It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We've done it, we found intelligent life on another planet... (hypothetical story)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
[Start hypothetical story]
Scientists have been watching an alien race on a planet orbiting a nearby star. We have the ability to travel to them at near light speed and would only take a couple years but decide to watch them some more first.

After further examination of these humanoid aliens, we see that they just constantly kill each other, steal from each other, lie to each other, cheat on their alien wives and rape alien children. They value possessions and wealth more than the lives of fellow aliens. They look for any opportunity to lift their own status and mood at the expense of whatever other aliens they can.
[/End hypothetical story]

Why the heck would we even want to interact with them???
edit on 12-1-2013 by iSHRED because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/1/13 by JAK because: Title correction T&C's 15). Posting.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Thank God, because lately we have managed to lose all intelligent life here on Earth!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
If we could communicate with them?
Ask them if there is a God you answer to.

link   
No need to visit.
Just get their formula for bloodwine.

link   
You know why they haven't completely destroyed us? Because for every evil being on earth this is also a good person out there. Who knows how long that will last for right?
edit on 12-1-2013 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

If they'd actually found an alien planet like that we would be on the first starship that way, big profit to be made!!

Peace

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
You know why they haven't completely destroyed us? Because for every evil being on earth this is also a good person out there. Who knows how long that will last for right?
edit on 12-1-2013 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

Good people still do bad things. Good people are still selfish in certain areas of their life. Good people still allow pride to control their life...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Damn...sounds like we got lost in space, and doubled back to Earth in our travels....

S&F for interesting topic....

Des

edit on 12-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
since some of you didn't seem to get it, i was describing earth and saying that no "intelligent" life would want anything to do with us.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Because they're tasty ;0)
understand what you're saying but there is a little more to us than war and greed . granted not a lot more but i would hope nobody would judge a whole worldwide species just because they have greedy corrupt governments enslaving them and dragging them into constant wars. remember when a country goes to war its usually after half of the country has openly protested against it. when people get robbed or murdered we fight for justice and try to find ways to prevent it in the future. if you can see the wars and cruelty on a planet hopefully you can see how many oppose it. ;0)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

I got it. I posted we ended back on Earth in your hypothetical story....

Des

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

And to think, that's probably just what their priests, preachers and gurus get up to ...

I'd hate to see their politicians.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Boy, if NASA just did what you just did, we'ed be pissed off! But, like you said human's are bad, we can't trust nothing!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I guess if they just looked at all the bad on this planet they would think such a thing. Unless they started looking for the good and then imo they would see the is a far bigger number of people on this planet that wants to do good then bad.
Im pretty sure im not the only person on this planet that values life over money..

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Aliens: "So we'll only abduct the good ones, to experiment to try and find the reason as to why they aren't like the rest of the evil greedy civilization"

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Death and deception have been part of the jungle rules for millions of years, I am sure we would fit in just fine. Better than finding some peaceful planet, go there making a mess of it.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
Aliens: "So we'll only abduct the good ones, to experiment to try and find the reason as to why they aren't like the rest of the evil greedy civilization"

They can abduct me all they want to get me off this rock lulz xD

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Because we wear brought into this world... We only have control to a certain extent.
Most of us are brain washed and manipulated. We dont know any thing else, most people just blindingly expect it and think their is no control over it BUT their is they just need to be told that its up to each individual to make this place better. Our emotions are VERY strong and we act on them.

BUT Who is to say a alien race would care about all those things. Maybe they dont even really see them as bad. Maybe "good" and "bad" are non existent in their society. Maybe they just do as they please because they believe that's true freedom. Who knows, their are trillions of galaxy's and much more solar systems witch means their has to be a whole lot of different life forms with different emotions, society's witch seem well, ALIEN to us.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Yes, easy read, I got it also, but as in all worlds, unless children are taught to understand the long term implications of the evils of nature, this will always be the outcome. This process starts and is maintained at a given point and is improved upon for the end result to evolve as a species, these advanced beings have understood this for a very long time, and know how to educate this to any analitical mind, first you must get their complete attention.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

They have no intention of interacting - they just watch these barbaric aliens as they gradually change from animal behaviour into fully fledged human beings - they know that it takes millions of years just as their planet did once.

They bring their children so they can learn of their own history!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join