It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official list of things that are harmful that should or could be banned.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Mods, place away, thanks.

So since we are banning things these days and everyone likes to make analogies Here is my list of some things that are harmful that could be or should be banned. Im not saying that I want them banned but since we need help protecting ourselves ie: seatbelts. Feel free to use sarcastic reasoning for your ban.Or be serious.Trolls disappear.

1- CARS THAT GO OVER 80 MPH , The speed limit in some of Utah is 80 and the highest I know of, why does anyone need a car that goes faster. Sir Im just curious as to why you own a car that goes so fast, Im sorry officer I shouldnt have done it.

2-BARS/ALCOHOL, driving drunk is illegal , HELLO? There is always a fight or stabbing due to alcohol then someone leaves and gets a DUI or in a wreck. That activity should be banned.

3- SWIMMING IN THE OCEAN- there are sharks, so surfing and swimming, diving and snorkeling has to go, we could get hurt.

4-ALL WEAPONS OF ANYKIND: including knives.swords including "sword fighting" ,pepper spray,bow and arrows, carrying rocks,sling shots ,cars in general, walking canes and crutches.

5-BASEBALL,HOCKEY,GOLF, they use bats and clubs that could be used as a weapon and those sports are dangerous, you could be hit bye a golf ball.

6-HARLEY DAVIDSON MOTORCYCLES, this one im serious about, those things are loud, annoying and bothersome. What kind of arrogant useless POS bothers everyone around them. But then again ALL motorcycles are dangerous so they all need to go. That includes 4 wheelers, and mopeds.Jet skis gotta go, they pollute the ocean and boats as well.

7- FAST FOOD, self explanatory

8-VIDEO GAMES, bad for kids, makes them fat and shoot up their school.

9-RELIGIONS,again this is self explanatory to any sensible human.

10- CAGED ANIMALS, gotta stop putting birds and animals in cages except to save an injured one until its healthy to be free, nothing wants to be locked up.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

People

People are the most harmful thing to other people, and for that they should be banned.

Also, rap music. That should be banned, too.

But really, let's just go right to the source. People need to GO!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
One thing i always wondered. If drinking and driving is illegal why do bars have parking lots?

so i would ban parking lots at bars

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

How about adding to the list anything that keeps us alive like...
Fire- kills people all the time
Water-kids drown in it
All food-allergic reactions and choking

Really the list is endless...and pointless to argue about. The world is going crazy and, maybe we should get used to it.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I notice that all the things on your list have a purpose other than killing people.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Well, don't forget the horror of horrors and outright bringer of carnage to the family picnics of the time...

No list of banned things is complete without it and no number of right thinking citizens can seem to overturn the prohibition! (Okay, maybe it's a movement of one, but I thought they were pretty cool.
)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980

People

People are the most harmful thing to other people, and for that they should be banned.

But I like people!

*Puts on support group name badge*

Hi, I'm Pinke, and I'm a people addict. I've been addicted to people for over 10 years. I first started my addiction to people when someone offer me one in a bar. I thought just one couldn't get me addicted, so why not? Now, ten years later ... etc ...

Honestly, am not a fan of banning everything. I think the education children are provided with in schools to deal with difference is a bit weak, and the anti drug / drink stuff is patronizing. First time I drank alcohol and didn't immediately wake up pregnant, bleeding, wrapped around a tree in a speedster sports car covered in duct tape ... I stopped trusting all the scary advertising.

That's when my addiction to people really started.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
You can just add being born, that is enough to be certain that you will die and covers all the hows.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

I thought I smelled a troll wander these parts.... keep a look out.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well, don't forget the horror of horrors and outright bringer of carnage to the family picnics of the time...

No list of banned things is complete without it and no number of right thinking citizens can seem to overturn the prohibition! (Okay, maybe it's a movement of one, but I thought they were pretty cool.
)

I loved my lawn darts. Could hit that circle from nearly 100 feet away overtime!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by conveyor1138
reply to post by SpearMint

I thought I smelled a troll wander these parts.... keep a look out.

I'm aware that the whole thread is intended to troll.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Running with scissors and a bb gun.
They both can kill.

Also water and a hair dryer.
Shocking!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Ban idiotic people.

They're behind the world's problems.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Tonight, at work, another server says to the boss, "Can we put a sign up and ban perfume? (gag gag) I'm so tired of it, it makes me sick!!"

So I follow with "Oh goodie, can we hang one right next to it that bans stupid questions?
"

Turns out, she was serious

I'd like to ban stupid questions

I gave you a star and a flag because I'm realllly feeling sarcasnasttic tonight so thanks.
edit on 12-1-2013 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I'm not for banning much at all because I don't think it is the role of government at any level to impose more restrictions upon us. If it doesn't hurt others, go for it. The Darwin Awards will come into effect and take care of things that negatively affect the individual.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

I like em some days, other days I don't.

I think we should just ban Justin Biber and that would solve a lot of problems.
edit on 12-1-2013 by antonia because: opps

new topics

top topics

join