It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper "Attacks" Conspiracy Theorists

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

I thought I understood your context, perhaps I was wrong. Still, I think what I said was valid.

I could say the same about alternative medicine killing people.

You could, but I bet you would be hard pressed to find verifiable sources to back up the numbers.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

It is actually not that hard. Google is your friend here...I know the dangers of alternative medicine and the funny thing is one does not see any disclaimers that you can die from them. We see it in the Scientology communities with the attacks on Mental Health, with in the communities of Anti-Vacciners, it is everywhere you turn. The information is not that hard to find, sorry.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Well, I see you feel strongly about it, don't hold back lol, and thanks for sharing. But really Im not 'demanding' anything, just discussing. And, this could well be ANOTHER false flag of whatever sort regardless of how you feel, you're of course welcome to your (rather long) opinion, but try and keep your shirt on when someone else thinks differently. Personally I have a right as a U.S. citizen and a PERSON to be just as concerned about a mass shooting in CT as in my own state. IF there are liars and actors I wanna know about and if there is much more to this story I feel pretty certain the truth will be buried. People that can pull off 9-11 can pull of SH. Nobody was there to spoon feed us with any TRUTH regarding 9-11 (the citizens did a great job though) I really doubt anyone in the media or gov. will be any more forth coming on this. So that's what I think (In short form) but of course feel free to disagree.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
reply to post by Tecumte

It is actually not that hard. Google is your friend here...I know the dangers of alternative medicine and the funny thing is one does not see any disclaimers that you can die from them. We see it in the Scientology communities with the attacks on Mental Health, with in the communities of Anti-Vacciners, it is everywhere you turn. The information is not that hard to find, sorry.

Well so as to not derail off topic this thread, perhaps with google as your friend you might feel strong enough about the subject to start your own thread, though I imagine there are already many threads here regarding that subject. Anyway, if you wish perhaps to start one, I'll try and participate and we can lay out and compare the effects of so called 'mainstream' synthethic medicine vs, the nutritonal/herbal/alt practice of maintaining health. Should be interesting.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Tecumte because: sp.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

I have no interest in debating this; their is no debate. No data can be gained from it that is even worth it. The evidence is their for you to google. In the mean time and on course with this thread. Anderson Cooper in my opinion, is a great guy and a great journalist. I respect the man highly. His views are important as they needed to be said. People like Alex Jones have people following them and if they continue with their fanaticism, one of their followers is going to do something stupid all in the name of "misinformation/disinformation or even worse non-existent information... It is going to happen and when it does no one should be surprised. What do these fanatics expect? Eventually, someone is going to be pushed to far emotionally by idiots like Alex Jones and the like. A person can only take so much, especially a person with mental illness. It needs to be recognized that the events that are currently happening are to keep people safe from fear mongorers. It is not an attack on the American people, the American people attack each other regularly without the governments help. The social contract my have to evolve for us to be safe, not from the government, but from ourselves.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
reply to post by Tecumte

I have no interest in debating this; their is no debate. No data can be gained from it that is even worth it. The evidence is their for you to google. In the mean time and on course with this thread. Anderson Cooper in my opinion, is a great guy and a great journalist. I respect the man highly. His views are important as they needed to be said. People like Alex Jones have people following them and if they continue with their fanaticism, one of their followers is going to do something stupid all in the name of "misinformation/disinformation or even worse non-existent information... It is going to happen and when it does no one should be surprised. What do these fanatics expect? Eventually, someone is going to be pushed to far emotionally by idiots like Alex Jones and the like. A person can only take so much, especially a person with mental illness. It needs to be recognized that the events that are currently happening are to keep people safe from fear mongorers. It is not an attack on the American people, the American people attack each other regularly without the governments help. The social contract my have to evolve for us to be safe, not from the government, but from ourselves.

Ok, no problem, I have no real desire to spend hours attempting to convince you as well.

