It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far behind are we to ET?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Are you kidding? Not to mention that on the surface we're on the wrong science path, not sure if this is about the surface or the under ground one.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Michio Kaku 3 types of Civilizations : The best way to measure how far behind we are is by asking some of the top dudes that study this sort of question. Like Michio Kaku. I like his take. But, we can only speculate (even him) until they tell us.

edit on 11-1-2013 by RUFFREADY because: space the finale frontier

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
I agree, I think the human mind has a physical limitation just like propeller driven planes are physically limited in their top speeds.our brains need to physically change if we hope to break the sound barrier because we can`t do it with these old prop driven brains.

Although the brain/mind is still to be fully analysed, have a look here buddy:

A Single Brain more powerful than All the Computers ever made

Forecasters who predicted that computers are poised to become more powerful than the human brain have got it hopelessly wrong. For the first time, researchers have calculated that the power of a single brain in terms of memory capacity and discovered that it is greater than all the computers ever made. While even the biggest computer has a capacity of around 10,000,000,000,000 bytes (10 to the power of 12), the human brain has a colossal 10 followed by 8,432 noughts, say the scientists who made the calculations in the journal Brain and Mind.

So if you "think the human mind has a physical limitation", yes it might do but there is still no evidence to suggest such case (by evidence I mean proper scientific research). Also, the same research article says that

Despite the fact that the number of neurons in the human brain has been identified in cognitive and neural sciences, the magnitude of human memory capacity is still unknown

So to say "we can't do it with these old prop driven brains" its not a fair argument. Our brains, as shown, have capabilities of SUPER COMPUTERS, but we NEED to learn how to utilize them efficiently and properly. But due to our selfish and anti-human governments, which only seek knowledge for themselves (elite), perhaps we will never learn

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Dead on target Marbels, remove all of the dynamics of wars in the past 200 years, and we are planet hopping in this decade, no telling how far.... This is a sub part of Skept's thread finally opened. Advanced aliens have no need for war as it is pure devolution, and in reality, removes the need for basic existance, that is your enemy's goal, and as you remove your enemy, you in turn remove the speed and quality of your own evolution, All of the humans and technology misguided or destroyed, when a common good solution could have been a few words from select individuals but stupidity got in the way.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

Take away wars and the destruction of key scientific and other important items like the library of Alexandria and we could have been born on Mars. Some like to ask "Well if ET were so advanced why not just wipe us out?" simple answer we are doing it ourselves and without their disclosure we are doing it in an orderly fashion. If they reveal themselves, now they have to deal with the undesirables trying to force their way off the planet through them. "give me a ride or I blow up your ship" types. Then you have the religious fanatics that would stab them in the back due to their beliefs. Religion is a sneaky way of saying you're judgmental. There is no Real religion anymore.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

I firmly believe they understand these types of people, they created the mindset, and we go back much furthur than Mars. The human mind is no mystery to them, and reactions would be all over the map, easily forethought and countered. A lot of reasonable theories as mankind is still in the primative state, That, my friend is about to take a quantum leap forward, and the first stages of enlightenment will presume.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

it all depends,if this pklanet is only 4.5 billion years old

and theres other planets out there 6 billion years old

then we are way behind( that is if intel life on said planet)
edit on 12/1/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by teslahowitzer
reply to post by marbles87

I firmly believe they understand these types of people, they created the mindset, and we go back much furthur than Mars. The human mind is no mystery to them, and reactions would be all over the map, easily forethought and countered. A lot of reasonable theories as mankind is still in the primative state, That, my friend is about to take a quantum leap forward, and the first stages of enlightenment will presume.

"After studying civilizations across the whole span of history, noted historian Arnold Toynbee concluded that the paramount religion of mankind is self-worship...of man as god. Tal Brooke concurs, noting that historically there has always been an exoteric polytheism-pantheism for the general masses and a high level esoteric "advaitic" monism for the higher initiate. For initiates then:

".... the Great Lie (is) the foundation stone of Hinduism, Buddhism, Sufism, Jainism, Sikhism, Taoism, the Kabala, the Greek Hermetic, Eleusinian and Gnostic beliefs, Neo-Platonism, all the occult creeds from Theosophy and the Masonic orders to the Rosicrucian's (and) the New Age movement. The Great Lie is...the belief that man is God, that his true identity is the immortal self...that as God, he will never die (and) Sin and depravity are...illusions since this inner divinity is at man's core." (The Great Lie, Tal Brooke, SCP Journal, Vol. 29:2-29:3, 2005)" www.renewamerica.com...

The responses in this thread are indicative of just how thoroughly the occult has hoodwinked everyone with their blasphemous monastic beliefs. They gave you "natural selection" as MONISM, and by doing so, most of you cannot figure out how you believe as they do - that this 'force' of evolution will somehow evolve us into super humans. The primitive belief is that you are "god", the inequity displayed by Adam. The Truth is that you are the created of the Creator. There was only one sure fire way to "kill off" Our Creator and that was to remove creation. You are hoodwinked by the lie - just as scripture states. You are prepped for the Shi'ite occult vision whereby their Imam Mahdi comes to "open the gates of science and knowledge....to revert the children of Adam back to their innate nature".

