It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far behind are we to ET?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Let us suppose a generic ET.
Let us stipulate that these ETs are 'Rocket Scientists'.
Let us assume that they travel by means of a craft with Faster Than Light Drive.

It is a given that they are infinitely intellectually superior to Humans in every way possible.

But - They have no sensitivity. No Pain/Pleasure. No Love/Hate. No Desire/Satisfaction.

Pure Intellect void of Emotion.

In their travels they happen upon our Planet.

After some observation they become aware of our Humanity.
They are puzzled confused fascinated.

They realize what they lack.
We are abducted & studied.
Cross breeding is attempted.
They are envious of our 'Feelings' and Desire the Satisfaction of experiencing things as we do.

Feelings. Desire. Satisfaction.
They begin to understand 'Humanity'.

They have set upon the path of 'Enlightenment'.

Perhaps they remain here to learn from us.

Perhaps this knowledge will lead them to their own self destruction.

???????

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
If I had to guess...say, if a alien mothership came into our atmosphere..talking mothership as in independence day sort of thing..
Then not too far behind. such saucers and such are mechanical contraptions that is about a stones throw down from us...machines.

Now, if we were to discover a curious microbe that we found is sending signals out somewhere, folding dimensions in a small microbe area for instant transfer of information, etc etc etc...

Then that I would say we are very, very far behind..not even compared to ourselves to cavemen..but more like a comparison of future guy to a chimpanzee sort of distance...

If we consider the next 200 years of technological growth in our own species...the conservative estimate is mind blowing...from automated everything, nanofabrication, virtual reality, etc etc..to fully downloading consciousness to the internet and living as pure energy...

So ya, some clunky flying saucer creature...not overly impressive in regards to advancement/magic scale...but still would be very cool to poke around inside and check out the new gadgets...

As far as spiritually and all that...I am hopeing they are a bit more enlightened (aka, agnostic atheist types) and focus more on their own potential verses looking for spooky cloudmen of religion.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DENBY
Let us suppose a generic ET.
Let us stipulate that these ETs are 'Rocket Scientists'.
Let us assume that they travel by means of a craft with Faster Than Light Drive.

It is a given that they are infinitely intellectually superior to Humans in every way possible.

But - They have no sensitivity. No Pain/Pleasure. No Love/Hate. No Desire/Satisfaction.

Pure Intellect void of Emotion.

In their travels they happen upon our Planet.

After some observation they become aware of our Humanity.
They are puzzled confused fascinated.

They realize what they lack.
We are abducted & studied.
Cross breeding is attempted.
They are envious of our 'Feelings' and Desire the Satisfaction of experiencing things as we do.

Feelings. Desire. Satisfaction.
They begin to understand 'Humanity'.

They have set upon the path of 'Enlightenment'.

Perhaps they remain here to learn from us.

Perhaps this knowledge will lead them to their own self destruction.

???????

That was one of my favorite series of all times.

Stephen Speilburg's Taken.

Man, now I wanna watch that whole series again.

But anyhow, ya...what you wrote is the entire plot of the series. I think it should be required viewing for any wannabe ET "nut" simply for its unique view (crossbreeding for emotional gain of their species).

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I'd say we are a bit more advanced compared to the E.T.'s on Mars, they are fossilized and appear to be microbial.

But seriously, this question doesn't really make much sense. It's like asking, "Is Earth's sky more blue or less blue than the blue skies in alien worlds?"

The answer is, given that there are zillions upon zillions of galaxies without number, then there are E.T.s which are primitive compared to us and equally there are ones that are millions of years beyond us.

Are you talking about the extraterrestrials that have traveled here in their space-ships? I have seen zero evidence to confirm a single sighting has not been fully invented, created, staged by the governments of the world as I've seen zero reliable photos of an intelligent E.T.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

There is the possibillity that an ET civilization is a million years older than ours...

Take in consideration what we have acomplished in .. lets say a thousend years... no, just take a hundred years.

We do not know anything about anything... most stuff we know is all theory. So, we are still guessing about what we would like to know. With other words... complicated stuff works but we are not really sure why it works.

