It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper "Attacks" Conspiracy Theorists

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

The attack on conspiracy theory is laughable as the media is no more accurate about facts than most conspiracies.
They simply use coinciding events to back up their own preconceived notions and push their own existing agenda

Absolutely, star for you, the media and gov. mouthpieces can put out the most ridiculous non evidence based conspiracy theories and some lap it up like a starved dog and then demand anyone that has come to a different conclusion to prove otherwise. NO, first people need to see some ACTUAL proof of the conspiracy theory being floated by the usual MSM/gov. suspects then we can decide if it holds any water or if we need to keep looking.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It's hilarious when people that believe baseless conspiratoid fantasies call other people sheeple.

Might as well believe that Santa is real and the whole world is covering up his existence by telling you he's fake.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

I've seen people who use Santa the you just did get owned.

edit on 12-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
That's surprising that Anderson went after the conspiracy theorist who suggested that this may have been staged... They must have noticed that a lot of people have questioned the Sandy Hook Tragedy.

What I am wondering is what did Anderson present as evidence to prove the professor's theory is wrong? Does anyone know?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm sorry to say folks, sometimes we deserve the attacks... I say "we" since I participate in this forum, but quite a lot of the content here is beyond plausibility, people attack people.. if someone challenges a theory they are labeled a disinformation agent.. there's a lot of close mindedness... and it does tend to get way out of hand, especially in the context of the shootings..

I can't say I disagree with Anderson.. and I know I'll get flamed for that sentiment... so have at it .. I'm just being honest.
edit on 1/12/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
It's hilarious when people that believe baseless conspiratoid fantasies call other people sheeple.

Might as well believe that Santa is real and the whole world is covering up his existence by telling you he's fake.

Sure, I think using the word Sheeple should be left to be used mainly by those who have done their homework.

But most of these people though that believe in all the baseless conspiratoid fantasies spewed out by Mockingbird presstitutes and puppet actors use terms like tin foil hat and paranoid etc. lol it is pretty funny.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111

This is the reason why ATS cracked down on the more extreme Sandy Hook theories. ATS doesn't want negative publicity...and to be honest, it is quite interesting that ATS was not talked about during this video (considering this is like the biggest website out there for conspiracies).

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
That's surprising that Anderson went after the conspiracy theorist who suggested that this may have been staged... They must have noticed that a lot of people have questioned the Sandy Hook Tragedy.

What I am wondering is what did Anderson present as evidence to prove the professor's theory is wrong? Does anyone know?

How about 20 dead kids and a lot of sadness for starters..

Don't start..

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I'm sorry to say folks, sometimes we deserve the attacks... I say "we" since I participate in this forum, but quite a lot of the content here is beyond plausibility, people attack people.. if someone challenges a theory they are labeled a disinformation agent.. there's a lot of close mindedness... and it does tend to get way out of hand, especially in the context of the shootings..

I can't say I disagree with Anderson.. and I know I'll get flamed for that sentiment... so have at it .. I'm just being honest.

So you don`t blame Cooper and his associates for all the false news reported or what was not reported

That is not what this thread is about but how is it that he can jump over all of his own mistakes to point out others.

That was a personal blog, not a news broadcast.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FirstCasualty

So you don`t blame Cooper and his associates for all the false news reported or what was not reported

That is not what this thread is about but how is it that he can jump over all of his own mistakes to point out others.

If false news was reported, and anyone has evidence of that.. of course he has blame that is on him.. that's accountability, but in the same respect .. many here in these forums make up theories based on lack of information, baseless.. without facts.. where's that accountability? it's not so different.. and it bleeds over into disrespectful quite often... I tried to make a peaceful thread on the topic and it quickly turned into rabid dogs fighting each other.. closed down instantly.. I got a ton of private messages thanking me for my attempt at civility, even by the mod who shut it down.. but sometimes it seems we are incapable of critical thinking and respect.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic

Don't start..

The kids identified by photograph and removed from the scene in the middle of the night

Ya... Don`t start.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Don't start..

The kids identified by photograph and removed from the scene in the middle of the night

Ya... Don`t start.

And this is exactly what I am talking about.

You all are to blame for the way conspiracy theorists are viewed. Never forget that.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

And this is exactly what I am talking about.

You all are to blame for the way conspiracy theorists are viewed. Never forget that.

My sentiments exactly.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I'll keep saying it-we HAVE to be better than this. If not, we are no better than the MSM.

I'm going to assume that by "we", you are discussing yourself and the pet mouse in your shirt pocket.

Comparing the odd conspiracy theorist to the MSM is like comparing a rubber duck to an aircraft carrier.

As far as Sandy Hook goes, pretty much everyone involved is guilty not of an agenda but of having absolutely no accountability or class at all. The MSM has chosen to make all of this a public issue for ratings, not the private citizen.

edit on 12-1-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

If false news was reported, and anyone has evidence of that.. of course he has blame that is on him.. that's accountability, but in the same respect .. many here in these forums make up theories based on lack of information, baseless.. without facts.. where's that accountability? it's not so different.. and it bleeds over into disrespectful quite often... I tried to make a peaceful thread on the topic and it quickly turned into rabid dogs fighting each other.. closed down instantly.. I got a ton of private messages thanking me for my attempt at civility, even by the mod who shut it down.. but sometimes it seems we are incapable of critical thinking and respect.

I agree fully. Accountability is key. If the news were accountable to the things that were reported and why everyone is confused then it would squash a lot of this speculation.

