Anderson Cooper "Attacks" Conspiracy Theorists

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Whats truly sad is that people dont understand that we are being played. The media KNOWS that there will be fringe lunatics out there to spew nonsense theories. They just wait for them and latch on. And so many on this site and elsewhere play into it. Hook, line, and sinker.

Ive been almost begging people to be smarter than this. To realize the scope of what is happening. But people are far too enamored with the idea of becoming the next big thing that they dont consider what they are actually doing.

WE HAVE TO BE SMARTER THAN THIS, PEOPLE! WE HAVE TO REALIZE THAT WE ARE BEING PLAYED, JUST THE SAME AS THOSE THAT ACCEPT THE MSM LINE.

But people wont. They will continue to cling to nonsense, without providing any of the burdon of proof that comes with these things. And they will continue to alienate our culture.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

"Sick...ignorant,, paranoid,,obnoxious...bored... insane,,,brainless..." lol, stop asking questions, just accept the official story (or lack of one), what's wrong with you?, how can you doubt?, you're insulting the dead, lol whatever. we've heard it all before, too many times. No ACTUALLY False Flags CAN be staged, aided, abetted, provoked, instigated, etc. and I'm still leaning more toward the possibility SH is simply one more in a long long long line of other synthetic events. This doesn't mean nobody died, but when we get some actual factual details we can more fully try to acess exactly what really happened.

You proved my point, brainless! Thanks

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Any publicity is good publicity. Strange that the network would give it airtime. Perhaps because this obvious hoax is the most followed conspiracy at the moment......except here, that is.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I don't think 9/11 was staged. I've commented a couple dozen times on that. I normally hold a very skeptical outlook on conspiracies. My main reason for being on this site is because it's a great method to locate recent news and I also like to explore philosophy and science.

My take on this is I wouldn't want to remove the right for people to believe that 9/11 was a conspiracy and to comment about it on forums. While I disagree wiht them, I think it's a human right.

Similarly, it's a human right to hold opposing opinions about Sandy Hook. It doesn't matter whether they're rational opinions or whether they're based on thorough fact checking. If people could only have opinions that're based on facts and do not cherry pick then we wouldn't have religions and all of the national(ist) propoganda would have to be eliminated and politics would have to be prevented from spinning the facts and so on and so forth. Opinions often are not fair and/or factual.

Until these conspiracy theorists actually commit a crime just live and let live. Now if we can prove that conspiracy theorists routinely hurt others then we have a case against them. Perhaps conspiracies are a freedom that's too great for the average person. So maybe in order for people to voice a conspiracy theory they would have to get a "Conspiracy Theorist" license by registering for one. This would allow government to prevent the wrong people from spreading conspiracies.

This is principally a information war for the minds of our youth and others. What we have is a world filled with "groups" that're trying to win the war, so it's in their favor. Hillary Clinton has commented about how they're losing ground on educating people and keeping them up to date. I believe ATS is a small actor in this war, so I really see no sizable threat. I doubt she does either. Remember, it's the information that you absorb that's going to have a big influence on your opinions. If you're getting most of your information from ATS, you'll be given an impression about the world that's paranoid. Contrastingly, if you only get it from CNN or FOX news, it'll be very nationalist in character. Some people believe that US news is the most accurate, but I don't think so. I think that all news channels that're national in origin will be prejudiced. The key is to have a broad information pool. More specifically, the goal is not to be a member of any single "group" that's fighting in this war.
edit on 12-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
People who believe the Sandy Hook massacre was staged piss me off.

I don't much like the antigun stuff that was since emanated from the tragedy, but I chalk that up to run of the mill political opportunists. They are everywhere.

But the whole notion that it was staged to ban guns.
That the victims were actors and that they deserve to
have quotation marks around the word "victims" as though
real people aren't suffering is sickening to me.

Sometimes conspiracy theory nut jobs go too far.

Why does it piss you off that people are searching for truth amidst a sea of inconsistent statements? Why aren't you pissed that the person in charge of the investigation is threatening to arrest people for utilizing their first amendment rights? Why aren't you pissed that an entire aspect of this story is not allowed to be talked about, whether right or wrong?

I would love to know what your definition of a "nut job" is, is it anybody who doesn't swallow down the official story? The people that have eyes to see know what is happening here, nobody wants to be seen as a "nut job", so it pushes people back to conformity. I think that the people who keep using derogatory names towards others need to take a look in the mirror.

I'm pissed too, but i'm pissed about all those kids being viciously murdered, and I want the facts of who did it and why. I have a six year old boy and it rips my heart out to see what happened, and to imagine what it must be like to have the same thing happen to him is unthinkable. I also think that if it did happen to him it would be my life's mission to get to the bottom of what transpired. Call me whatever name you want!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Many so called smoking guns have been found time and time again and it is THIS that if pursued will lead to the truth, not ignoring them, and not because people like Cooper and his ilk are paid to tell you what ever changing 'truth' is at the moment.