I would just like to point out that "theory" in the scientific realm has a different meaning. In that realm, theory is something that's well supported by the evidence. Like "theory of gravity." Clearly, gravity exists. (there's also "law of gravity" as well)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

Originally posted by teslahowitzer
reply to post by marbles87

I firmly believe they understand these types of people, they created the mindset, and we go back much furthur than Mars. The human mind is no mystery to them, and reactions would be all over the map, easily forethought and countered. A lot of reasonable theories as mankind is still in the primative state, That, my friend is about to take a quantum leap forward, and the first stages of enlightenment will presume.

"After studying civilizations across the whole span of history, noted historian Arnold Toynbee concluded that the paramount religion of mankind is self-worship...of man as god. Tal Brooke concurs, noting that historically there has always been an exoteric polytheism-pantheism for the general masses and a high level esoteric "advaitic" monism for the higher initiate. For initiates then:

".... the Great Lie (is) the foundation stone of Hinduism, Buddhism, Sufism, Jainism, Sikhism, Taoism, the Kabala, the Greek Hermetic, Eleusinian and Gnostic beliefs, Neo-Platonism, all the occult creeds from Theosophy and the Masonic orders to the Rosicrucian's (and) the New Age movement. The Great Lie is...the belief that man is God, that his true identity is the immortal self...that as God, he will never die (and) Sin and depravity are...illusions since this inner divinity is at man's core." (The Great Lie, Tal Brooke, SCP Journal, Vol. 29:2-29:3, 2005)" www.renewamerica.com...

The responses in this thread are indicative of just how thoroughly the occult has hoodwinked everyone with their blasphemous monastic beliefs. They gave you "natural selection" as MONISM, and by doing so, most of you cannot figure out how you believe as they do - that this 'force' of evolution will somehow evolve us into super humans. The primitive belief is that you are "god", the inequity displayed by Adam. The Truth is that you are the created of the Creator. There was only one sure fire way to "kill off" Our Creator and that was to remove creation. You are hoodwinked by the lie - just as scripture states. You are prepped for the Shi'ite occult vision whereby their Imam Mahdi comes to "open the gates of science and knowledge....to revert the children of Adam back to their innate nature".

You guys unnknowingly line right up for their "solution of peace". They cause the wars yet you'll accept THEIR phony solutions. They create the "science" and yet you'll accept their proposed solutions. They say worship the creation and you do. They gave us "natural selection" through the theory of evolution because they themselves worship an 'unknowable force'.

The blind leading the blind straight into the pit. That pit is presently open extremely wide for all who are perishing - those who believed the lie. Just as Judea rejected the second Adam (Jesus) for the first (Barabbas - the murderer, insurrectionist and robber), we see it's prophetic implications for today. The world largely wants to be god instead of worship their Creator. The world wants to create instead of behold the wondrous creation made for us. The world wants the Adam who sinned not the Adam who had no sin. To this end, and because of those desires, the occult could bring flying pigs from space and you'd believe them as long as your science fiction fantasies and inequity would be filled.

The verdict from Heaven is found in John 3.

Evolution and natural selection are fact. If you would bother to read and learn what evolution actually is, you'd understand this. It's thinking like yours that is currently holding the human race back and preventing us from achieving our potential, so thanks for ruining it for everyone else.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Star flag bump subscribe.

This thread has me trippin balls reading through the posts!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I agree with you in that our brains are currently limited and an "evolutionary change" is needed. But, I would call it a genetic change instead. We will soon master our genetics. Once we do this we will be able to tweak our brains and bodies.

I think the government has been working on the genetic modification/creation of a "super brain" for a long time now. If I ruled the world or at least had some say as in a major power player. You can bet your car that I would be doing this.

Anyways all that is needed is a minor tweak at first. This could be done to a full grown host through hormone therapy. Once they have their hands on a super smart human it's time to have it solve problems.

The first problem I would have it solve would be how to create a sizable working quantum computer. With this quantum computer you will have the power to break through ALL firewalls of ALL "super-computers" and any firewall of any computer on the earth for that matter. But this would be small potatoes compared to what they really could do.

I would next use the quantum computer to map out the blueprints for a created-from-scratch super intelligent human, and of course along with it the means of securing this super-human.

The applications of a quantum computer are unfathomable. And we are getting close (at least it seems) to creating one. Mind you whoever gets one first will quickly become commanders of the world.

If a quantum computer is created somewhere other than the U.S. the U.S. will quickly find out and take deadly action against the host country to quickly obtain it. There would be no warning and no questions asked. It is that important.

Well anyways I could go on but I got to go. Thanks for reading.

