It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jackie Chan's Anti-Americanism: "America is the most corrupt country in the world!"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Americas goverment and all big bussnes are totaly corrupt.
the news to. only sheep dont see it.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

Since that's how Jackie Chan feels, why doesn't he get out of the USA and stay out!

So the USA isn't corrupt?

i always like people from other countries, who make money off of america turn around and start bad mouthing it.
china makes hundreds of billions off of westerners by allowing their own people to work for slave wages or are prisoners working for free, and then turn around and tell westerners how corrupt they are. in the middle east, you have people that only got rich because of black energy under their feet, all the while treating their people like they still live in the 7th century, telling westerners how corrupt they are. russia and the baltic states have absolutely no room to talk about corruption.
are there corrupt parts of america, of course, i'm not naive...but, to make a blanket statement about all of america is simply ignorant.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ragsntatters

Only your best friends tell you when your face is dirty. Sort it out Amurrca, demand better. You were once the beacon of hope for the world but the corrupt people in positions of power are running it and YOU into the ground.

Isn't that so true. We in America live in a bubble. Our media is being controlled by the powers that be. We were sold a bill of goods with the war in Iraq. Our elected officials have been bought by lobbying groups and corporations. The majority of Americans know only what they experience within their borders. Most Americans respect their country and perceive it as having very high moral values. When people who always looked up to America are now telling us we have lost our way, we Americans go into denial.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
jackie chan , if you have forgotten, was warned of the 9/11 attacks and called off his movie shoot that was on top of the world trade center buildings that day.

he may have a little insider information to back up his claims!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'd personally put Russia and China at the top of the list as well.

The word "Government" is synonymous with the word "Corruption"

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

Got any links to prove that?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
We need more public people calling out the current regime. Our government has been corrupted by a sinister infestation of fascism and organized crime.

If we aren't careful, we will be living in Orwell's 1984 before too long. As it is, the only benefit we have is the false protection of the Constitution that we pretend to enjoy. Our government is torn between creating the false impression of freedom, and its true desires to shatter the 2nd and 4th amendments.

It's as if the Supreme Court is being rennovated, and the Constitution has been suspended since 9/11.

Too bad nobody cares.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by AdamOver

I think it's time more people come to realise that these are not OUR countries anymore. And have not been for many years. They belong to the politicians / (w)bankers / and everyone else who is not us.

The USA has been the bankers country since its inception.

The Whiskey Rebellion, or Whiskey Insurrection, was a tax protest in the United States beginning in 1791, during the presidency of George Washington. Farmers who used their leftover grain and corn in the form of whiskey as a medium of exchange were forced to pay a new tax. The tax was a part of treasury secretary Alexander Hamilton's program to increase central government power, in particular to fund his policy of assuming the war debt of those states which had failed to pay. The farmers who resisted, many war veterans, were fighting for the principles of the American Revolution, in particular against taxation without local representation.

en.wikipedia.org...

As Secretary of the Treasury, Hamilton was the primary author of the economic policies of the George Washington administration, especially the funding of the state debts by the Federal government, the establishment of a national bank, a system of tariffs, and friendly trade relations with Britain.

en.wikipedia.org...

First Bank of the United States

The First Bank of the United States was a central bank, chartered for a term of twenty years, by the United States Congress on February 25, 1791. Establishment of the Bank was included in a three-part expansion of federal fiscal and monetary power (along with a federal mint and excise taxes) championed by Alexander Hamilton, first Secretary of the Treasury. Hamilton believed a central bank was necessary to stabilize and improve the nation's credit, and to improve handling of the financial business of the United States government under the newly enacted Constitution.

en.wikipedia.org...