I personally find it sad that on a site like this that a simple thread that asks the simple question "Was Sandy Hook a Drill" can't be asked especially in this post 9-11 climate. There could be many variations of this theoretcial drill, perhaps as simple as having paid people stand in for the victims families that didn't want to be on camera. Nobody is saying I don't think, that it had to be 100% staged, only that parts of it may have been enhanced or buried just like on many other occasions.

I think this could be very informative. If there really are questions along this line, just like any other tragedy with so many unanswered questions, why not try and help people find answers rather than simply trying to shout them down with name calling and even banning their questions. IF they ask with REAL intent and in a reasonably acceptable way it would be helpful in advancing TRUTH to get these questions reasonably resolved. Perhaps people have legitimate answers too. That would be great. We could deny ignorance together and maybe help push TRUTH forward.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
conspiracy theory attempts to do two things ;

1) shift blame to the usual suspects that are part of the conspiracy enthusiasts already existing world view regardless of facts or evidence

2) make order from chaos. it's a much less scary world if there are not insane people who would murder 20 children for no reason. if we could only stop those 3 evil white men who run the illuminati we would all be saved !!!

back in 2005 there was some good discussion around here

now without fail, every event is a false flag mkultra, no exceptions

yes I realize this is a conspiracy site, but the vocal nutters have drowned out the folks who are just asking questions. we went from no planes to no victims

I'd like to see the "critical thinkers" demand credentials and evidence and facts and third party corroboration even if something supports the conspiracy position

that would ne nice

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth
reply to post by Tecumte

"Sick...ignorant,, paranoid,,obnoxious...bored... insane,,,brainless..." lol, stop asking questions, just accept the official story (or lack of one), what's wrong with you?, how can you doubt?, you're insulting the dead, lol whatever. we've heard it all before, too many times. No ACTUALLY False Flags CAN be staged, aided, abetted, provoked, instigated, etc. and I'm still leaning more toward the possibility SH is simply one more in a long long long line of other synthetic events. This doesn't mean nobody died, but when we get some actual factual details we can more fully try to acess exactly what really happened.

You proved my point, brainless! Thanks

Brainless, lol, ok whatever..

But you're quite welcome. And thank you as well.

I would say actually rather reading your thoughtful response and silly name calling proved MY point as I was expecting. You guys are so predictable.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This isn't surprising.

There was likely, eventually to be a media backlash on the asinine claims that this event was "hoaxed", "staged", that the kids and parents were "actors", that the witnesses were "actors", that the kids were "satanists", that the witnesses were "pedophiles" etc.

Wait till it breaks that the parents and witnesses got calls and threats etc from people who told them they were acting and that people were sifting through private information to try and prove their "conspiracy"

I watched all of that stuff unfold and you know what struck me about it the most? People were so desperate to be the ones who broke some sort of gun grab conspiracy that they put their own need to keep a gun in front of common decency and the thoughts and feelings of 26 families who lost loved ones

People put their guns before grief.

Shameful.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
something is def up when they send agent anderson in to attack these "conspiracy theorists" .. why show that guys home? are they trying to scare him or what, they want the whole world to know this guy and where he lives, he is gonna have to move i imagine..

Im so disgusted at all the bs we are being feed. i cant help but yell out loud sometimes saying WTF!!! We have ears, eyes, brains and common sense is on our side, be brave and dont fear those that seek to maintain their slipping control..

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

back in 2005 there was some good discussion around here

now without fail, every event is a false flag mkultra, no exceptions

Can you please enlighten me to the conspiracy theory of the Portland mall shooting? How about the Wisconsin Sikh shooting? Or finally how about the man who killed the firefighters? None of those have the inconsistencies that Aurora or Sandy Hook have, hence the conspiracy theories. Blanket statements like you make are intellectually dishonest at best.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Honestly, why does anyone give a darn about anything Anderson Cooper says? Does this mean that some of you are actually still watching some of these "news" channels? The sooner you realize that stations such as CNN are nothing but paid advertisers for pushing government opinion control agendas the better off we will all be. They exist only to program the mindless masses with whatever serves the governmental hidden agenda of the week. I stopped watching any of them ages ago. I guess the old "divide and conquer" strategy is still holding onto it's record of success!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I agree it's really warped for somebody to ignore the dead children and the agony and to exist on the surface of it all while harboring a conspiracy inside their mind that's so lopsided.

It's like somebody saying reality isn't real and only they're real. Like a child that has an imaginary friend. I've heard that this is related to dissociative disorder or depersonalization disorder.

Here:
en.wikipedia.org - Dissociative disorder...
en.wikipedia.org - Depersonalization disorder...

The core symptom of depersonalization disorder is the subjective experience of "unreality in one's sense of self",[10] and as such there are no clinical signs. Patients who suffer from depersonalization also experience an almost uncontrollable urge to question and think about the nature of reality and existence as well as other deep philosophical questions.