You guys unnknowingly line right up for their "solution of peace". They cause the wars yet you'll accept THEIR phony solutions. They create the "science" and yet you'll accept their proposed solutions. They say worship the creation and you do. They gave us "natural selection" through the theory of evolution because they themselves worship an 'unknowable force'.

The blind leading the blind straight into the pit. That pit is presently open extremely wide for all who are perishing - those who believed the lie. Just as Judea rejected the second Adam (Jesus) for the first (Barabbas - the murderer, insurrectionist and robber), we see it's prophetic implications for today. The world largely wants to be god instead of worship their Creator. The world wants to create instead of behold the wondrous creation made for us. The world wants the Adam who sinned not the Adam who had no sin. To this end, and because of those desires, the occult could bring flying pigs from space and you'd believe them as long as your science fiction fantasies and inequity would be filled.

The verdict from Heaven is found in John 3.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

No, not my point at all, I never said evolution is any answer to anything. lets paralell, there is without a doubt a higher level of intelligent design, too many indicators, too many missed clues, even if you do not count the bible at all. You would say that angels are God's messengers, I would say that these messengers are a form of ET, You would say that God is the only one creator. I would say that is very possible, and could be true, But I would like more info, I need more than to base my complete logic on one book that has been translated a few times, not mechanically, parts removed, and without visuals, sounds a lot like intergallatic technology. I have never agreed with Darwin, evolution in a mindset moving forward, would this not happen if the bible is true, and the earth sees the creator or his son, would this not be an evolution of your understanding of everything universal? As I have stated before, we are not that much different, Just a lot lost in the translations, But I believe there is much, much more to the story, and I would like to know what some say is forbidden, I have many, many questions, and if asking them makes me a sinner, well forgive me, but where do I find the answers?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Although we obviously can't really say how far we are from a civilization we have no concrete information on, I do think that humanity has the potential to make incredible advances in the next hundred years or so if we are willing to focus our resources. While the limitations of our brains might very well be a limiting factor in our ultimate developmental capabilities, if you consider the progress we've made recently even with the enormous amount of potential collective intellect we're currently wasting, I think it's safe to say that we could still go a lot farther with our current biological hardware.

Just think about how many people are on this planet who have no access to education or encouragement to use their innate intellect. I often wonder how many Stephen Hawkings or Noonian Soongs there are in the world just wandering around in a third world country scrounging for food, or sitting on a couch watching TV after spending all day doing meaningless work simply because they don't have the resources or fundamental training to pursue their innate potential. Imagine what we could accomplish in 50 years if the human race as a whole decided to focus its resources on ensuring high quality education and encouraging natural human curiosity for the billions of people on this planet.

We have a much greater raw capacity to learn than we did even twenty years ago, with instant access to almost any information through the internet, unprecedented ease of communication with almost anyone in the world, and how much more efficiently we can learn now by using technology to aid in the acquisition of knowledge. It's also conceivable that advances in genetics and technology could provide us with a means to alter our biology to create smarter, longer living humans who would have greater intellectual capacity and longer lives to use their training.

All of this is simultaneously depressing and kind of exciting. Living in the United States, it really doesn't seem like there's going to be any significant push to expand the availability or quality of education any time soon (although, thankfully, many other countries in the world have a more progressive attitude). On the other hand, it seems we're sitting on so much unused potential, that once we finally make a decision to use it, it's very conceivable that we could suddenly see a period of almost exponential growth and incredible advancements. If by some miracle the human race did suddenly decide to become cooperative and use its collective resources to facilitate and develop the natural capabilities of as many people as possible, I could easily us having viable space travel and technology so advanced it seems like magic within a century or two, perhaps much sooner.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I think that we are about 5 to 10 thousand years behind.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
If we continue using Moores Law as a key indicator of technological advancement it is fairly safe to say that in 100 years we will be able to create a fully explorable "virtual" Universe that would be indistinguishable from the real thing (using our human senses).

This will be alot more likely and cost effective given the issue in reality of moving mass through space in its enormity.

If we can create a virtual solar system (using the physical and chemical proprties we observe) we just set the "super computer" off on extrapolating a realsitic universe around it.

Once built, we alter the physics of the virtual world to confer us with "warp" speed and hey presto; we can go wherever/do whatever we want.

This will be the future and when people have been to the virtual galactic core and met the founders, they'll unplug their headset and go home for supper entirely satisfied.

Alternatively, the real universe explorer gets back from the galactic core at a relative speed of 90% the speed of light , 9 years older with everyone he knew dead over 70 years ago.

edit on 12-1-2013 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2013 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Without you sketching out your idea of what the EBE is it pretty hard to answer the question. How old are they, what can they do?

Our problems on earth (as mentioned by others) are a failure of our thinking rather than a lack of capacity to think.

