It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Your Favorite Post?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I think we have all come across a post at some point that stuck with us as being awesome, funny, well-presented, ect., whatever catches your attention.

There are many forums here on ATS, so the list can be quite varied in what you consider to be your favorite.

I'm curious as to which forum will get the most attention here.

Please post the link to the comment, if you remember where it is. Otherwise, just let us know what forum it was in, and a small detailed statement of what was said in your own words, and why you thought it was the best you've seen.

One of my favorites is from the member, Timical, who had an encounter with the Devil.
Posted in the Paranormal Studies Forum.

This has to be one of the scariest things I've ever read!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1/11/2013 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Posts that rip people apart and put others credibility at stake....so about 40% of my posts.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
"Stephen Hawking is completely brain dead and TPTB put words through his voice generator."
-MrMaybeNot

I couldn't stop laughing.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
"Stephen Hawking is completely brain dead and TPTB put words through his voice generator."
-MrMaybeNot

I couldn't stop laughing.

And could you list the forum this was posted in?

I'm interested to see which forums are getting the most attention. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

My favorite post:

many people discover subjects new to them on ATS. But I have never – I mean this – seen a truly original idea expressed in these forums. Genuinely new ideas are very rare, you know. One a lifetime is more than most people could possibly manage.

As to the new subjects people learn about here, their value is debatable. Mostly they are just pop-culture confabulations. And for every genuine piece of information one gleans from ATS, there is a trash-heap of misinformation (errors, agenda-driven distortions and downright fairytales) one is obliged to sift through.

Good entertainment is often educational. The science fiction I read in my teens taught me a lot and has helped shape who I am. But it was produced and marketed as entertainment, and it is as entertainment that I consumed it. I don’t believe ATS is anything like as educational, or as benign, as the SF I read as a teenager. Indeed, much of what is discussed here consists of poorly-digested science-fiction tropes that have since become embedded in popular culture. The cutting-edge ideas bandied about on ATS are about half a century out of date.

Made by my good friend Astyanax in this thread.

It was a real eye-opener for me...

Peace

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I posted one of my favorite scary posts in opening the thread.
Now this is one of my favorites because of the awesomeness of the member's life experience, his inner strength to persevere through the physical and spiritual challenges, and come out the other side all the better for it. He even has some very weird experiences to share, which is very entertaining to read.

He articulates his post extremely well, and I commend him for posting such a personal story with strangers.

He is...(drum roll)... NarcolepticBuddha, and here is the thread in "the Gray Area":

edit on 1/12/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hmm that's a tough one. Some of the most ridiculous and memorable posts I've seen have been removed for T&C reasons.

This is a really tough topic though. You're asking us to epitomize the nature of ATS--not an easy thing to do. I definitely don't like rude and snarky posts. I usually like posts that remind us to be open and accepting to alternate possibilities. Both types of posts in all forums.

I would have to say the The Gray Area is quickly becoming my favorite forum because it's about the people.

It's hard for me to think of one post or thread in particular that has impressed me and left me mesmerized. There's just so much ATS I have digested over the years. If I think of one or find one in my posting history I will drop by again.

(Thanks for the honorable mention! How kind of you.)
edit on 12-1-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Okay, Sled, don't get the big-head, but my favorite post came from you about your ring setting materializing in thin air in front of your eyes!

That has to be the most amazing thing I have ever read!

Good thread. Too bad more people aren't posting. Where is everyone? Come on, people! Participate.

Paranormal Forum:
edit on 12-1-2013 by Mindless1980 because: Add Forum

top topics

join