It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone had success with natural vision improvement?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any of you have had any significant success with natural vision improvement, such as The Bates Method? I've had fairly bad eyesight all my life, around -7.0 diopters currently, and I became interested in natural vision improvement several years ago, but due to how bad my vision is, I could never go without using glasses for a long enough time to really give the method a chance to work. I can't even use the computer without glasses or contacts.

When I was doing it, I did notice some pretty significant and amazing changes in my 3D perception by paying attention to oppositional movement and by utilizing several other methods. That was quite profound, as it's one of those things you really don't realize you've lost until it suddenly returns. I also managed to be able to kind of "squeeze" my extraocular muscles in a particular way that would make things sharper, but I don't think this was actually a beneficial change or representative of the correct type of progress that one should actually expect.

Although I've heard of friends of friends who have gone from wearing coke bottle glasses to having normal vision through the Bates method, and although there are many anecdotal examples in the various reference books, I've never encountered anyone directly who has claimed to have had tried it.

Has anyone had direct experience with this, and if so, how much did your eyes improve, and about how long did it take?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I might not be much help since I haven't had much success.

When I first learned I needed glasses (nearsighted, spent 12 hours on computer at work). I attempted to retrain my eyes by not wearing glasses and eating lots of carrots and blueberries. My eyes improved, but I still needed glasses.

Over time work and life got in the way and I started wearing glasses while working on the computer and I ate not as healthy.

Eyesight did not improve.

I looked into the bates method and I didn't stay with it.

Today my eyesight is still very poor, though I don't do as much computer work. I do eat healthier, but I'm not (and I should be) strengthening my eyes. I don't wear my glasses on the computer, at home, or while reading and I did have pinhole glasses to watch tv. They broke so I don't wear them anymore.

My results. My eyes have only improved slightly but not as good as when I first tried to fix them. The pinhole glasses helped tremendously (I should get more) and I think my biggest problem right now is doing too much close work.

I think if I would've stayed with it, my eyesight might've improved to the point where I would only need glasses driving at night.

Like my body, my eyes are getting out of shape. I know it's due to laziness and not wanting to be inconvenienced.

I think I will go back to strengthening my eyes and let everyone know if I improve.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by collietta

I actually have a pair of pinhole glasses as well, and I do rather enjoy using them when I go for walks and do things where I don't have to read, but even with those, I wouldn't be able to read the computer screen. I'm thinking of getting a much weaker prescription that would just allow me to read the computer screen and seeing if I can make any progress from there.

Some of the things I thought was really interesting about the Bates method and other vision improvement methods are the more subtle effects that aren't directly related to acuity. I noticed, for example, that when playing guitar or piano without my glasses or contact lenses and focusing on things like oppositional movement and directing my attention to smaller areas that I feel more "connected" to the instrument. It's rather hard to describe, but it's as if the guitar becomes more real, and my accuracy and comfort does improve noticeably. It's almost as if when I'm wearing glasses or contacts, the instrument is more like a two dimensional image that I feel disconnected from, but without them, it feels more like a three dimensional object. (This sounds strange, but I think that anyone else who has worked on restoring the three dimensional aspect of vision would understand.)

There is also a lesser degree of overall tension in my head and body, which I'm sure is a contributing factor. This is one of the reasons that I'd really like to be able to restore some acuity, because I have noticed very tangible benefits in other areas when my eyes are naked.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nanocyte

My eye sight has improved over the last 17 months.
So, what have I done? Let me tell you...

17 months ago, I stopped eating meat, eggs, cheese and milk. I basically turned my diet into a vegan vegetarian diet.

Apart from the fact that I feel healthier, and lost some weight, the biggest improvement that I have noticed, is with my eye sight. The world around me is more vivid, and colours are more bright, and everything is more focused and sharp.

Luckily, I have never really had bad eye sight, but I work on computer screens all day long, for many years now, so at my age you would expect some deteriorated eye sight already. But my eyes are still good, while my colleagues need glasses.

I have heard somewhere that the protein in dairy products like milk and cheese, are bad for your eyes, and can cause cataracts.

Anyway, I can only tell you from observations from my own experience.

Regards
QMask

join