It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: ABC Holds New Terror Warning Video, to Air Thursday Night

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Hi,

This particular tape seems more like someone who supports Kerry's election to try to affect the election. Given that the guy is hooded, he talks with an American accent, and the CIA is wavering on authentication,
I think this is an American pretending to be an arab doing this.

There are fanatics on both sides of the political struggle and it is true that Al-Qaeda plans larger strikes than 9/11, but this tape kind of smells to me.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by managerie
Hi,

This particular tape seems more like someone who supports Kerry's election to try to affect the election.

Just a tad ccurious here....you wouldn't be a Bush supporter would you?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Having not seen this video, I still don't have any idea yet wether or not I consider it credible. I too am wavering between student art film and a serious message.

But one thing that rings somewhat true to me, was from Drudge's update, that the video had a banner announcing it as a production of the Sahab Production Committee. In the past this organization has produce similar videos from the likes of Zawahri, and by most are considered to be an actual group that DOES work for Al Qaida.

Even so, that doesn't mean that someone couldn't have stolen or recreated the titles.

Clear as mud right.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Hi,

This particular tape seems more like someone who supports Kerry's election to try to affect the election.

Just a tad ccurious here....you wouldn't be a Bush supporter would you?

Hi,

I am a Bush supporter, but I seem to be one of the few who can seperate my views on these sights from a more objective examination of the evidence. The guy talked about punishing America for electing Bush - why would a Bush-supporter say that. Only a Kerry supporter has motive to make such a statement (yes, I know not all Kerry supporters are fanatical and players of hoaxes).

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Hey I just thought of something, if the tape says "elected GW Bush" as in past tense, could the tape have been released earlier than it was intended? This is all very odd and strange, as this one was not sent to Al Jezzera.

OK Ed, Stop It your Scaring me now

I was going along on the same thought, but it mentions the 9-11 commission report among other things in the last couple of months. I also thought it could have been 6 months old, remember the guy who staged one in California? But because of the report mentioned, it had to have been more recent. I also thought of Al-Jazeera, considering this apparently came from Pakistan, or was delivered to. It most likely is nothing(I Hope) but to put fear into the minds of Americans during an Election, whoever is behind it is just an idiot. I hate the fact that FEAR is playing into an election.....SAD

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

America has brought this on itself for electing George Bush who has made war on Islam by destroying the Taliban and making war on Al Qaeda.

The quote says "electing" Bush. Since that hasn't happened yet in this election, aren't they refering to electing him in 2000?

Also...What do they mean mourn in silence? Did Americans mourn in silence after 9/11? No. America mourned very loudly and very publicly. I'm not sure its possible for it to mourn silently. Is it?

Rant #2: Mr Terrorist/Tape maker.....I didn't vote for Bush, hell I didn't vote!! So keep your bombs / whatever to yourself, and while your at it leave our kids out of this too!

Did I say bomb Iraq? No. Did anyone I know say kill AlQueda? No. So why pick on the average American? I know this may sound unpatriotic but truly the average American had nothing to do with a decision made in a private place behind closed doors. If you have a problem with the government take it up with them. And really if its just that your God is pissed off at my God....let them duke it out and leave people in peace.

[edit on 10/27/04 by HarmoniusOne]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Here is my opinion: Because this tape is/was made in Pakistan, or obtained from there, that it is connected to Al-Qaeda, as well as a production company etc., I can't help thinking that this is coming from the Intelligence Services--I.S.I in Pakistan as well as the C.I.A, both of which are most likely the same entity. Take a quote about the I.S.I, just for a little background for those who don't know, about what kind of organization the I.S.I really is:

The ISI has become a state within a state, answerable neither to the leadership of the army, nor to the President or the Prime Minister. The result is there has been no real supervision of the ISI, and corruption, narcotics, and big money have all come into play, further complicating the political scenario. Drug money is used by ISI to finance not only the Afghanistan war, but also the proxy war against India in Punjab and Kashmir.

That was taken from this website. Just replace ISI with CIA and it will describe them both perfectly. In pre-9/11, fact by Indian Intelligence said that Mohammed Atta was sponsored by ISI Chief. Not only that, the ISI Chief at the time was visiting some Intelligence Officials in the United States at about 9/11.