The "founding fathers" set up the first federal reserve after-all...

edit on 12-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

This isn't the whole story though. You forgot to mention that when Thomas Jefferson took office he refused to renew the 1st BUS' charter. Then when the 2nd BUS was around Andrew Jackson dismantled it (going through 3 secretaries of treasury in the process) before the charter expired in the mid 1820's. We didn't have another national bank until almost a century later. So while it could be argued that corruption existed from the getgo, we also had true Americans who recognized it and acted accordingly to snuff it out. The 2nd BUS was known to be wildly corrupt. Unfortunately not only is the corruption rampant, but the system has evolved so that the corrupt people can recognize and marginalize the people lile TJ and AJ.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Yeah if you don't agree with my views get out of my country, that's very democratic, you show 'em

Try, if you don't agree with his views don't watch his movies?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Corrupt or NOT, that can only be determined by independent monitors.

So far, NGOs had proven themselves worthy of trust, as much of biz transactions are opened books, espacially in the west but I cant say the same for China and the east.

How much trade, ships, goods crafts, national expenditures, inflation, purchasing indexes, etc, cannot be hidden, and it is from there that the independent NGOs track, analyze and post data from.

And nowhere at the top of corruptions stands USA, although China, who is not the top corrupted nation listed, the cries from the citizen and the obvious obscene amount of wealth flowing out from China cannot be denied.

ATS motto is to deny ignorances.

We all can easily rant and rave, but at the end of the day, truth must prevail. ATS was not founded to spew propaganda although anti american and other anti groups had taken advantage of the US 1st amendment won by founding americans for mankind, to spout their ignorances or just plain wilful propaganda.

That liar Jackie made much of his fortune from the 1.3 billion slaves of China. He knew which side of his bread was and will be buttered.

To those religious faithful here whom seeks to understand, our Messiah, a divine teacher, was betrayed with just a few silver coins by a greedy human. How much more would that hypocrite jackie be tempted by the riches and more importantly at his senile age - power - that corrupted China's CCP can offer, to the tune of billions and an opportunity to rule the world?

jackie had proven time and time again in HK he had been willing to sacrifice others for his personal gain. It will be of no surprise that he will kneel and grovel before Satan, even sacrifice the precious human lives to Molech/Satan, if need be, as proven by his lying diatribe against USA.

Fortunately, since civilisation began, many more humans had not succumbed to such temptations. Empires such as corrupted China will never last, but egalitarian human will and provened, as evident by our existance today.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

dude, the attempts at flowery language dont help the arguement nor do the religious elements.. JC may have made alot of money from films via a US audience but he was already a mega rich star in the rest of the world a long time before that.
he may also be a self serving money grabbing self promoter, as a movie star this is kind of a given and that makes him part of a large club that the US is a world leader in.
now all this could very well qualify him as a hypocrite, but it's hard to deny that, given the wealth of info on this forum alone, the USA is a jolly corrupt nation from the POV of it being run by a cabal of military industrialists who are shaping the world to give them even more power, wealth and control at the expense of everyone else - and this includes the uk and much of the west's power brokers and bankers as part of the cartel, as well as oppressing and exploiting the US citizenry too - sadly it will only get worse.
he still aint wrong tho.. and people getting their knickers in a twist due to patriotism are kinda missing the point IMO..
peace

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChicagOpinion
www.examiner.com...

Since that's how Jackie Chan feels, why doesn't he get out of the USA and stay out!

www.examiner.com...

Wull ain't that thur just the patriotic Amurican truth on an 18-hwayler?

C'mon now and chant with me-- Death to fowrenners! Crahbabies go home!

The man what chants it the loudest gets a Budwhiser and a pack'a Marbros!

Originally posted by ragsntatters
Only your best friends tell you when your face is dirty. Sort it out Amurrca, demand better. You were once the beacon of hope for the world but the corrupt people in positions of power are running it and YOU into the ground.

By corruption he doesn't mean the traffic cop taking bribes but rather the influence of lobby groups and the military machine and the pharmaceutical machine running the country into the ground.

^^^^ The sad truth.

---Signed, A native-born American, protected by the first amendment

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
So is what the ingrate son of a b*tch said true? Nope. He had insulted USA but hurt his own credibility more.

3. So why did he lied?

Having an opinion which is wrong is not the same thing as lying-- but nice attempt to discredit him. And if you look around you, really look even here at ATS you will see that many native-born Americans agree that this country is corrupt.