-Alien

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Re: Taken -
Never saw one episode.
I did not even know it was a Sci-Fi series.

Now I have to watch it.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The people that are like us havn't gotten far. But there are stars billions of years beyond ours, like zeta rheticuli, and that means there are civilizations billions of years ahead of us, and that's in our known universe, not the higher levels of infinity above, because we're on channel 98.5 FM, there are infinite channels.

Those who are on Higher Levels managing this whole affair are like Gods to us. There are sides to those ones, and they're out and about, taking people for their checkups. Every aspect of your life is monitored. Every single thought.

To some we're anthill.

To some we're microbe level.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DENBY

Re: Taken -
Never saw one episode.
I did not even know it was a Sci-Fi series.

Now I have to watch it.

Pretty amazing..and they basically sum up about 50 years of conspiracys nicely..of course the end they have to take liberties with understanding alien agendas...which is basically verbatim what you posted.

Should be easy enough to track down...hulu maybe, or your favorite movie watching site.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
If we leave the conspiracy angle of this topic to the side, and take everything at face value...

We will be lucky if we leave the solar system in the next 100 or more years. The economic, political, and social structure and mindset of our world is so seriously screwed up, that to even think we could be a type 1 civilization is a joke. But the problem isn't a limitation of the human mind, it's our shortsightedness, and dysfunctional thinking.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Albert Einstein

I agree. I am sickened by our continuing idiocy politically and economically. We continue to build bigger and better ways to kill each other. We continue to buy things we don't need and which are designed to wear out quickly. Imagine where we could be if even half our "defense" budget had been spent on space travel and colonization instead. Imagine the jobs created and new technologies developed. We continue to foul our "crib" when we should be crawling out of it. We need to GROW UP!

The problem isn't our "limited brain" it's our leaders limited world view. We are led by shortsighted, greedy, manipulative, aggressive and narcissitic elites who lack vision. Just look at the way they spend "their" money. It's not a lack of resources or technological capabilities that is holding us back.....it's the way they are used.

The only way to ensure the continued existence of our civilization is to expand it outwards. We are a pioneering species and don't do well in a "cage". Without new frontiers we will (and have) turn(ed) inwards in destructive ways. The planet cannot sustain our continued growth (putting aside the natural disasters/catastrophes which have destroyed civilizations of the past) and we will either quit growing (HA!) or go down the path of all past civilizations unless we get our sorry butts OUT THERE!
edit on 13-1-2013 by csgt428 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

But we're all held back by too many people with low IQ — idiots and sheeple.

Held back? In what way are we being held back?

And - if you could point out the idiots and sheeple please - hate to be that guy (or gal)

but - here I am

:-)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct

I agree with you in that our brains are currently limited and an "evolutionary change" is needed. But, I would call it a genetic change instead. We will soon master our genetics. Once we do this we will be able to tweak our brains and bodies.

I think the government has been working on the genetic modification/creation of a "super brain" for a long time now. If I ruled the world or at least had some say as in a major power player. You can bet your car that I would be doing this.

Anyways all that is needed is a minor tweak at first. This could be done to a full grown host through hormone therapy. Once they have their hands on a super smart human it's time to have it solve problems.

It's very plausible. No doubt. Genetic experiments are already happening in various stages, various degrees, to various extremes. Stem cell research. Cloning. Human genome studies. Gene splicing.

But to create a fully grown host just to solve problems might not be the goal.

Instead, the powerful people in the secret society might be HAVING CHILDREN that are so altered. They may not even be of natural birth as we know it. Hidden in plain view, too. Children who grow up disproportionally smart or having supernatural abilities yet still respecting their predecessor makes the most sense. Otherwise they over run anything and everything.

Then the other part of the equation is to reduce the lower end of the bell curve.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by csgt428

If we leave the conspiracy angle of this topic to the side, and take everything at face value...

I agree. I am sickened by our continuing idiocy politically and economically. We continue to build bigger and better ways to kill each other. We continue to buy things we don't need and which are designed to wear out quickly...

The problem isn't our "limited brain" it's our leaders limited world view. We are led by shortsighted, greedy, manipulative, aggressive and narcissitic elites who lack vision...

Okay, so if we leave out the conspiracy angle...

We can't do much about the limited minds of our elected leaders. We can't predict them. We also can't do much about the brains we already have. We'll just die as we are.

