Twitter Time Stamps - Can They Be Altered?

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
First off I am putting this thread here because it's a sensitive topic and is pure speculation but still needs to be brought up, in my humble opinion.

I was doing some more research on the Sandy Hook subject and ran across a discussion on another site about Twitter time stamps and whether they can be backdated or altered.

What tempted me to search about timestamps is the supposed finding in the Google cache concerning United Way having "foreknowledge" of the shooting because of some online sleuths claiming it was posted 12/11/2012, 3 days prior to the event. On not well versed on time stamps, so can you help me?

This is what I noticed on Dawn Hochsprungs Twitter page and noticed some tweets that alerted me. Why did they alert me? Because they are tweeted 45 minutes before police received the 911 call.

Your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

Explanation: S&F!

Maybe its using their local times and they are in the next state over?

Personal Disclosure: What time zone does twitter use?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thanks. I'm hoping I can figure it out. As far as I am aware the clocks on Facebook, Twitter and that sort of thing are always matching whatever timezone you're in, but I'm not sure.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Explanation: If you can tweet this thread ... it would directly show you!

You can quikly compare your PC clock time to the timestamped on the tweet!

Personal Disclosure: If you don't tweet then maybe ATS Super Moderator ADVISOR can help you as they recently became addicted to twitter ...

OMG... Twitter is sucking me in, how can I make it stop?! (by ADVISOR posted on 11-1-2013 @ 04:48 AM) [ATS]

I hope this helps!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Twitter does indeed go by timezones. So it could be a curation of tweets from someone in Central timezone (one hour behind Eastern).

My question is where did the image come from? I ask because the way it is displayed.

Honestly my first thought is this is a hoaxed image. They have been really churning them out over at 4chan.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I took a screen cap and put the arrows there. I should have provide the twitter page I was looking at...

Here you go. Twitter Page

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Well then that solves it.

When I look at that first tweet the time stamp is 11:56AM and I am in the Eastern timezone.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Teamwork is awesome! Thanks!

new topics
top topics

join