They are forgetting the fact that they reported the wrong shooter, they wrong guns, the wrong car, how many arrests were made. They are not holding that overweight state trooper on the mic accountable for saying they did not apprehend anyone when the video shows they did. THEY are the cause of all the confusion and now they are standing back pointing fingers shaking their heads because we all got half ass info that started to change bit by bit over the course of the next month.

I cant honestly say i know what happened that day and Mr. Cooper isn`t helping.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

I'll keep saying it-we HAVE to be better than this. If not, we are no better than the MSM.

I'm going to assume that by "we", you are discussing yourself and the pet mouse in your shirt pocket.

Comparing the odd conspiracy theorist to the MSM is like comparing a rubber duck to an aircraft carrier.

It is actually a very valid comparison... we as a collective have to make sure we represent ourselves properly or ideas can't take flight, they will be limited to the fringe .. I'm not saying even a quarter of the ideas that get posted around here are valid .. but some of them are.. the problem is the gems get drowned out by the noise.. the in-fighting.. the bad way that we present ourselves in media ( thanks Alex Jones ) .. you may not like it, but we are we .. all of us included.. even if I disagree with many of you, I am honored be be part of the collective..

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

No, by we I mean all of us that would like to find truth. The 'odd' conspiracy theorist is being used. So many are playing into it. SO many dont understand that they are being used as controlled opposition, and so many of you defend doing it. Its truly sad.

If you want to talk about how bad the MSM is, should you not hold yourself to a higher standard? everyone on this site likes to claim they do, and then they do the exact same thing as the MSM.

Its shameful.

On top of that, People HAVE to understand that we, as theorists, are under very heavy scrutiny these days. We HAVE to be more meticulous in how we look at things, or it will NEVER be taken seriously, period, as is shown by the OP. We can make 99 great points, but if the 100th is fringe, baseless, lunacy, all of those 99 points are disregarded.

Can you not see that? Can you not see that if we want to find truth, we have to question our theories, less they be shrugged off as lunacy?

Again, you all are being used.
edit on 12-1-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Don't start..

Ya... Don`t start.

By order of Governor Malloy and the State Legislative Leaders to avoid exactly what you would think, to keep pictures of dead children off our airwaves in the state. It wasn't done for everyone else who has to find a conspiracy in a can of peanut butter, it was done for US the residents of Connecticut who really didn't need to, nor are we asking to see the bodies of 20 dead children.. Is that good enough for you? If not tough..

Gods... it's amazing, from 9/11 to this, to now Kern County everyone is in such an anti government knot that everything HAS to be staged, a coverup or worse.. Sometimes, a flower is just that a flower, and I think people have lost sight of that in all of this..

It's ok to be mad at our government, heaven knows, they deserve the Anger that the American people are dishing out at them daily, they are the biggest group of incompetent morons known to mankind, but not everything is their doing.

You should have seen the faces in Hartford the day after that shooting, you should have seen our state reps and Senators just totally dumbfounded that such a thing could happen here, the reaction was shock, not "It didn't happen" but shock, plain, simple and to the point.

Channel 61 (or 30 I can't remember right now it was on the radio the next day) tried to get a reporter into the room where the bodies were, that station took HEAT from the CITIZENS of Connecticut for that stunt, we were supporting our own. Does it piss me off that now our state is being lumped in with the 9/11 crowd? YES.. And I will state it again, the first time some idiot goes to the door of one of these families, and accuses them of being an actor, I can guarantee you that they will have to hold that person in protective custody because 99.9% of this state would be out for blood.

Does that mean that conspiracies don't exist, of course not, they are an inevatible part of government and life. Just whispering to friend of yours to sneak out after curfew is technically a conspiracy, but noone questions those small ones...

It just shows, as a society we have to stop being reactionary (which is all this digging into peoples PRIVATE lives is, whether it be Aurora, or Sandy Hook, or Kern County, or 9/11) and be more proactive as a society..

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I agree fully. Accountability is key. If the news were accountable to the things that were reported and why everyone is confused then it would squash a lot of this speculation.

They are forgetting the fact that they reported the wrong shooter, they wrong guns, the wrong car, how many arrests were made. They are not holding that overweight state trooper on the mic accountable for saying they did not apprehend anyone when the video shows they did. THEY are the cause of all the confusion and now they are standing back pointing fingers shaking their heads because we all got half ass info that started to change bit by bit over the course of the next month.

I cant honestly say i know what happened that day and Mr. Cooper isn`t helping.

You're very right about that.. most news agencies did that.. and unfortunately it happens A LOT because they are like animals fighting over information scraps .. News has really always been that way.. they want to scoop the other news outlets by being the first to get things out.. and when something like THIS happens.. the first agency to misreport things is usually to blame.. the others frantically re-circulate what they think they missed and it spreads like fire.. they boned up quite a few things in the early hours, or even days.. of this event.

I can't disagree there... but we also have to be accountable .. or even set an example

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Don't start..

Ya... Don`t start.

ABSOLUTELY these are exactly the kind of questions that need answers. Good grief what is wrong with people??? Why are people so gutless and cowed down that they fear even asking reasonable questions. THAT IMo is what allows 9-11 style BS ops to destroy this country a FEAR of confronting evil or that their warm and fuzzy view of a world ran by a benevolent Nanny might be shattered and they would have to face up to the fact most of what they believd in their whole lives was a fantasy.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join