It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper "Attacks" Conspiracy Theorists

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Buzz Aldrin smacked a guy in the face that told him the moon landing was fake.

How do you know it wasn't a psy-op ? I jest. But if this is true and I got to see it ? I would be on the floor .

See stuff like that just presents giant opportunities in my view. How could an editor for the MSM not want to cease upon that happening ? I would have to set the guy up for a major interview. The guy who got smacked in the face by Buzz Aldrin.

Classic ! His mom never taught him to look both ways before crossing a street .

edit on 12-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by oxjondoexo

I know he was wacked... but for disclosing... what exactly?

Thanks

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by oxjondoexo

Btw that JFK quote is referring to communists. Not what you think. See here:
www.presidency.ucsb.edu - 153 - Address "The President and the Press" Before the American Newspaper Publishers Association, New York City...

At least, not what I think you're implying.

Just cherry picking history to make conspiracy theorists look smart.

Do yourself a favor and research it fully.
edit on 12-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
2013 will the year MSM tries to make conspiracy theorist sound nuts. Its fear

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

EDIT: I see another has shown the classic vid, my bad.
You've never seen that video? Classic and good for Mr Aldrin. Punch at 1:35 in and a nice slo mo replay after that.

edit on 12-1-2013 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by solizer
2013 will the year MSM tries to make conspiracy theorist sound nuts. Its fear

Its nothing new, and they dont have to try that hard. Just get the most verbal, fringe ones (AJ) to do it for them.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I watched this yesterday and I notice something that I haven't seen Cooper do before, stutter!, he stuttered the entire time he spoke of this segment and when he moved on to another topic other then the conspiracy he was professional again.

and he left out sooo much more of the story.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

At least, not what I think you're implying.

I think this is arguable at best. It is said that that the speech is about Russian society or something like that / But if you just listen to the speech. It smacks openly about the repugnance of secret societies in America and it just doesn't get more plain then that Johnny.

reply to post by topherman420

Perfect.
And no I hadn't seen that before.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

by staged do they mean actors or mkultra ?

Things like MkUltra. It is widely know that three-letters agency train "islamist" and other kind of terrorists to promote agenda.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
For some reason CNN really feels threatened by the average person analyzing facts on their own. It’s about control (and ratings which = $$). THEY want to be the ones who tell the little people the facts and conclusions.

This is a very clear issue that the MSM does not want the average person to realize.
The media attacks those that think for themselves. Not because they are wrong but because the individual is expected to shut up and accept the MSM as the authority on what is real and what to think.

The attack on conspiracy theory is laughable as the media is no more accurate about facts than most conspiracies.
They simply use coinciding events to back up their own preconceived notions and push their own existing agenda.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

He's most certainly talking about communism in large part.

If you look at the rest of his speeches and the events of that time you'll get it.

Also note the reference to the cold war in the text of the speech.

If you don't know what I mean or don't want to be bothered, it's here:

Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed. It conducts the Cold War, in short, with a war-time discipline no democracy would ever hope or wish to match.

Note, if you haven't already, that I added the exact link to the speech.

I'll put it here and just repeat it:
www.presidency.ucsb.edu - 153 - Address "The President and the Press" Before the American Newspaper Publishers Association, New York City...
edit on 12-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

Originally posted by 1/2 Nephilim
reply to post by Superhans

Who, pray tell, is that charming looking fellow in your avatar? What a great smile.

might be my father

what? you don't know who that is?
...and might be your father? I hope you only kidding

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Thank you Johnny for your trouble but I've been down that road before with Rising against and after looking at the whole puppy. I think it is just as I said. Arguable at best. I came away unconvinced of exactly what he was referring to, because if you consider that the POTUS was being discrete for the obvious reasons ? That conclusion falls back to arguable. That's my verdict tho. I don't expect everyone to see it like that.

SnF to the OP for a damn good thread.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by Tecumte

Questioning a story is one thing. These fringe, baseless, evidenceless, factless 'theories' are a whole other. Its one thing to ask a question. its a whole other to claim this question as fact, and base your entire line of thinking on it.