Anderson Cooper is a 'great man' you say, well ok as well, don't know the guy from Adam (so to speak) never met him, obviously though it appears he has had the best PR training the CIA likely offers, so he must be good at something right? I don't fault him personally, but do question his corporate/handlers agenda. I feel really what you are saying is that as people become more and more informed they are going to resent what is happening and being forced on them.

It really has little to do IMO with acting on BAD information, what you really mean and fear is people acting on GOOD information. Of people becoming angry from finding just how lied to and manipulated they have been and of the things still ongoing and yet to come. Why not be honest. That's really what you mean I think. When we have PAID gov. employees sending out brochures calling Ron Paul supporters and people who value the constitution dangerous and in need of watching I think it's rather political and has little if anything to do with personal safety. Same with so called 'conspiracy theorists'. And yes I fully suspect next some' lone gun nut truther conspiracy theorist' will finally be used in another FF to try and sway the herd. It's just that you may believe it will be an effect, while I will be expecting it as a cause. Isn't this really how blackops work. You sound like you might know or have someone close you could talk to about it.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Tecumte because: sp.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
reply to post by Tecumte

The MEDIA SCREWED IT UP AGAIN, that's where the focus should be, why did they have to be so quick in on this that they couldn't even get the name of the kid right, ...
This is where the problem is, the MEDIA not the investigators that are trying their best to make sense of all of this, ...

The media didn't get the name of the kid right because someone of the investigators transmitted wrong information and/or a law enforcement official gave the wrong information to the media.
The media couldn't guess the name of Ryan right and couldn't guess that he has a younger brother.

3:15PM UPDATE: WASHINGTON (AP) - A law enforcement official says the suspect in the
Connecticut school shootings is 24-year-old Ryan Lanza and that his younger brother is being
held for questioning as a possible second shooter. The law enforcement official says the boys'
mother, Nancy Lanza, works at the school as a teacher.
The official also said Ryan Lanza's girlfriend and another friend are missing in New Jersey.
Speaking on condition of anonymity, the official said the suspect is dead from a self-inflicted
gunshot wound.
The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because the source was not authorized to
speak on the record about the developing criminal investigation.

Either someone from the inside sabotaged this on purpose or it didn't "play itself out" how it was "spoken to" the anonymous official who gave this info to AP.

edit on 13-1-2013 by Marlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Not trying to be rude, but if someone kills anyone or blows up a building resulting in the killing of thousands or hundreds or even just one person and that lunatic can be looked to as a "cause"... I question the morality behind that statement. I am sure you are a nice and kind person, but I am just trying to say that I question that statement and maybe you did not mean it the way it came off. On the other hand do not try and interpret what I am saying. What I say is what I mean. Moderate conspiracy theorist are fine, but the fanaticism has taken over and have silenced good questioning by moderates. I actually know people that have connections to Anderson Cooper. He is a great guy, sorry, their is no way to change that stance in my opinion.

If good information ignited mass support I would understand that, but it DOES NOT! Bad information gains the majority of followers, such as the anti-vacciners propaganda, climate change denialist, new age non-sense, and a host of other things. Ron Paul is a hack job and does not fight for the interest of the people, but for the interest of winning. He was trying to gather the large uproar of young voters by legalizing illicit drugs that we know has the potential to cause more harm then today's legal drugs. I have yet to see a shred of evidence for a false flag. It is stupid to believe that and I apologize if you do, but it does not compute in the common sense area of my brain. Truth be told, it is healthy to question things, but it is unheathy to become engulfed and lose critical thinking factors in the process. I believe that many people who expose themselves to conspiracy theories too much become paranoid, depressed, and a host of other damaging psychological issues.

The fact is that their are fanatics. Anderson Cooper is 100% right to attack them and it does not matter who or what his background is. That is the facts. When their are theories that this children are still alive that is sickening. The people who believe that they are alive are SICK. That is all I can say. I have debated with them on this site and on other sites. It is apparent that they are sick and are extremely deluded. These people need counseling and serious support, Something that I think ATS should offer (link to mental health and support websites). If anyone believes that Lanza was a patsy they are deluded... sorry, that is the truth. Lanza was mentally ill. This was not a planned attack by the government or anything. Anderson Cooper nailed it on the head.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Marlow

You kinda have to understand where the Governor was when all of this broke and what was going on in the state to understand that this took him so far by surprise I don't think he quite calmed down for days afterwards.