But for any population of people to advance, there has to be some fundamental changes. So it really has to be a physiological change to overcome the natural instincts of greed and competitive killing.

Then maybe...
1. Communication is done by telepathy. There's no lying, no distrust, no confusion.
2. People know innately who should lead in economic matters, in construction, in science ...
3. Science takes on huge leaps and gets implemented without debate

And so...
1. We tap into easy energy sources that entirely eliminate fossil fuels
2. We develop anti-gravitational capabilities, automobile industry be damned
3. We fully learn about phase-changing into other dimensions to travel through space-time

And we travel to other Earth-like planets as aliens who the locals think of as Gods.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic

Originally posted by csgt428

, manipulative, aggressive and narcissitic elites who lack vision...
[/qote]

And we travel to other Earth-like planets as aliens who the locals think of as Gods.

What, and disguise ourselves and pretend we are not there?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I am sick and tired of all the sensless wars. Since ww2 there is simply no excuse for this. Until we get over our lust for blood and our hatred of others on race colour or creed or ideology then what hope have we of even reaching type 1 civilisation. I am surprised we survived the 20th century. But I cant see us surviving the next 20 years. You can laugh at me if ATS is still around in 20 years and you bring back this thread and see how crazy my words will sound then!
Short of a major paradim shift I think we are doomed to die in nuclear war or some other horrid way. We are living on borrowed time.

Only a major change such as First Contact would change that I think as Space will be come the new frontier to be explored with the knowledge that there are intelligent beings out there and just think of the trade possibilities etc.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Yeah I agree they will definitely try to reduce the populous. And you have a point about having the "super brains" as their children, I wrote about that before. But before that they can and likely will as I mentioned use hormone therapy to alter existing brains. It's the most immediate advancement.

I want to make a comment on the other part of your OP I'm going to use part of a post I made in another thread.

I believe we recovered an ET craft in Roswell NM back in what was it '46'?
Based on this information and based on the technology available today it is likely we haven't made any progress in back engineering the ET tech. I say this because if there is one thing you can depend on about the military industrial complex it would be greed. If they made and headway in back engineering the ET tech then there would undoubtedly be some left over that could be used for civilian application, ideas that the military wouldn't mind allowing to be out there.

Being that we can trace all of today's tech back to it's origins there doesn't appear to be any evidence of back engineering

So, that being said it is likely that the technology is so far advanced we just have no clue how to even go about even trying to comprehend what we are looking at.

Picture a Nimitz class nuclear powered submarine falling into the lap of say the ancient Egyptians. Their most advanced tool was the copper chisel. Do you think they could build another one even with one sitting right there? Not an ice cube chance in hell. Good luck even getting into the sub with a copper chisel and a hammer.

And what could they learn using their current technology about the metallurgy used to build the sub? Nothing.

So, although we might have gotten a few basic ideas from the craft(s) I don't believe we have made any significant advancements (if any) in the back engineering of the craft.

I mean hell the above analogy might be very off. The craft we recovered might be more like this analogy......

Say I dropped my cell phone in an ant pile.....

-Alien
edit on 1/13/2013 by Alien Abduct because: grammer

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

For example, in interstellar space travel, I think humans are so tremendously limited that it may take some EVOLUTIONARY CHANGES in the human species just to tap into the new science.

There is no evolution. It's a version of monism given to you by the occult. Dogs are still dogs. Cats are still cats. Humans are still humans. Face it, you believe their lie and you will be deceived. You'll be lining up for someone like the Shi'ite "Imam Mahdi" who's supposedly coming to "open the gates of science and knowledge....to revert the children of Adam to their innate nature....". And you'll say, where do I sign up? See, you would NEVER had fallen for it had you not already ingested occultic beliefs. They've raised your desires for all of these science fiction fantasies, and with that, they control you. They can feed you any lie and as long as your "senses" are able to seemingly confirm things that they say, you'll fully believe that lie as truth. What you are doing above is raising desires for those science fiction fantasies and suggesting a lie as the solution. You are merely indoctrinating people towards acceptance of what the President of Iran and his occultic buddies have up their sleeve - genetic change into their "primordial man" delusion.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

It will probably be shown again (& again & again... as is everything produced for TV). This series sounds better than most ('Lost' - which is exactly what became of the plot 'Walking Dead' - which started off good & headed straight downhill) & I will look for it. Thankyou for bringing this to my attention.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join