This new terror tape that is being witheld is a psychological operation for the American people. Not only that, it may just as well foreshadow what is brewing for the next operation by Al-Qaeda, an organizational front for the CIA/ISI/Mossad.

The guy speaking in the video probably doesn't really know who he's working for when he was trained in those Alqaeda camps.

Why are they holding the tape back? They should release it anyway. At least post it somewhere on the internet so that the internet community can verify for themselves what this tape is. They are probably holding it back because of the information it provides, too many clues which make paths into terroritories the CIA would not want us knowing about.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Hi,

This particular tape seems more like someone who supports Kerry's election to try to affect the election. Given that the guy is hooded, he talks with an American accent, and the CIA is wavering on authentication,
I think this is an American pretending to be an arab doing this.

There are fanatics on both sides of the political struggle and it is true that Al-Qaeda plans larger strikes than 9/11, but this tape kind of smells to me.
Bush's modus operendi

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   

ABC hired two linguists who concluded that English was not the speaker's native tongue. For example, he cited the country of Yemen as "the Yemen."

From the Drudge Report. www.washingtonpost.com...

ABCs "experts" seem to think its the other way around. Maybe someone pretending to be American. But then there is the whole "when in Rome" thing. Maybe its an American who picked up some of their speech habits.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Someone asked "why wouldnt ABC air the tape either way..(legit or not)
For a national broadcaster to air a threat like that, unless the authorities also concur that it is legitimate, is irresponsible...it would be no different than yelling FIRE in a dark and crowded movie theater...It could be construed as reckless endangerment because it could cause harm (people panicing and harming themselves or each other) You wouldnt want to air this if false, you think drumming up fake documents to bust Bush with is trouble? Cause some mass panic and see how much trouble you get into.

Lets ask why, legit or not, the tape says "this is because we elected Bush."

Hmm, well if it is legit, then OF COURSE the makers fear a Bush election...He actually DID something more than just lob a few cruise missiles and paper sanctions....this is not good if you are a terorist....
You blow up a US embassy, and then head to the hills away from the terror camp that you figure will recieve some cruise missiles...this is alot easier for you than committing the same act and then going out and finding US tanks and troops, confiscating weapons and checking ID's at the end of your street. So since Bush brought the fight to them, AND Kerry wants out of the "wrong war" then of course youd want to punnish the USA for electing Bush.

If its not legit,
Well for a psy-op it could be slanted to get either reaction...pro or anti bush. Either your so affraid of being attacked that you cave in to terrorist demands and oust Bush, OR your peeved off enough at being threatened that you elect him because that NOT what the terrorists want.
There is no way to tell if this is a psy-op or which way its slanted.

Also if this is not legit because its some prankster wacko....a broadcaster doesnt want to encourage this for copycat people to emulate. This is the main reason you RARELY hear about spectacular suicides, such as stepping in front of a train or into a highway....it would only encourage MORE derranged people to seek their 30 seconds of fame by threatening to step off a bridge over a main highway...grinding your commute home to a halt for hours as officials try to talk them down. Its FAR better for society to just let these wackos jump and then clean up the mess, than it would be to give them attention they desperatly seek while inconvieniancing everyone else. Trust me on this one, as a broadcaster i take at least a call a week from someone on the edge some where wanting a tv crew to show up and film their deaths....i tell them up front, dont wait for the crew, their not comming, click.

Now onto speculating what attack could rival 9-11,
think infrastructure here, something that affects many, but is concentrated enough to attack.
My guess is a coordinated attack on some petrol/chem plants near a large population, not to blow them up, (as the noxious stuff would burn away and be lifted up into the air) but to simply release these toxins into a cloud of creeping death like that that happened in Bhopal India when the dow chem factory accident occured and killed several thousand.
Simply take out a few of these around one city, and repeat this in several cities at the same time, and you could wipe out thousands and tie up resources very quickly...soundl like "winds of black death" if you did this at night....lots of people sleeping, unaware of toxic fumes seeping over/thru neighborhoods, until it was too late....plus then we'd be "silently" grieving as many of these victims wouldnt be apparent right away, just lists of missing people and quiet house to house searching for them, unlike fire trucks loudly racing to a burning/collapsng skyscraper....and thousands running and screaming away.

