It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABCNEWS Holds Terror warning tape:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
In the last week before the election, ABCNEWS is holding on a videotaped message from a purported al Qaeda terrorist warning of a new attack on America

The terrorist claims on tape the next attack will dwarf 9/11. "The streets will run with blood," and "America will mourn in silence" because they will be unable to count the number of the dead. Further claims: America has brought this on itself for electing George Bush who has made war on Islam by destroying the Taliban and making war on Al Qaeda.

ABCNEWS strongly denies holding the tape back from broadcast over political concerns during the last days of the election.

The CIA is analyzing the tape, a top federal source tells the DRUDGE REPORT.

ABCNEWS obtained the tape from a source in Waziristan, Pakistan over the weekend, sources tells DRUDGE.

"We have been working 24 hours a day trying to authenticate [the tape]," a senior ABCNEWS source said Wednesday morning.

The terrorist's face is concealed by a head dress, and speaks in an American accent, making it difficult to identify the individual, but US intelligence officials believe that man may be Adam Gadhan - aka Adam Pearlman - a southern California native who was highlighted by the FBI in May as an individual most likely to be involved in or have knowledge of the next al Qaeda attacks.

According to the FBI, Gadahn, 25, attended al-Qaida training camps and served as an al-Qaida translator.

The disturbing tape runs an hour -- the man simply identifies himself as 'Assam the American.'

Pretty scary stuff, but, of course, its nothing new in my opinion.. Al Queda has been threatening crap like this since 9/11

Devoloping...

Sources:
Drudge Report
Adam Pearlman
More on Adam

[edit on 10/27/2004 by QuietSoul]

ATSNN Article

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well if the tape was premade, then this could be serious indeed, damn.

Everyone pray that this does not happen, and if it does, then we are all in for a very rough ride.......

God be with us and may God continue to bless the United States of America!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Spose I shoulda made this a news item.. sorry.. ATSNN intimidates me

Note:
Drudgereport.com just put this story up like 15mins ago and seems to be getting slammed.. I keep timing out trying to re-access the story..

**Oops, I hit Edit instead of Quote**
See My Post Below
Oh thats why it was locked *Bangs Head against Brick Wall*

Dont ever not submit something to ATSNN. The reason it exists is because of member support. All submissions are checked out and validated. If you need any help, feel free to u2u me at anytime.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
Spose I shoulda made this a news item.. sorry.. ATSNN intimidates me

don't let it... if you ask one of the reporters, they'll gladly help you out... this definitley is a news worthy story...

I just say, be as always be on the alert people... don't be affraid to report suspicious actions and persons...

God be with us all...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This really scares me - I live in New York City (always a great target) and this is the only item on Drudgereport at the moment - tells you how incredibly serious this is.

OK I am being Chicken Little.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well, I've felt for a long time that November 2 wont be about Election crisis' but rather another attack. I hope my 'hunch' proves wrong...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Based on the commentary I just heard on RUSH, this may be a final scare tactic by the Dem/ABC/Terrorist. Key phrase was "you elected GW Bush who makes war against Islam". Is this an attempt to keep GW from being elected saying if we do elect him they will "hit" us again?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Based on the commentary I just heard on RUSH, this may be a final scare tactic by the Dem/ABC/Terrorist.

More likely a 'reverse psychology' ploy from the Bush Administration.
I hope thats all it is, anyway.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This seems to be a pre-taped message for IF Bush is re-elected.

Is this an attempt to keep GW from being elected saying if we do elect him they will "hit" us again?

An attempt? I don't think anyone here can imagine the outrage in the middle east especially, if Dubya is re-elected. Right now, the arab world is primarily putting blame on the US government, not it's citizens. If those same citizens then re-elect Bush, then yes, the logical conclusion would be that that ire would then also be directed at the citizens of the US as well, and lead to increased attempts at attacks.

