Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

A peeve about search engine results.

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Every once in a while I'll put in a search phrase that I particularly want some good, relevant results from. What I get back, however, are pages and pages of song results, in which my search phrase is one of the lyrics.

I hate that so much! Cancelling out the word "lyrics" with a minus sign helps a little, but it doesn't solve the problem. I've searched extensively about it online, and all I came up with were pleas for advice on how to obtain lyrics or a song title. As if it wasn't already insanely easy to do, as I myself can attest. I can't help but shake my head and think, 'You can HAVE those continuous avalanches of lyric sites I get, kid. They'll more than satisfy your music-loving needs!"

I also feel a twinge of annoyance at songwriters for using lame search engine word strings in their lyrics. Gain a bit more creative classiness and leave my innocent research in peace!

edit on 11-1-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
remember about 10 15 years ago when you wanted information you had to go to a library and look through multiple books to find it.

Life has become so much similar in those aspects yet we still find things to complain about..

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
One can hardly find forum discussions in library books, though. It's not usually an information hunt.

"Don't let me look outside at night" was my last search, an attempt to find a shred of a clue as to why my parents used to be so anal about me opening the blinds even just a sliver to look out through the window after dark.

That isn't a random string of words, now that I look at it. Well, whatever. Lyrics should not be the first result!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The internet is growing, use better search terms. Quotes are useful.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
One can hardly find forum discussions in library books, though. It's not usually an information hunt.

"Don't let me look outside at night" was my last search, an attempt to find a shred of a clue as to why my parents used to be so anal about me opening the blinds even just a sliver to look out through the window after dark.

That isn't a random string of words, now that I look at it. Well, whatever. Lyrics should not be the first result!

Well if you're searching things like that then there's no wonder why you find stuff like song lyrics. Google search works using keywords, you need to be more specific.

top topics

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution