It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper "Attacks" Conspiracy Theorists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DylanShaft17

They just sealed some more records and extended the seal another 90 days. Lamesauce.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Personally speaking, I don't give a dam what the ratings sliding new organization called CNN has to say.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

I agree 100%, and I can not forget the biggest one of my lifetime "weapons of mass destruction" in Iraq. Which I think we can for the most part throw out the window. I remember Anderson and all of the like shoving that down our throats.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

Well only the one little girl survived..

That kids accuracy is worth questioning though. The kid who survived wasn't even wounded and that seems strange to me. He efficiently killed everyone else and purposely left her, 1 person, why?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
And this, RIGHT HERE, is why I screamed so loudly when all of the baseless, factless, evidence-less theories started floating around. This RIGHT HERE, is exactly what I told people they would do.

The media will cling to the asinine theories, and use it to disparage and deface an entire culture of theorists. It is the reason that I still contend that some of those spreading such 'theories' are of the shill variety.

Job well done

Well put and it saves me the effort of typing an involved thing.

When some in a community choose to blather in outlandish ways on a very very high profile thing ... people tend to make judgements about the whole community. Yeah, this has hurt as I'm sure a few of us were fearing it would.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
“The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people” (Martin Luther King).

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I saw it. It was fairly condemning.

I was amused by the comments of Jonathan Kay, a writer who has studied the conspiracy theorist phenomenon:

fullcomment.nationalpost.com...

He's a strong critic of the 9/11 Truth Movement. Can't say I blame him there... LOL!

On the AC360, he divided us into two groups, "Fire-brands" and "Cranks". Firebrands are college-aged and anti-establishment...Cranks are older, typically male and like to unravel mysteries.

Honestly, after watching and listening to the comments and characterizations made - I was *personally, speaking as a member* so PROUD that ATS has come out vocally and strong in holding the line on trying to keep the Sandy Hook craziness to a minimum.

edit on 1/11/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

So according to this guy, I'm "a crank"?

“The conspiracy community regularly seizes on one slip of the tongue, misunderstanding or slight discrepancy to defeat 20 pieces of solid evidence; accepts one witness of theirs, even if he or she is a provable nut, as being far more credible than 10 normal witnesses on the other side; treats rumours, even questions, as the equivalent of proof; leaps from the most minuscule of discoveries to the grandest of conclusions; and insists, as the late lawyer Louis Nizer once observed, that the failure to explain everything perfectly negates all that is explained.”

Erm, let me word that better:

A free thinker has the ability to weigh up the evidence and decide for themselves what to believe and what not to believe.

Yeah, that about covers it, as Louis Nizer did say, "the failure to explain everything perfectly negates all that is explained.”, how ironic that someone guilty of that can quote it, in amongst a babbling waffle of tripe of course.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
And this, RIGHT HERE, is why I screamed so loudly when all of the baseless, factless, evidence-less theories started floating around. This RIGHT HERE, is exactly what I told people they would do.

The media will cling to the asinine theories, and use it to disparage and deface an entire culture of theorists. It is the reason that I still contend that some of those spreading such 'theories' are of the shill variety.

Job well done

It wouldn't have mattered Captain. However conservative you tried to keep it, the moment you disagree with the official story, no matter how much evidence you may or may not have, the reaction would be the same from the mainstream. We've seen it over and over, time and time again.

And if you don't give them enough, they'll just take what you do give them, and blow it out of proportion. So you'll still be a nutcase just for being on this site, and scrutinizing the "facts".
edit on 1/11/2013 by Klassified because: Corrections

edit on 1/11/2013 by Klassified because: Clarity

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The biggest thing about this is that children are involved in this. It makes anyone who questions this as being staged look insensitive and mentally ill, and that is just what TPTB want.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The biggest thing about this is that children are involved in this. It makes anyone who questions this as being staged look insensitive and mentally ill, and that is just what TPTB want.

Wrong.

The biggest thing is that the basic reports and data needed to begin figuring out what happened here aren't in the public domain yet.

They will be, but they aren't yet. When they are... Oley! and wave the red flag to the bulls, I have no doubt. However, until that basic data that forms the picture of any crime and investigation IS available, the story is to the point of stories about writing stories. It's a dead horse for awhile unless something measurably NEW happens, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
CNN can suck my big toe!

CNN FAKE SET:

All MSM plays it's viewers for a fool:

If Journalist were genuine and not manipulated, We would not need to fill in the holes in every bloody "Official Story"

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

For some reason CNN really feels threatened by the average person analyzing facts on their own. It’s about control (and ratings which = $$). THEY want to be the ones who tell the little people the facts and conclusions.

This statement clearly outlines the problem...what FACTS do you have about anything related to Sandy Hoo? Were you there? Did you gather evidence from the scene of the crime? How are you going to analyze anything when all you have is bupkus?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If anything this should give alternative theories MORE CREDIT once AC (ex-CIA) comes to the podium slandering them.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Do I really care that Anderson Cooper and his minions are pointing the finger at us for questioning?
Not even a little. It reassures me of the possibility we're onto something..

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
If you question the authorities story, you will be ridiculed, punished.

Such a tragedy. To have so many little lives snuffed out and then to have their deaths politicized by so many.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neuralimplants

Saw this on a page earlier, pretty succinct, lots of information covered on this topic:

Evidence: Sandy Hook School Shooting Staged by Factions of US Government and Mainstream Media?

Anyways, once you uncover their belief system, everything becomes a lot clearer: cuttingedge.org...

Look where their belief system is bringing them- to chipping and torturing people who question their authority: mindtorture.com
edit on 11-1-2013 by neuralimplants because: broken link

edit on 11-1-2013 by neuralimplants because: broken link again

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
With so much media attention put on conspiracy theorists recently, does anyone think this could also be a good thing for communities such as ATS? I'm sure there are vast waves of people who will take Anderson Cooper and Piers Morgan at face value, but surely there are still some who will be curious enough to seek for themselves?

I'm fairly new here, but is it possible to compare the incidences of recent conspiracy theories (9/11 staging and Sandy Hook) being publicized with google search results or new ATS members? It seems to me that there have been many new intro threads recently, could there be a connection?

Or maybe I'm just trying to see a silver lining?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
reply to post by Daughter2

For some reason CNN really feels threatened by the average person analyzing facts on their own. It’s about control (and ratings which = $$). THEY want to be the ones who tell the little people the facts and conclusions.

This statement clearly outlines the problem...what FACTS do you have about anything related to Sandy Hoo? Were you there? Did you gather evidence from the scene of the crime? How are you going to analyze anything when all you have is bupkus?

Well part of the analyzing is determining what is bupkus.

Do you think analysis is "better" when people just believe what is presented by the MSM? On the internet, you can get hundreds of people looking at a situations. Of course there will be some bad theories along with good theories. If you read a thread, most people will be able to tell when something isn't supported.

If you read your history it's not a silly concept to think the media spins and suppresses facts for the government. People in power have always tried to control the media.

A few bad internet theories are not as dangerous as an unchecked and unchallenged media.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
free thinking.......

challanging.......

critical thinking......

really ?

all I see is non-conformity for the sake of it, which of course is the worst form of conformity

every OS is a lie, regardless of the source or verifiable facts 100% of the time and everything is a conspiracy

any claim that supports the conspiracy view point is accepted blindy with no challenge or vetting

baaaa
baaaa

that's not having your eyes open

that's just following a different sheppard
edit on 11-1-2013 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

This coming from a KNOWN C.I.A. Ex Spook ............Nuff Said........

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join