It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for ATS staff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Given that ATS is by far the largest forum covering " conspiracy" topics and social rights I was wondering how many times, if at all, has ATS been approached by government with the goal of self regulating or imposed regulation as to what can be talked about or specific contextual guide lines?

Also, does ATS have layers or go to plans in the event they are ever approached by censoring governmental officials?

And in closing, would ATS staff make a point to share any such in counter with board members?

Thanks for your time

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
That's classified. Everything you have asked is classified. They are interesting questions though. It would be interesting to know.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Click on the samsung mock up phone to the right or left of the screen ,if you see it,you'll get your answer.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Absolutely none, we have never been asked, and certainly not threatened/ordered, to restrict any topics.

The only time we have ever been contacted about content was when a member posted the direct telephone number to a Government employee about 7 years ago, the poor guy's phone was ringing off the hook and they asked us to remove his number, we did.

That's it.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thanks for your reply and let's hope our beloved board does stay free of meddling hands

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Eww, a reply from one of the owners... youre a marked man now bro

btw.. what happened to the other dude... simon i think was his name.. havent seen him around for a while now.
edit on 1/12/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The government would never overtly approach a website like this. As if they did it would be a validation that there is something here that is the truth. For now the government are happy for the conspiracy nuts to continue believing in things whilst outsiders continue to think that everybody that believes such things is a loon.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Simon doesn't take part in the day to day running of ATS anymore. Skeptic and Springer are the ones who do that, along with us staff.

As for the government thingy, I would assume that only with a court order or something like that woudl ATS ever bend to the whims of a 3 letter agency.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Im kinda curious now.. Which one of you guys are the CFO? How much cash does ATS pull in yearly?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

ATS is a private compnay, the finances involved are nobody's business but the owners.

As for who is who:

Founder: SimonGray
CEO & Community Director: Bill (SkepticOverlord)
COO & Marketing Director: Mark (Springer)
CFO Stephen (Crakeur)
Executive Admin: Djarums
Administrator: 12m8keall2c
Administrator: Majic
Admin Emeritus: William One Sac

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

As all Boards on the Internet are...your board and all discusions are monitered by the NSA. When someone actually posts something that is suspicious...it is not immediatly addressed but is watched and documented. If someone was to actually start posting Very Classified Information then it would not be the people running such a board that would be contacted but the person who posted such information.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I know its a private company, I was just askin... Arent you curious as well?
And didnt William One Sack die a cpl years ago?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I'm not curious at all actually. It's none of my business and I don't worry about the financial affairs of others when it does not impact me.

As for William, yes, yes he did and that day ATS lost somebody wonderful and beautiful and one of the best members it has ever had, nor will have.

Truly A Great Man

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Im sorry, I meant no disrespect

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
btw.. what happened to the other dude... simon i think was his name.. havent seen him around for a while now.

He's still locked in the trunk of a car outside Skeptic Overlords secret bunker in the woods and fed noodles twice a week through a small hatch in the armrest of the back seat.
(humour, please don't put me in the trunk too).

Asking about approaches by agencies or other PTB giving orders or instructions to the site staff is useless, unless we have first hand knowledge we will never KNOW. Sometimes changes and rules in site policy point towards conspiracies in themselves, but we often don't have (and have no real right to) the real reasons for these.

Personally, I see this place as "better the devil you know" and regardless of what might be, it is still a great place to discover truth. What we do with the information offered here is completely up to us though, so taking things at face value negates consideration and perspective which is why we should question everything.

This reminds me of many of the "which one is telling the truth" riddles.

new topics

top topics

join