It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most don't blame President Bush for flu vaccine shortage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
(CNN) -- A new national poll suggests most Americans do not blame President Bush for the current shortage of flu vaccine.

But they do attach some blame to the government.

A CNN / USA Today / Gallup poll released Tuesday shows just 17 percent of respondents said they blame Bush a "great deal" for the shortage. An additional 18 percent said they blame the president a "moderate amount."

About 62 percent of those surveyed said they do not blame Bush very much, or not at all.

www.cnn.com...

The poll, conducted from October 22 through 24, showed 30 percent of Americans blame the government a great deal for the shortage, and an additional 37 percent blame it a moderate amount. Only 29 percent of respondents did not blame the government. Most Americans appear to believe the drug companies are at least a part of the problem.

About 47 percent blame the drug companies a great deal; another 31 percent blame them a moderate amount. And just 19 percent blame drug companies "not much," or "not at all."

[edit on 27-10-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
*bump*....

yes I'm bumping this... I didn't want it to get missed...

maybe I should submit it as an ATSNN article... hmmmm

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well, what does this tell us? To me it appears that the general public is becoming more informed and aware of the issues of the day, and able to see past rhetoric into the true facts behind an issue.

This of course, assumes that they are getting their information from good sources.

This is not an easy task, given the rigors of working and raising a family. There just aren't enough hours in the day, it seems. It's easier to grab a soundbite instead of sifting through the background info neeed to make an informed decision.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This is one thing that likely has no connection to Bush, and is not his fault...

This is the fault of the pharmacuetical companies. Though one might ask why it's so easy for all of Congress to have no problem obtaining the shot....

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Whatever when it rains it's GW's fault! Ok I'm kidding much as I hate him, I don't see how this could be his fault. After all if the vaccines were unsafe isn't the government really protecting us by not asking Britian to use them anyway?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Please use the existing thread to reply to this discussion:

Did Bush Cause the Flu Vaccine Shortage?

Thanks,

Thread Closed

new topics

top topics

join