There have been attempts since 911. Miraculously, Homeland Security has intercepted these attempts so far. But I feel they will be simply overwhelmed with a Shrub re-election, and some will slip through the cracks. Hopefully, it won't be one of the biggies, but all it takes is a nutjob with a suitcase...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Right now, the arab world is primarily putting blame on the US government, not it's citizens. If those same citizens then re-elect Bush, then yes, the logical conclusion would be that that ire would then also be directed at the citizens of the US as well, and lead to increased attempts at attacks.

Well said, Gazrok

People in the US know more about Dubya and his policies now than they did in 2000. If they re-elect him, then they will have to take responsibility for anything that happens during the next four years.
Personally (and I don't say this lightly), I dread another four years with Dubya as 'Leader of the Free World' - because at the end of it, I doubt it will be 'Free' and there may not even be a 'World' left to speak of.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You are honestly foolish if you believe that Islamic nutjobs (fundamentalist is rather inappropriately given to them) don't wish to harm to American citizens. I can't for the life of me understand why people live in a fantasy world where it's only our government they hate....

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The data I have is that Nuke's are already in place in at least 7 major cities. Not just suitecase size either. Why they haven't gone off yet? Can't answer that. I was "in-country" back in the 70's, don't like Kerry too much. His biography is "scary".

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Just an update, there is now a 3:00 EST interagency deadline given to determine the authenticy of the tape.

Expect to hear more about this tape on the news later today.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by Raphael_UO]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You are honestly foolish if you believe that Islamic nutjobs (fundamentalist is rather inappropriately given to them) don't wish to harm to American citizens. I can't for the life of me understand why people live in a fantasy world where it's only our government they hate....

When did I say that? True, the nutjobs already hate us. However, the MAJORITY of the Arab world are not such fanatics. Before you lecture me on this, I've actually LIVED there for years, in Saudi, so no need to go there. My comment was more to emphasize that then these MODERATE Arabs will go from DISLIKE to outright HATRED of the US citizenry, and this will increase the roster of terrorist groups, as the moderate arabs become more militant ones.

They will see the re-election of Bush as an endorsement of his policies and warmongering, and no amount of spin will change this in the arab world.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

"We have been working 24 hours a day trying to authenticate [the tape]," a senior ABCNEWS source said Wednesday morning.

They said this this morning so they have had the tape since at least tuesday morning correct?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Originally posted by Gazrok
Right now, the arab world is primarily putting blame on the US government, not it's citizens. If those same citizens then re-elect Bush, then yes, the logical conclusion would be that that ire would then also be directed at the citizens of the US as well, and lead to increased attempts at attacks.

Well said, Gazrok

People in the US know more about Dubya and his policies now than they did in 2000. If they re-elect him, then they will have to take responsibility for anything that happens during the next four years.
Personally (and I don't say this lightly), I dread another four years with Dubya as 'Leader of the Free World' - because at the end of it, I doubt it will be 'Free' and there may not even be a 'World' left to speak of.

Pisky I dont mean this to be rude or anything but # OFF!!!!
Your telling me that I am suppose to be responsible for the attacks in the next 4 years because I do what is my right to do and vote for who I choose fit?? Your telling me if I vote for Bush, its my responisbility of the actions that may come about of such a move???

Seriously, if you don't like Bush I dont have a problem with that. Vote for who you choose, thats your right. But when you say that anyone who votes for Bush is responsible for anything that happens if he is elected, you are no better than the terrorists who want to kill us. I really wish people like you would get a clue.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

If they re-elect him, then they will have to take responsibility for anything that happens during the next four years.

I'd agree that to say this is a bit much....and is a little unfair to Bush supporters...the administration will bear the responsibility...the supporters will have to live with the results of that choice, but to call them "responsible" for it, is a bit of a stretch...

Still, so is telling someone to # off...
Let's watch our tempers all...

Locking this now, any further commentary should go on the ATSNN thread...

[edit on 27-10-2004 by Gazrok]

new topics

top topics

join