It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper "Attacks" Conspiracy Theorists

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The problem is, the msm tends to group all conspiracys in the same basket of nuts..when some have a lot more credible and curious attributes. Not all things are the same, yet one shoebox is fitting them all.

Things like the sandy hook seriously jade other conspiracy discussions (global banking cabal and such). If there is a problem with destroying credible conspiracy theories, is the dimwits and disinfo folks that try to lump the crazy and highly offensive theories with the actual issues

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
The problem is, the msm tends to group all conspiracys in the same basket of nuts..when some have a lot more credible and curious attributes. Not all things are the same, yet one shoebox is fitting them all.

Things like the sandy hook seriously jade other conspiracy discussions (global banking cabal and such). If there is a problem with destroying credible conspiracy theories, is the dimwits and disinfo folks that try to lump the crazy and highly offensive theories with the actual issues

You're right... and exactly what I meant when I said the gems get lost in the noise..

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Then I believe we, as a community, utilize this moment to realize that we are no different. Members here levy blanket statements, pit one side against the next, compartmentalize and place into tidy little boxes on an hourly basis. I cannot count how many times as a member I (or anyone else for that matter) get lumped into some form of "disinformation agent" category when we engage in discussion of a theory presented.

The community needs to take a hard look at itself to realize that Anderson isn't that far off in my opinion as we gave him the ammunition to sell.
edit on 12-1-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Then I believe we, as a community, utilize this moment to realize that we are no different. Members here levy blanket statements, pit one side against the next, compartmentalize and place into tidy little boxes on an hourly basis. I cannot count how many times as a member I (or anyone else for that matter) get lumped into some form of "disinformation agent" category when we engage in discussion of a theory presented.

The community needs to take a hard look at itself to realize that Anderson isn't that far off in my opinion as we gave him the ammunition to sell.
edit on 12-1-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

I'd give a dozen more stars for this post if I could .. I am completely in agreement.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Originally posted by FirstCasualty

Originally posted by redtic

Originally posted by Sek82
That's surprising that Anderson went after the conspiracy theorist who suggested that this may have been staged... They must have noticed that a lot of people have questioned the Sandy Hook Tragedy.

What I am wondering is what did Anderson present as evidence to prove the professor's theory is wrong? Does anyone know?

How about 20 dead kids and a lot of sadness for starters..

Don't start..

The kids identified by photograph and removed from the scene in the middle of the night

Ya... Don`t start.

By order of Governor Malloy and the State Legislative Leaders to avoid exactly what you would think, to keep pictures of dead children off our airwaves in the state. It wasn't done for everyone else who has to find a conspiracy in a can of peanut butter, it was done for US the residents of Connecticut who really didn't need to, nor are we asking to see the bodies of 20 dead children.. Is that good enough for you? If not tough..

Gods... it's amazing, from 9/11 to this, to now Kern County everyone is in such an anti government knot that everything HAS to be staged, a coverup or worse.. Sometimes, a flower is just that a flower, and I think people have lost sight of that in all of this..

It's ok to be mad at our government, heaven knows, they deserve the Anger that the American people are dishing out at them daily, they are the biggest group of incompetent morons known to mankind, but not everything is their doing.

You should have seen the faces in Hartford the day after that shooting, you should have seen our state reps and Senators just totally dumbfounded that such a thing could happen here, the reaction was shock, not "It didn't happen" but shock, plain, simple and to the point.

Channel 61 (or 30 I can't remember right now it was on the radio the next day) tried to get a reporter into the room where the bodies were, that station took HEAT from the CITIZENS of Connecticut for that stunt, we were supporting our own. Does it piss me off that now our state is being lumped in with the 9/11 crowd? YES.. And I will state it again, the first time some idiot goes to the door of one of these families, and accuses them of being an actor, I can guarantee you that they will have to hold that person in protective custody because 99.9% of this state would be out for blood.

Does that mean that conspiracies don't exist, of course not, they are an inevatible part of government and life. Just whispering to friend of yours to sneak out after curfew is technically a conspiracy, but noone questions those small ones...

It just shows, as a society we have to stop being reactionary (which is all this digging into peoples PRIVATE lives is, whether it be Aurora, or Sandy Hook, or Kern County, or 9/11) and be more proactive as a society..

Thats not the point i was making.

Below is a quote. my quote box buttons wont work as well my question mark (fee lap from telus pff)

Vance shared new details regarding the ongoing investigation Saturday on "CBS This Morning: Saturday," confirming that the families of the victims have been notified, and that the victims' bodies were removed from the school overnight.

"Our objective certainly was to positively identify the victims to try to give the families some closure," he explained. "Our detectives worked well through the night. By early this morning, we were able to positively identify all of the victims and make some formal notification to all of the families of the victims."