You all are being played. You're being spoon fed. Everybody likes to scream that the MSM is all lies (and I dont necessarily disagree), but then they cling to these theories without even trying to prove them true. Even in this thread, you have people defending some of these theories. And the thing is, they are being used as controlled opposition. Its happened time and time again, and people keep doing it.

It saddens me to see so many WILLFULLY jumping into the trap with two feet.

I'm not really sure what you mean by your reply. Your "These fringe, baseless, evidenceless, factless 'theories' " comment makes me wonder are you talking about the Mockingbird press incredible theories or ones made by independent citizens??? We should really make this point clear. A 'conspiracy theory' can equally be made by the press, by gov. issue (but I repeat myself) or by The People. ALL of these THEORIES are in reality conspiracy theories.

The CFR elitist's controlled press gets NO free ride from me as to their conspiracy theory being any more accurate than the next person's and often LESS as they have a reason and a history to manipulate. THEY offfer no proof and so many people are willing to accept their conspiracy theory without question and any competing ones as having to provide the only 'proof'. Sorry it no longer works like that post 9-11, I wouldn't be surprised to see footage where the media was at SH an hour befor any shooting practicing their story in advance. It's happened before.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
im glad people are waking up

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

I think you are missing my point, or interpreting it as though I am saying we should not quesiton the MSM. Thats absolutely NOT what I am saying.

90% of the Sandy hook theories have absolutely ZERO evidence to back them. They are nothing more that somebody, somewhere, thinking out loud, and people grabbing on and rolling with it. There is a difference between truth seeking, and simply stating something, such as "they are actors", and then NEVER producing a single piece of evidence to back it up.

Again, we HAVE to be better than that. If not, we are no better than the MSM.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It's truly sad that we are all being demonized by this. In my mind, they are trying to say that because we use this example:

A. The most outrageous conjecture that has almost no credible true evidence, and is considered way out there even within conspiracy circles.

THAT

B. ALL opinions and theories that are not EXACTLY as we state are outrageous, ludicrous, and shameful lies spread by complete lunatics.

It is pretty plain to see that MSM wants to deny others thier 1st amendment rights. The people making claims and theories based on no evidence or circumstantial evidence at best are discredited, as should be. However, we are all now being painted with the same brush, regardless of whether our theories have merit or not, and that is a true crime and a real shame.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If i wanted to hear Anderson Coopers personal feelings I would sign on to his blog

When will he report the news and answer questions about the incident (question mark -its broke)

I cant express how frustrating it is to hear a news reporter give his personal feelings about others theories on stories that he will no longer report the news on. Him and his fellow news reporters are the reason that this story has the holes in it that theorists jump into to.

Maybe if he did his job as a reporter there would be strong evidence AGAINST these theories.

But since the police TOLD the parents their child has been identified rather than letting them see them
and the police TOLD the news what is to be reported... oh ya with a handy news brief leaflet that had so nicely prepared... I guess THEORISTS are the only ones left that are even willing to look for answers.

The parents have obviously bowed out from searching for the truth, so it is up to you ATS!!! Bring light to this dark confusion

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by Daughter2
For some reason CNN really feels threatened by the average person analyzing facts on their own. It’s about control (and ratings which = $$). THEY want to be the ones who tell the little people the facts and conclusions.

This is a very clear issue that the MSM does not want the average person to realize.
The media attacks those that think for themselves. Not because they are wrong but because the individual is expected to shut up and accept the MSM as the authority on what is real and what to think.

The attack on conspiracy theory is laughable as the media is no more accurate about facts than most conspiracies.
They simply use coinciding events to back up their own preconceived notions and push their own existing agenda.

While I dont disagree with you for the most part, lets remember one thing: It is a two way street. We, as theorists, demean and disregard the msm. We demonize them. And rightfully so.

but then we turn around and get upset when they do the same thing to us, even though it is from within our own ranks that the ammunition comes.

It works both ways.

I'll keep saying it-we HAVE to be better than this. If not, we are no better than the MSM.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Clearly you care because you took the time to explain your feelings to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join