It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jackie Chan's Anti-Americanism: "America is the most corrupt country in the world!"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
He's just mad because his singing career didn't take off here as it did in his homeland China and that we only like him when he's with Chris Tucker

edit on 12-1-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I have been saying so for some time. Corruption is a mild term to describe what I suspect they are doing and what I know they've done.
The people are just now learning how far back it has been this way too.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Unless i am mistaken isn't coming to America and becoming vastly wealthy while enjoying the freedom of speech and living the life of a famous movie star the "American Dream."?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Unless i am mistaken isn't coming to America and becoming vastly wealthy while enjoying the freedom of speech and living the life of a famous movie star the "American Dream."?

He could do that in many countries, and he's earned a lot of money without America, what's your point? He's earned money from the US and therefore can't criticize it?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Gee, yet another American getting all sensitive and wanting people to leave their country for simply having an opinion as is allowed in their precious Constitution....

...didn't see that one coming at all....nope....

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I think it's time more people come to realise that these are not OUR countries anymore. And have not been for many years. They belong to the politicians / (w)bankers / and everyone else who is not us.

It always strikes me funny when someone says this is our country, if you don't like it leave.

I think it's time some members realise that an outsider looking in often can see what an insider looking out cannot.

I'm from the Uk, we have 'foreigners' spouting all kinds of rhetoric here. But I have never once thought, gee, these punks are calling our politicians / bankers / lawmakers corrupt. We should deport them.

I agree with an earlier poster. America was about the only country I was looking forward to visiting (twenty years ago). The people seemed less divided. It truly was a wonderful place.

Now ? I don't think so. The things you have allowed to happen to 'your' country, with health, travel, war, natural disasters, it has truly relinquished it's title of land of the free / home of the brave.

I say, don't call for his deportation or criticize his opinion. These are the types of knowledgeable (about the corruption) people we really need in office.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamOver

I think it's time more people come to realise that these are not OUR countries anymore. And have not been for many years. They belong to the politicians / (w)bankers / and everyone else who is not us.

The USA has been the bankers country since its inception.

The Whiskey Rebellion, or Whiskey Insurrection, was a tax protest in the United States beginning in 1791, during the presidency of George Washington. Farmers who used their leftover grain and corn in the form of whiskey as a medium of exchange were forced to pay a new tax. The tax was a part of treasury secretary Alexander Hamilton's program to increase central government power, in particular to fund his policy of assuming the war debt of those states which had failed to pay. The farmers who resisted, many war veterans, were fighting for the principles of the American Revolution, in particular against taxation without local representation.

en.wikipedia.org...

As Secretary of the Treasury, Hamilton was the primary author of the economic policies of the George Washington administration, especially the funding of the state debts by the Federal government, the establishment of a national bank, a system of tariffs, and friendly trade relations with Britain.

en.wikipedia.org...

First Bank of the United States

The First Bank of the United States was a central bank, chartered for a term of twenty years, by the United States Congress on February 25, 1791. Establishment of the Bank was included in a three-part expansion of federal fiscal and monetary power (along with a federal mint and excise taxes) championed by Alexander Hamilton, first Secretary of the Treasury. Hamilton believed a central bank was necessary to stabilize and improve the nation's credit, and to improve handling of the financial business of the United States government under the newly enacted Constitution.

en.wikipedia.org...

The "founding fathers" set up the first federal reserve after-all...

edit on 12-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
So OP anyone who says something bad about the USA can get the hell out? Wow you have fallen for all the BS they have fed you.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Since what he actually said isn't in the article, and neither is the question that prompted the answer, its impossible to judge whether its reasonable or not.

The USA has a political system thats corrupt by design. There is a whole industry built around political bribery (it called lobbying to confuse the brainless). The corruption is undeniable. Its a wonder to behold that elected officials openly trade their favours for cash while still in office.

It probably depends whether you measure it in number of individual layers of corrupting transactions everyday (Somalia probably wins) or the amount of financial/political influence traded in an openly corrupt way (China/Russia/USA).

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Because of China's decades of corruption?

