It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ATS view on Trap Music?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I was curious trap music born in New York! It's kinda like the new Dub-step, and as coming from the town where Dubstep originated i think it is pretty cool, A lot better that some dub-step especially stuff like Skrillex. Not saying he is bad (Look at his view!!!) but just not my sort of thing!

You Reckon it can be as big? Or even bigger?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
My interest is piqued. Link up some good trap music for us here. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ecapsretuo

Okay, well i don't want to like video in this page since I know some people computers cant handle lots of videos so i will post the links, in no specific order, so just rummage through them!

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Sounds like bad techno, I don't understand how it's a genre. How is it differentiated?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

HAHAHAHAHA yeah I see what you mean. It just a slower beat to techno. But high energy sounds, where as techno has kinda hypnotic sounds

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I enjoy the new electronic trap music, not so much plain trap. Its like really good southern hiphop without the horrible lyrics. Its the hiphop of electronica music.

There are like 25 min trap compilations on youtube that are really good. 'Best of trap music vol 1' (thru 7 I think)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
A woman in prison recommended I give trap music a go. I tried out a few sets on youtube, and concluded that it's best suited for low-iq degenerates who have very little self-awareness. The beats were just horrible, and the lyrics were not simply dirty, but as if begging to be kept in a state of oppression and ignorance.

She got out of prison, screwed up probation for her second time, and now is looking at hard time this go. I'll be staying away from trash, I mean trap music.
edit on 19-7-2014 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Trap seems to be a very vague genre. I keep seeing different things heing passed off as trap ranging from stuff that is more just bad raps while other has more similarities to fidget house or dubstep. Its perplexing. I enjoy listening to it when doing other things. Makes good for background sound but aweful to listen to with close attention since too dull.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: definity

Dubstep was actually born in London, in the early 2000's..an artist called El-b made the first (what we would call dubstep) song, with the 'wobs', since then it's home grown in London up until 2006/2008 until it became more and more mainstream, and then Skrillex took over and made it what it is today really. IMO I#m a fan of the older dubstep but I do like new stuff

As for trap, I do like it, I used to just listen to rap instrumentals which is pretty much trap. For me there's 2 types of trap, the rap instrumental and then the edm type, like flosstradamus etc. I like anything really as long as it's produced well

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I've never heard of it. And from the sounds of the comments here .... I'm glad I haven't.

join