It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America will do nothing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Hello everyone, I am making this post to pose a few questions concerning America. Do you really think a single issue like gun confiscation will really send the average American over the edge? I mean lets look, here you have an article www.smartbrief.com... edtech&sb_code=rss&&campaign=rss stating a Texas judge upholds the ruling that students must now where tracking devices as one example of liberty infringement and what are people doing about it? Nothing. How about the 50 million people living in poverty? drsircus.com... and what is anybody doing about it? Nothing. What has happened to the Occupy wallstreet protests? They got squashed and what is America doing about it? NOTHING. I am just touching on some of the issues to make a bigger point, and that is the line should have been drawn long ago where people would see the warning signs of being powerless and doing SOMETHING. Why does it have to get to gun confiscation before people start saying they will do something, and is this again just talk? I am not American, I am a Canadian/Australian/Algerian actually, but I feel just as passionately about this issue as everyone in America because to me, if America does not stand up for the true meaning of freedom, the whole world will lose liberty too. Thanks for listening, I wish we all had the power to do something and stop the tyranny NOW not when we have an excuse per say, because when you look around there is already plenty of reasons to be ending the current order of things.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
People are going to do something about it when they won't do something about poverty and the RFID chips for Texas kids in their school because it's a different situation.

What's different about it?

It directly effects a huge amount of the populace. It hits straight to home.
edit on 12-1-2013 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

But poverty is directly effecting them, how many homes have been foreclosed on? www.foxnews.com... You know like I'm saying the warning signs have been there, right back to the first book I ever identified with and that was William C Cooper' Behold a Pale Horse. I along with many others have been watching this all unfold for many years.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

Poverty is effecting a lot of people, but there is a social safety net to help mask it and take away the full brunt and the total burn of it.

Poverty is effecting a lot of people, but there is a consolation prize. There is no consolation prize with strict gun control.

It also happens that poverty is effecting a lot less people than potentially could be effected by any significant gun ban.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

anyone who claims to know limits or maximums to anything "just because" is usually wrong.

People didnt think many things would or wouldnt happen, yet they did, Not everything is predictable or can be anticipated.

Look around if you are in the US. People are united in this ONE issue. That is why there is so much spin to it. It has the possibility of getting out of their hands and causing people to look to state sovereignty for protection. That would be a huge kick in the balls to the federal government.

It is MORE than you want to say it is. It is much more now.

Ron Paul was MORE than what they credited him when he started out. They were completely wrong about the EDUCATING effect of people on people.

Paul lost, BUT he motivated people to learn and he has made people look to each other in ways analysts never considered. There is no undoing the damage to the federal government that he did. People will not un-forget the lessons learned. These same analysts are saying this is no big deal.......

Keep pushing. Our states are not corrupt like DC. We have no problem understanding the true nature of the union and the republic which excludes the district of Colombia....because it is not even a state and so not part of the union. Our state sovereignty is starting to reassert itself over this ONE issue. It has a galvanizing effect because it strikes at the heart of our cultural identity. We are a country born of a revolution. Dont forget that.

This is like Italy talking about banning pasta because of the health risks, or Hawaii banning surfing because of the risk of drowning. People unite when you threaten their IDENTITY. We are then AS ONE.

So no....

edit on 12-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Well that is IF the US government passes stringent gun legislation, and IF they backdown and don't I still certainly hope it has given Americans enough food for thought to realize they need to galvanize anyway. You know what I mean? I think we are in unprecedented times, and it feels like people are powerless watching, liberty leave. Here in Algeria, if you go to the bank to get a bank loan for say 5 million dinars, they make you pay 6.5% interest recalculated every year so in the end you end up paying back 15 million dinars. Here there is no land unless you buy it privately and so the price of land is ridiculous and what can people do here? They have no weapons since the revolution here in the 90's when hundreds of thousands were killed and the people lost so now they are too afraid to stop the rampant corruption. The same thing will happen to America if they continue to do nothing about liberty.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Will gun confiscation send America over the edge? The short answer is yes.

This is not Canada or Australia or any other gun strict nation. This is America. The very symbol of freedom and democracy. And we the people are not ones to give up the rights to which we have become accustomed. We the people know what it means to defend our freedoms from all enemies, foreign and domestic. We the people do not need a governmental babysitter to protect us from ourselves.

Jonathan Swift once wrote "All government without the consent of the governed is the very definition of slavery".
Will gun confiscation send us over the edge? Yes sir. Next question please.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Minors,who are adults in training do what they must until they become adults .

There are reasons for you not being in a position of self determination at a young age.

From personal experience,I KNOW I should not have been set free to drive a motor vehicle before the age of 30.

BTW.

Amerkka prolly won do skwat if they canna spel nobetta than dis.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

Get real - You are all Internet Warriors. You haven't done anything about your Brutal Police State.

You have been taught to "Duck and Cover".

I had a thread up using these two pictures that was 404'd. Why? - The truth Hurts?

Chinese Reaction to Government Tyranny

American Reaction to Government Tyranny

That's just the way it is.

edit on 14-1-2013 by Dingo80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Well thanks for your replies, I agree completely that ideologically the US is the last land of the free, by the people, of the people, for the people and perhaps due to the fact that you have the right to bear arms. Though again, it will be interesting to see what legislation is passed, and what people are going to do if any level of gun ban comes into play. What will law enforcement do, ask you to voluntarily hand in your assault guns? I don't think so.....Only way to remove them all is forcibly if the legislation goes that far.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The wheels on our vehicles have tracking devices, our cell phones, computers, etc. An ID with a tracking isn't that much of a shock to me.

Honestly, the tptb would rather spend money on things that will lend them an upper-hand and keep them safe. Instead of spending millions to house homeless veterans or civilians we see them shift the money flow banning automatic weapons and more in depth background checks. Much like spending so much money to keep drugs away from the borders, yet we see thousands of people growing/producing nationwide in their backyards.

It is a lost cause imposing new rules on an old dog.

The "greatest" nation has become fearful of its citizens.
edit on 16-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: reworded

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It's what is going to happen after they take the guns.. sit back and watch the show.

new topics

top topics

join