Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

White House's official reply to the Death Star petition

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Link

The Administration shares your desire for job creation and a strong national defense, but a Death Star isn't on the horizon. Here are a few reasons:

The construction of the Death Star has been estimated to cost more than $850,000,000,000,000,000.
We're working hard to reduce the deficit, not expand it.
The Administration does not support blowing up planets.
Why would we spend countless taxpayer dollars on a Death Star with a fundamental flaw that can be exploited by a one-man starship?

More at the link and I was actually quite amused by the response though I think it very unfortunate dumbasses are wasting tax dollars and time on little internet pranks in a bid for attention. I really like that we can get petitions going and receive a response but I'm tired of people (Alex 'Douchebag' Jones) making a mockery of it. Another cool thing I learned from this article is that you can set up email or text alerts to inform you when the space station is visible in your location. I've never actually looked for it, though I bet I've seen it what with my penchant for star gazing when I walk at night.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
This made me laugh. They actually estimated the cost?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AnnKoontz

I doubt it i bet they just thought of a rough amount, Although this is
Petitions these days...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

We're working hard to reduce the deficit, not expand it.

ORLY...

Is that someones idea of a sick joke?

This is what they REALLY meant to say: "We're working hard to build the "Debt Star"...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I say they are just covering their arse's. They have been creating the Death Star all along. They wont tell us. It's being built within the moon.

They are making sure they substitute the same mass content with the mass being excavated from within the moon. So as to not cause any sudden gravity anomalies. And when it is complete, They need only to shake off the remaining surface dust, and all will be revealed.

When my third cousin, twice removed, Andus Mcoatover, told me this. I was somewhat perplexed. He went into great detail about the construction, removal of debris, weight limitations, weaponry.

But I did put this question to him about the end product. If this death-star is being built within our own moon (for secrecy). And is being built with the destruction of other worlds in mind, surely once they move it to go on mission. The Earth would be in all kinds of trouble, you know gravity and such.

So good idea, poor implementation.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnnKoontz
This made me laugh. They actually estimated the cost?

Originally posted by FuriousKitty
reply to post by AnnKoontz

I doubt it i bet they just thought of a rough amount, Although this is
Petitions these days...

Actually, it was estimated before by someone else, and they just copied from that research. I forget who it was who came up with the figures, but it was in an article on io9 a couple months back.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonChild02

The economics geeks over at Centives did some calculations, and based on just the cost of the steel required to build a structure of that size, they figure it would cost $852,000,000,000,000,000. "Or roughly 13,000 times the world's GDP. But then again, you can just take out a loan from the entire planet and then default on them in the most awesome way possible."

Link

new topics

top topics

join