You coulddo this far cheaper than trying to build and sneak a nuke into a city...all youd need is a few guns to kill the guards quickly, a good respirator and rubber suit to keep you alive long enough to release enough toxins, and a couple of dozen fanatics to carry out the plan.

Much like 9-11 did, they will use our own tools against us.
But this is just my guess.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I am not sure how any one else feels about this but, I find it amazing that they
call Americans Cowards and everything else but Americans, yet they attack and then go hide. I know just as everyone else in the world that we here in America have our problems, but even when divided on political issues, racial issues, and so and so forth we all still look out for other Americans regardless of all other issues. Though I have never lived in the U.K. or Australia or China or Japan
or any other country I would like to think that every country in the world regardless of all other things would look out for and if necessary and possible protect there fellow countrymen.

geo

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   
There is a whole division of the CIA devoted entirely to shooting or creating video footage, and no I don't think it is all for training videos.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Druge says CIA and FBI have authenticated the tape!

ABCNEWS EXECUTIVES CONSIDER POLITICAL IMPLICATIONS OF AIRING DISTURBING TERROR TAPE DURING ELECTION WEEK... MORE...

CIA and FBI authenticates terror warning video!

Reuters Report

[edit on 28-10-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
With the tape now authenticated, I don't understand why ABC wouldn't air it. Being concerned about the perceived political bias is not what a news organization is supposed to do...they are supposed to report the news, good or bad.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
ABC is not going to air this tape until after the election because they are concerned with political implications. This is the biggest crock of crap I have ever heard only a couple of days after they said

ABCNEWS strongly denies holding the tape back from broadcast over political concerns during the last days of the election

The News media is nothing but the communication wing of the democratic party.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
There is something that has stuck in my head which I will not forget.
I have mentioned this before, but I find it very important, as they
stick hard to their words.
It was the message from Zawahiri, and when he talks, he means
business.

He stated it would be:
unlikely
unexpected
something not watched
not a landmark
more devastating than the WTC

now if we could only figure what could this be?

Got a link for that message? Would be interesting to see the exact wording.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Lots of details on the tape here

Doesn't look like it's a hoax now, but there are no specific threats, and it could be several months old.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
More updated information from Drudge

ABCNEWS submitted portions of the video threat to the FBI and CIA on Monday for analysis, top government sources tell DRUDGE, after obtaining the tape from a source in Pakistan.

A top goverment source said from Washington that ABC withheld the final 15 minutes of the tape from the CIA -- the portion of the tape where the man warns of retribution for Americans electing Bush and Cheney.

MORE

"You are guilty, guilty, guilty. You're as guilty as Bush and Cheney. You're as guilty as Rumsfeld and Ashcroft and Powell...," the man states.

He goes on to warn of an upcoming horror: "The streets will run with blood," and "America will mourn in silence" because they will be unable to count the number of the dead.

One ABC source, who demanded anonymity, said Thursday morning, the network was struggling to find a correct journalistic "balance" before airing any story on the video.

"This is not something you just throw out there while people are voting," the ABC source explained.

Developing...

I really don't know if this is refering to 2000 or if they are psychic and know the out come of 04. Either Way, es No Bueno.

BTW... Good Find Ranger

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature

I really don't know if this is refering to 2000 or if they are psychic and know the out come of 04. Either Way, es No Bueno.

Phreak, have a look at the article I linked to again:

"What took place on September 11th was but the opening salvo in the global war on America."

The next attacks, he adds, "could come at any moment."

"It probably was worked on for a period of time - probably done fairly recently, as recently as late summer."

The tape's speaker references the conflict in Darfur, the 9/11 commission, Massachusetts same sex legislation, and the upcoming US presidential election.

Probably a couple of months old.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
They will not release the tape because the tape has "triggers" that detail which operation is to be initiated. Imbedded code words have been used by ALQ to communicate to specific cells that are in operational mode that the time is clear to launch the attack.

They use our own media against us.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join