If we can survive through this most dangerous century (no means certain) the homogenisation of world culture thanks to communication advances and globalisation will help. The campaign against governments walling off the internet is more important for humanity than many would realise.

When we start to really get an instinctive feel for humanity as a single civilisation/tribe we'll advance quickly. Some get that now. The vast majority worldwide do not.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Well this is hard to say isn't it, since we have no real evidence of ET's visiting us we cannot say how far behind we are. But if you would go through history for at least the last 150 years you can find real good evidence that we are about 100years behind ourselves. We have been duped by the greedy banksters and other manipulative money grabbers and the best non compelling evidence is Nikola Tesla....

He does not get mych credit (he does get some) but not in the way we should. Tesla was THE greatest mind of the last 150 years of our history, he knew we were going out of sync with nature and spend almost his entire life trying to invent technologies for us wich would free us from whatever (costly) poluting substance to power our needs.

Free energy in a way (maybe not the kind of free energy everybody thinks of when reading free energy) but he wanted to provide the entire world with free electricity (wich JP Morgan, his main investor did not like so much and he pulled his money, let the Wardenclyffe tower be dismantled and sold for scrap). Who in their rights mind could be so greedy but JP Morgan. His conclusion was, if it can't get a meter attached i can't make money from it.This is the type of f*ck ups wich should be hanged in public.

For to long have we been misled by greedy idiotic rats like JP Morgan and other bankers, it is time for an old fashioned witch hunt to get rid of the true evil in this world. Money and its makers!!!!

I believe if Tesla got what he needed we would be at least 100 years further technologically advanced then we think we are now!!

And don't flame me because i like Tesla. This man was truly misunderstood and a genious and what i just used as example is fact..

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
If there was a disclosure however messed up it would jump us forward. If anything was to occur during a disclosure I would rather it happen and deal with the aftermath. If people freak out let them freak and Try to pick up the pieces on the other side.

To hide information in today age is only slowing us down. Hell they could say a giant asteroid was going to wipe out the earth I would Atleast like to know about it you know so I could prepare spiritually. There is alway a silver lining.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

It's a misleading question because technological advancement increases exponentially and so the vast majority of technologies will be developed towards the end of the time period considered. So, in terms of time, we're not really behind at all. In terms of technology, we're vastly behind.

Given the technological singularity, we're probably only a century or a few decades behind. Once we develop self-evolving general AI, we'll quickly, within a decade, develop all technologies that can possibly be developed because those machines will be powerful enough to, in a short period of time, think every thought that can be thought.
edit on 1/12/13 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic
I think there are energies, dimensions and "physics" that our current mind cannot even start to comprehend.

Have said something similar on many occasions. I completely agree with you. Right now, there are things in this universe that we can't comprehend. Things that for us to understand, would be similar to ants understanding how Google works.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

[
This is why I think a larger, smarter, better brain would be needed. There has to be something extra beyond what we have now.

We're going to build those in a few decades and, as a result, will develop all possible technologies.

The question will be whether we destroy ourselves or not. Energy will be so abundant that every Joe Schmoe will have the capability to blow up the planet. The danger is a crazy person blowing up the planet, a drunk person that screws up turning on his anti-matter car, terrorists, just making a simple mistake charging your black-hole battery..

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
When you consider there are still people on this planet who use stone tools, 100,000 years is plenty for a Alien Race to come here and knock us all back to the stone age.......1000,000 years is but a blink of the eye in our universe's history.....then we move on to the question of multi verses....wow!!!!

Even if a species was 10,000 years ahead of us we would be stunned by their tech.

edit on 12-1-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It's difficult to know how far ahead they are without a full audit of their capabilities across so many fields such as: energy, levitation and propulsion via spacetime manipulation, computing, nanotechnology and materials science etc.

However my reading leads me to believe that we are on the cusp of some great breakthroughs. We already have a precursor to zero point energy, known as the Casimir Effect, but we need to improve the efficiency of these generators by several orders of magnitude.

And once we understand how matter dictates the warping of spacetime, perhaps via some function of the Higgs Boson, then we should be able to levitate and propel devices by strategically warping spacetime around the object.

First we may need to unify gravity, having already unified the other three forces, and towards that objective we now have clusters of mainframe computers churning through every permutation of Calabi Yau shape in order to discover the topology of the extra curled-up dimensions of our Universe.

Once we know the topology of these extra dimensions we can simplify the mathematics of string/membrane theory and hopefully understand the way in which 1-branes (particles) affect n-branes (multidimensional space) and therefore understand the mechanism by which matter via gravity warps spacetime.

However there are so many trillions of possible Calabi Yau shape, and each permutation requires the subsequent modelling of the Universe that would arise from that shape and comparison to our own Universe, so we may need much faster quantum computers which, serendipitously, are already in development.

Nanotechnology is not too far behind thanks to the work of Lee Cronin at Glasgow University and his team who are developing 3D printing applications to print miniature laboratories that will manufacture pharmaceutical drugs in the home and, ultimately, print even smaller 3D printers to print even smaller 3D printers to print smart materials and even molecular machines.

We are close now, space brothers..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join