Did we all lied too?

Or maybe it's you that should take a second look at your own opinion, and whether it might be biased out of love or a sense of duty toward your home?

The more americans that bury their heads in the sand and try to pretend there is no corruption, and try to defend the poorly made point, and argue against those who disagree, the less gets done, and the easier it is for others to make the claim.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChicagOpinion
www.examiner.com...

www.examiner.com...

Ummm... are you serious? All countries and their Gov't are extremely corrupt, AMERICA most definitely INCLUDED.

Go Jackie Chan! He be right!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

By your belief system, you claim USA is the most corrupted nation, then would you like to back up the claims with facts and figures?

Otherwise, you will only be sadly seen as a troll, an anti-americanism, an american hater who will grab any straws, even lies to justify such hatreds.

It is often easy to rant and rave, but here on ATS, it is to deny ignorances.

You are free to speak up, but rationally and if possible, show evidences or at the least logic. But in the case of this thread, where information is readily avaliable from independent NGOS, not th media or from the state, had you proven that hypocrite and liar Jackie honest or even credible? None.

No human will deny that USA is without corruption, or any state is. But is nowhere at the top as this thread had tried to emphasize. This is not about patriotism, but only truths. I know how you feel, with your many greviances against USA but is totally unrelated to the topic of this thread - the words of the liar jackie.

One issue at a time. Truth must prevail, if we are to solve anything. Jackie is a worthless idiot and not worth the bandwidth here at all.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Sadly as an American born, I have to agree with that assessment and have not problem pointing out the facts everywhere I go and here in ATS.

Yes America is run by a corrupted corporate dictatorship where they use the politicians as their whores

Darn corporate pimps.

How about that.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
People who demand other people to leave the country because they're criticizing it, are weak, and only expose their ignorance to the process of change, in my view.

Also they are against the 1st Amendment to free speech which this entire system is founded upon.

The 1st Amendment protects the right to criticize.
You cannot be deported for it, no matter how outrageous or taboo it is.

I will defend him even if I disagree 100%, but I couldn't find a vid or transcript to view.
So maybe hes on the $, maybe he is way off.

Doesnt matter if hes wrong or right though, because its our right to be wrong.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
There's anti-Americanism and then there's truth, I don't know if it's the MOST corrupt but it could possibly be so. He has the same right to live where he wants and say what he wants as you do. Americans are always going on about their "freedom" yet when someone criticises (and usually it's justified) the country that changes, doesn't it?

Something I have always found funny about my fellow American is that in one breath we will complain about our government and how broken it is and how they don't care about the people and then in the next breath we condemn people from other countries for doing the same....

It's hypocritical on our part. Some how we take it as a personal attack and it's not. I am a big fan of truth and the truth is not always pretty. But you know what? I would rather hear an ugly truth than a beautiful lie.

Our country...More specifically our countries government is corrupt. Are we the most corrupt in the world? I don't know. I would say we are pretty high up there on the list, for sure.

For the OP to tell Jackie Chan to get out....It's just... It certainly is not hurting his point of view. If it is not corrupt, is there nothing to offer that suggests it is not? Well...If there is nothing to offer...Then perhaps it is corrupt...

It is not a personal attack to say that America is corrupt. It's simply truth. Every country has corruption and to deny that is to hide ones head in the sand. Is our government corrupt? Absolutely. Telling those who point it out to go home solves nothing.

If a person is so offended by hearing that America is corrupt... How about going about looking into the corruption and working to end it, rather than burying ones head and just telling the truth speaker to go away.

This is me denying ignorance....America is corrupt

Popular or not, that is where I stand.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

i did not say it is the most corrupt, please read my post again for clarity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The fella has a point but the whole world is corrupt, come on people we read about corruption ever day..everyone has his/her price you may deny it but it is human nature.
But to the people berating JC for an opinion....pfft.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
corruption is everywhere

the main variable is main stream media coverage

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join