Jackie isn't from China, he's from HK, which until '97 was under British rule. The Brits made a strong effort to weed out corruption in the 60's and 70's. Methinks most people have little to any understanding of people they criticize...
edit on 12-1-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

So we are not the most corrupt. We send food to Africa to bribe the inhabitants to let us put up gold mines, we invaded Iraq and popped up gold mines. We rape pillage and plunder... But yeah we are like the best country ever.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I'm so sick of the label Anti-American. It gets thrown around more than the "race card" label did while Obama was campaigning.
Americans have their view of the world, and judge the world accordingly.
So does the rest of the world.
Opinions are still allowed right?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Yes, but more people are seeing it for what it truly is nowadays. The American Myth.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
you could always take the alex jones approach and challenge him to a fist fight - go on, i dare you

and ofc he's at least darn close to the truth

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Every human on Earth has an universal right to the 1st amendmend, casted in stone by the blood of founding americans. Jackie chan, like any other human on Earth, is free to shoot off his mouth as he pleases, as is an universal right won and upheld by americans today.

The issues why that crank jackie, like most other crank's motor mouth comments, riled americans, are because:-

1. That crank was amongst the very few asians besides the great Bruce Lee, to get a crack into Hollywood, and accepted by american audiences. This short assed creep is not as fantastic a martial artiste like the great Bruce, nor even a good actor.

But he was warmly welcomed and rewarded at the box office by americans, who have big hearts, and expected nothing in return for the hospitality offered. Like most humans that had offered hospitality, from nations to the humble starving normadic family, in the least, some gratitude be shown.

All USA got today for their warmness to the short assed creep is a slap in the face today. It is bast^rds like him that caused americans to lose trust in non-americans and hurt immigration.

As the saying goes, an immigrant into USA can become an american, but an immigrant into UK can never be called an Englishman, or a western immigrant in China affectionately known as a chinese people.

2. NO human will deny the truth eventually, no matter how painful it is. But fact is - is USA the most corrupt country today?

Fortunately, there are impartial NGOs that monitors the corruption indexes of every nation on Earth and rank them accordingly. No where is USA no 1 in corruption, as that crank had alleged.

So is what the ingrate son of a b*tch said true? Nope. He had insulted USA but hurt his own credibility more.

3. So why did he lied?

We would need to know him intimately. He had been a top actor for decades in HK, and his fortune stands today around $2 billion. This hypocrite has a 'big brother' complex and utterly delusively believes himself capable as a leader

He has fame and fortune. At his senile age, he desires for a post within the powerful China CCP central committee, and by his support for China, even slaming the HK democracy movement, he thinks he may gets a seat there and even become the ruler of HK, if not China itself, one day.

Had he hurt USA?
None at all. No one cares about this short assed creep. He is a self serving rich hypocrite and liar. He aint worth the time, just like most anti-american idiots who loves to take pot shots at americans, even here. Words do not kill. But if he or his kind ever hurts or harm an innocent american, their lives will be forfeit for sure.
edit on 12-1-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

there is a whole heap of bilge in what you posted, sadly i dont have time to pick through it so i'll deal with what stuck out most for me..

firstly, you can come as an immigrant to england or the uk and become totally naturalised and accepted as a native, so drop that BS.

secondly, the patriotic nonsense of america having a big heart may not be accepted by all americans, let alone people abroad who are being occupied, killed by drones, having their economies and goverments manipulated etc etc.

so much dross, so little time!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Doesn't it seem odd to you that you would support that hyppocrite and liar's right to the 1st amendment,but yet you sought to cast aspersions on mine to speak freely, with at least far more truth, logic and reason?

Had anti-americanism and hatred of americans clouded your rationality so much that you cannot even see the plank in your own eye?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well we ggot to have a fight scene agaist chinese (with an american hero) to settle this mess! I pick this one . Its good.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Typical hypocritical ATS. Come on here and rant and rave about the US government, and how your freedom of speech is protected, but someone else does it and you get your panties in a wad.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by skalla

Doesn't it seem odd to you that you would support that hyppocrite and liar's right to the 1st amendment,but yet you sought to cast aspersions on mine to speak freely, with at least far more truth, logic and reason?

Had anti-americanism and hatred of americans clouded your rationality so much that you cannot even see the plank in your own eye?

where did i imply you could not speak? i merely criticed the content of your post

maybe you should remove that plank from your eye, it seems to be having a negative impact on your reading

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join