Link : www.cbsnews.com...

The POLICE identified the bodies, then notified the parents, before removing bodies in the middle of the night.

I thought next of kin identified the bodies... Why cant anyone handling this incident do it like its always done. Its like they are trying to revolutionize news reports so that the media never has to come out to the scene, just wait for the police media briefing for all the information.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Gods... it's amazing, from 9/11 to this, to now Kern County everyone is in such an anti government knot that everything HAS to be staged, a coverup or worse..

Well in a way your partially right, after the 9-11 charade (yes NOT backing down on that) many have come to realize they are dealing with homocidal maniacs who will kill their own people for an Agenda or perhaps stage a script to accompish this. Sure it's plausible any bodies might have been removed in cover of darkness to keep people from seeing them (but there could be several reasons for this not just the one you cite)) it's also possible this event COULD have been like the fantastic "Bin Laden at Sea" burial the herd was fed. I mean c'mon really not EVERYTHING has to be staged but how many times does it take of being lied to that people realize they need to wise up and question EVERYTHING.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte
reply to post by vkey08

Gods... it's amazing, from 9/11 to this, to now Kern County everyone is in such an anti government knot that everything HAS to be staged, a coverup or worse..

Well in a way your partially right, after the 9-11 charade (yes NOT backing down on that) many have come to realize they are dealing with homocidal maniacs who will kill their own people for an Agenda or perhaps stage a script to accompish this. Sure it's plausible any bodies might have been removed in cover of darkness to keep people from seeing them (but there could be several reasons for this not just the one you cite)) it's also possible this event COULD have been like the fantastic "Bin Laden at Sea" burial the herd was fed. I mean c'mon really not EVERYTHING has to be staged but how many times does it take of being lied to that people realize they need to wise up and question EVERYTHING.

His point is pretty valid and I notice that .. There is a tendency on ATS where no matter what the tragedy is, people want to automatically blame the government or the new world order.. or the masons.. or something bigger .. some ominous, dark, evil character ... and I think the reason is simply that many can't accept that fact that there are crazy people out there.. there are people out there that are capable of horrible things.. it's almost incomprehensible .. so there's this need among many here to try to explain it away by putting the blame on that bigger thing.. almost always without evidence.. and almost always very emotionally to the point that challenging that thought invokes angry responses.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Good on Coops.

When people are ready to make disgusting outlandish claims, they can buck up expect a retaliation rather than think they are entitled to get away with cowardly cyber yelling.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The media has and continues to make outlandish claims.

THEY are the ones that need to provide PROOF of their conspiracy theories.

Until they do, people are free to connect the dot's on their own and they will.

If the media can't do a better job than the average citizen (and in some cases worse) what good are they.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'd rather be called "crazy"by the few in the know,
than "sane" by the masses that don't.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

If the media can't do a better job than the average citizen (and in some cases worse) what good are they.

I could use your words ...

"ATS members have and continue to make outlandish claims, they are the ones that need to provide proof of their conspiracy theories. Until they do, people are free to connect the dots on their own and they will. If ATS members can't do a better job than the average citizen, what good are they?" ..

Mirrors are often not flattering.. the point is the community here is OFTEN guilty of the SAME exact thing you just said.. if you're allowed to criticize them for it .. they have every right to criticize US for it .. and I stand by what I posted earlier, I don't disagree... this same thing happens here .. I'd say on a daily basis, but it's more like every few minutes..

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

And that is a valid point. As point out by another here, the media, since the explosion of "social media" has been on a rampant "first to report" binge that leads to information that isn't complete, unverified, hardly credible and dangerous in some aspects. That said, we (the community here) take that same information from those same reports and then develop these theories.

If you cannot see the irony in that -- the MSM we don't believe yet we take what they say and run with it -- I don't know what else to say.

MSM -- pushing bad information
CTs -- taking that bad information and creating theories

Both ends of the spectrum took a nose-dive on this one in my opinion. The only thing is Cooper has a national platform to push the blame squarely upon a certain group.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

MSM knows that CT are a big threat to controlling the Media War they have against the US citizens to keep them sheeple. When an ATS CT nails BenghaziGate long before a whistleblower spills the beans they should be concerned.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Kudos to IAMTAT.

edit on 1/12/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
So sitting there and having places online like oh hmm CLUESFORUM and people from there(or members here that read it and parrot them) ripping apart every aspect of our lives, and claiming absolute proof that every parent is an actor and no children really died is really starting to piss people off here... WAIT they will release a report at some point, that report will most likely have a lot better and more comprehensive information than the media..has had up to this point.. we can all wait a little while and see what they say, until then, this is all academic cow patties.

