubby doesn't like meatloaf or the Shepard's pie...I used to make them at work. A group home.

Hah.. made me think if this, In the summer we feed kids in the park. A little group of us do the meal thing for kids who arent in school.. and school lunch us most times their only decent meal. Well we started doing this and then parents started showing up for a free meal. We planned one day a week for a kid and parent( or guardian) lunch. Its pretty bad in our county, but we had to center on feeding the kids.. anyway, the most voted on dish was .. you guessed it MEATLOAF! LOL! If you need ANY large ( 45-50) person recipes.. PLEASE get ahold of me, I can share anything you need.
Here is the 50 serving meatloaf recipe we came up with...

8 lb grnd beef
2 lb grnd pork
10 oz soft bread crumbs
2 qts milk
12 eggs
1/4 cup if salt
2 oz diced onions ( I used some freeze dried ones we ordered)
1 tsp pepper
pinch of ceyenne
cover with ketsup

you mix lightly.. not over mashed.. and put it into 5 pans... 4X9 loaf pans and cook at 350 degrees for 1.5 hrs.
Its like 50 four ounce servings.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I just made meatloaf last night. Generally I just throw in whatever sounds good at the time, and last nights was pretty easy, but sooo good.

1 1/2 lb. Hamburger
1 1/2 cup Hot and spicy Cheez-its.
1 package onion soup mix
2 eggs
4-5 tablespoons Dales marinade

I know the Cheez-its aren't real healthy, but they give it a "bite" while holding it together.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Bumping this thread because, well, I never met a meatloaf I really liked and the recipe I use for my family just isn't working lately...they're not loving it. I don't think I'm doing anything different ....so, gonna source this thread for ideas and, hopefully, people can add to it.

Is there a cut of meat that's best to use for meatloaf?
edit on 2/4/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Meatloaf is nasty. Don't want it on my plate ever again. Maybe this reply will paranormally make that wish so.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Been using this recipe for a few years now......I only make it during the cooler months so we don't start getting bored with it.

Classic Meatloaf
3 slices white bread
1/3 cup whole milk
1/2 cup colby cheese, grated
2 pound ground round
1/2 cup onion, grated
2 teaspoons garlic powder, minced
1 large egg,
1/2 cup ketchup
Coarse salt and ground pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Place bread in food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in milk. Set aside, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine beef, onion, garlic, egg, 1/4 cup ketchup, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add bread-milk mixture, and mix very gently with a fork (do not overmix).

3. Place meat mixture on prepared baking sheet, and form into a loaf about 9 inches long and 4 to 5 inches wide.....roughly.

4. Bake, brushing twice with remaining 1/4 cup ketchup during baking, until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees, 45 to 55 minutes. Let meatloaf rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.

I usually end up using more ketchup....and I slice through the middle.....so it cooks more evenly. It ends up being about an inch to inch and a half thick.
I also use a bit less salt.
Be careful mixing the bread-milk mixture into the meat, so it doesn't turn to glue

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I use muffin tins to make meatloaf! It makes the perfect little meat muffin! I know u said u don't use ketchup. Buuuutttt I use a mixture of ketchup mustard and parmasean cheese.. Mmmm with some wild rice . Now I kow what I'm going to make for dinner !

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join