It's hard to entertain some of these conspiracies without thinking it's mental illness. There're many kinds of disorders and I'm sure there'll eventually be one for conspiracy theorists.

EDIT: In fact, I think there's one for those who're anti-establishment. Forget its name. And btw they know why teenagers are so unruly. It's because their brains are still developing. I don't think it requires a genius to suspect that perhaps something similar happens with those who're anti-establishment. Rather than developing, though, their brain is maldeveloped.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Honestly, after watching and listening to the comments and characterizations made - I was *personally, speaking as a member* so PROUD that ATS has come out vocally and strong in holding the line on trying to keep the Sandy Hook craziness to a minimum.

Speaking as one of those crazies potentially. Even I was glad to see an oppressive hammer fall. It was right on time and as a first, was welcomed be my persona.
edit on 12-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I don't think 9/11 was staged. I've commented a couple dozen times on that. I normally hold a very skeptical outlook on conspiracies. My main reason for being on this site is because it's a great method to locate recent news and I also like to explore philosophy and science.

I absolutely believe 9-11 was enacted to allow PNACs agenda of toppling the mid east dominoes for pipeline routes, minerals, geopolitical goals, currency manipulation, huge profits for insiders and bases. I belive it's absolutely dangerous to NOT realize the deeper goals and actors in these international power plays and to stcik with the gov issue stick figure conspiracy theories given to the herd by gov issue mouth pieces. But I would likely never call you obnoxious, insane,delusional, paranoid, etc. because you believed in a conspiracy theory where cave dwellers defeated all U.S. systems and attacked us cause they 'hate our freedoms'. You have a right to believe that if you wish.

As far as Hillary Clinton and Cass Sunstein I really believe it is THESE people that are dangerous to a Free Republic, if I recall it appeared Mt. Sunstein was kicking around the idea where only the Ministry of Truth version of events would be 'legal' and targeting those who didn't accept Big Brother's story as complete gospel.

And I wonder if Hillary has ever picked up a copy of Ambrose Evans Pritchard's book "The Secret Life of Bill Clinton". From what I know Mr. Pritchard is a fairly accomplished writer and researcher often appering in MSM sources. He talks about and lays out well 'conspiracies' like the alleged CIA? drug running to Mena Ark. up through both Bush Jr.s Texas and into Clinton's Arkansas and the trail of deaths and people on the payroll all the way from LE to a head medical examiner. Is he just lying? How could he get away with that and not be sued into oblivion if it's all just 'conspiracy theory and lies'. The book appears well sourced and many of the people in the mess ended up dead. I believe this one book tells many things that are simply one VERY small part of an extremely corrupt and out of control microcosm of what''s really happening. Maybe Anderson Cooper could have him on the show to discuss the book. Would be a great conversation starter don't you think?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver
I believe we have so many conspiracy theorists in the world because the Media has failed us. Phone hacking scandals,hatchet jobs,twisted opinions,details purposely omitted,sitting on important news just because the gov asks you to,embellishments,faked photos. Why should we believe anything the media reports?

You shouldn't.

You would have to be a fool to trust someone who LIES CONSTANTLY.

Rule of thumb, whatever the media claims, the opposite is more likely the truth.
Doesn't always apply, but it does more so than it doesn't.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I don't think questioning the media or investigating crimes are shameful.

I do find using shame to taboo opinions as shameful though.
Especially in this day and age.

It's apparent what happened, pressure.
Fear of ridicule.

Afraid to speak what one may really think, in fear of unjust retribution.
That is what is really shameful about all of this.

Censorship on grounds it is offensive.....

Might as well get our caskets ready because we are already dead. Pity.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

That's right. I don't even believe their weather for casts anymore.

Staged ? I see no reason to even think such a thing. Why would anyone think this way.

Just because something is possible doesn't mean that it's doable ?

Staged ? Not a chance. Possible, not probable. Psy-oped ? Definitely.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Buzz Aldrin smacked a guy in the face that told him the moon landing was fake. Probably for the same reason people get mad when they get calls about "Are you an actor for psyops?"

It's the reason debunkers exist. They want to punch the BS out there.

If my child just died and I got a call like that, I'd want to smack em too.

+1 for Buzz Aldrin.

You can see it here if you fast forward to 2:54:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Questioning a story is one thing. These fringe, baseless, evidenceless, factless 'theories' are a whole other. Its one thing to ask a question. its a whole other to claim this question as fact, and base your entire line of thinking on it.

You all are being played. You're being spoon fed. Everybody likes to scream that the MSM is all lies (and I dont necessarily disagree), but then they cling to these theories without even trying to prove them true. Even in this thread, you have people defending some of these theories. And the thing is, they are being used as controlled opposition. Its happened time and time again, and people keep doing it.

It saddens me to see so many WILLFULLY jumping into the trap with two feet.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join