A personal note, think of New England as another country within the United States, it's an area that has since the formation of our country done things differently, and continues to this day... Keep that in mind when you start to question our motives and why we are so vehement in our defense of our fellow state citizens. It does not mean we dont' have questions, it means that the questions some are asking and parroting are just so out of line that it overrides the ones we have..

So it's local secrecy rather than the MSM that is ultimately at fault?
Well then, until that elusive report comes out-- no doubt cherry-picked for privacy into an indefinite delay-- get used to all of these outlandish theories, because they're going to be around for a good long while!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
How many conspiracies did Anderson Cooper himself participate in? Hypocrite much, Anderson?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

and I think the reason is simply that many can't accept that fact that there are crazy people out there.. there are people out there that are capable of horrible things.. it's almost incomprehensible ..

Sure, but why conveniently forget that many of these crazy people who historically have done horrible things often have worked themselves up into the highest offices of the land to commit their evil. Why do some people still have this simplistic naive view that goes against everything history has shown mankind, that people in positions of power plot constantly and often ruthlessly to kill and stamp out any opponents or competing agendas. Not EVERYTHING is a conspiracy. But MANY things are. And nowdays it's getting harder and harder (by design) to determine truth from fiction. Orwell was a genious or perhaps he was simply a prophet.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

If you want to talk about how bad the MSM is, should you not hold yourself to a higher standard? everyone on this site likes to claim they do, and then they do the exact same thing as the MSM.

Its shameful.

OK, I'm game.

Let's all figure out how to have a higher standard than the MSM.

And how do I achieve a higher standard?

Who sets this standard? You? The media? Clearly you don't see ME as capable of doing so.

My performance here is "shameful" so why don't you enlighten us as to when and how we can point out opinions without failing in your judgement?

The MSM can twist the truth and lie with impugnity but if I have an opinion I'm suddenly the knuckle dragger who has taken the low road and th MSM is pristine?

I should feel guilt and self loathing?

Do I need to berate everyone who has an opinion critical of the MSM?

Should I attack every conspiracy theory and simultaneously tell people how wonderful the MSM is?

Am I even allowed to have a say without being judged as not being of a high enough standard?

Obviously you feel that voicing a clear and concise opinion of the MSM is a sub par performance so how do I operate on a regular basis without falling to the gutterlike depths that you seem to think I've reached?

Enlighten me please oh wise one.

edit on 12-1-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

reply to post by miniatus

and I think the reason is simply that many can't accept that fact that there are crazy people out there.. there are people out there that are capable of horrible things.. it's almost incomprehensible ..

Sure, but why conveniently forget that many of these crazy people who historically have done horrible things often have worked themselves up into the highest offices of the land to commit their evil. Why do some people still have this simplistic naive view that goes against everything history has shown mankind, that people in positions of power plot constantly and often ruthlessly to kill and stamp out any opponents or competing agendas. Not EVERYTHING is a conspiracy. But MANY things are. And nowdays it's getting harder and harder (by design) to determine truth from fiction. Orwell was a genious or perhaps he was simply a prophet.

Crazy knows no bounds.. but the fact remains people around here, not everyone of course... tend to immediately point their fingers at government for virtually anything that has happened.. in fact they point fingers at government for things they THINK will happen.. the last olympics comes to mind.. so many threads on what they presumed the government was going to do as a false flag... then when it didn't happen, they patted themselves on the back for preventing it .. really? .. this tendency happens every single time something bad happens.. even if it's an earthquake or major storm... doesn't matter what it is ... the big bad government did it .. proof? who needs it .. and if there is "proof" it's usually not at all credible or verifiable .. that sort of thing makes us as a whole lose any legitimacy we might otherwise have to others outside of the circle that is us

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983
How many conspiracies did Anderson Cooper himself participate in? Hypocrite much, Anderson?

Only 100 percent of his air time.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Comparing the resources of MSM to citizen investigators is hardly fair. (even though I'm convinced most citizen investigators ask better questions and have less need to be comprimized.) Are people really asserting that these guys that have such huge budgets and people on the ground who supposedly do this full time can't do any better than to come out saying things like it was Adam's father who was killed in his home etc, rather than the mother. I mean really, where does one pull that out of?

That is just the tip of the iceberg. I've said it before and I highly encourage anyone who isn't familiar with the CIAs (and likely many other 3 letter agencies) infiltration and takeover of the media (Project Mockingbird) and now likely social media as well to read up and investigate just how far this rabbit hole goes. I sense the MO now is to create as much smoke and mirrors as possible INTENTIONALLY to keep anyone from actually being able to piece the REAL story together EVER, it will go down like the Kennedy assasination, an official absurd story, but that's all you get folks so run along and stop asking 'Un-American' questions-- you'll get a 'full' report eventually....maybe...someday...maybe---or well send the latest Cooper after you to call and label you obnoxious and insane.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join