A little bit of in the background for what was/still is going on here for those out of the state:

Sandy.... big issue, lots of damage, lots of money, lots still to do

Irene/Alfred... a year later, still not all the infrastructure in the North Central region is fixed, it's grating on everyone's nerves.

Severe Budget Issue, the morning of this shooting Malloy was giving ideas on how to cut back on our budget without having to raise taxes to a new level of oppressive.

Chesire CT Invasion Trial issues: bunch of people are po'd that they are still on death row for the crime, after the state voted down the death penalty (it wasn't retroactive)

A severely crippled North Central Region: Financially Hartford and the surrounding towns, are in trouble, badly. Malloy needed and was starting to try and figure out a way to prop up those towns (some of the oldest in the state) so as to keep them from going under, the shooting kinda cramped that discussion, add to that item 2 and.. well yo know what we are dealing with in my area.

Malloy is a piss poor public speaker, anyone who saw his talks during the 2 week outage in 2011 knows this, he stutters a lot and trips over himself. Unfortunately to people out of Connecticut it looks like he's searching for answers when it's just the way he is (I didn't vote for him but he is our Gov.) He's not a bad hearted guy, he's pretty clueless though, and we have learned to cut him a bit of slack on his public speaking. Obviously whomever made that video doesn't understand the subtle nuances that is Governor Malloy, does it make him dishonest? No it doesn't it makes him who he is, a mayor from Fairfield County, that was elected Governor, probably against the better judgement of the state, but he's gotten in twice now... So keep picking on the guy for being "simple" because that's really what he is.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

anti-vacciners propaganda

I just got 1 quick point to make.

One of the clearest contradictions in the blind supporters of vaccines is HPV, cancer and Polio vaccine.

HPV is grouped in the same classification as that of SV-40 virus. That is, both are oncogenic.

Yet, the supporters accept that HPV cause cancer but don't dare to admit past failures with SV-40 present in Polio vaccine.

As you must know, Polio has 2 types.

Sabin, the live-attenuated vaccine that DO have potential and has many documented cases to shed virus and infect others.

Salk, the standard injectable, innocuous(as the virus is concerned) vaccine, that doesn't spread but was contaminated with SV-40;

There is no straightforward discussion with blind supporters of vaccines, when those statements are laid out that clearly, they get defensive and angry.
edit on 13-1-2013 by wujotvowujotvowujotvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

No.. see you are wrong. We DO command the right to transparency when the event in question is being politicized in order to steal rights of citizens. If the politicians weren't using this tragedy (I believe people were killed, I just have doubts about a single shooter) to try to subvert our 2nd amendment then you would be right. As it stands though we have every reason and right to know EXACTLY what went down. You sincerely would allow policy to be formed over an event with many questions? I find it insultinng and stupid that anyone including you would say we don't have the right to know the truth about something that could change our rights for the rest of our history. We will stop questioning the minute the government stops exploitinng these events.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wujotvowujotvowujotvo

I am not here to debate this. If you want to see what I know on the subject, which is a plethora of information look, at my past posts. I have done it enough and it usually falls on deaf ears.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 13-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Not trying to be rude, but if someone kills anyone or blows up a building resulting in the killing of thousands or hundreds or even just one person and that lunatic can be looked to as a "cause"... I question the morality behind that statement.

If my quote wasn't plain enough let me be frank:

On 9-11 people in positions of power in the higest offices of the land particpated in an attack on their own people killing allegedly over 3000 of them. And YOU won't ever sway me on THAT. IF that is the kind of terrorism for a political agenda we are seeing then NOTHING is off the table and people better get ready for even worse. THAT is what I am talking about. Hope that's clear.

I can see right now though what I consider 'good' informaton and opinion from what you consider 'good' information and opinion is clearly different. You list 'anti-vaccinators' in the 'conspiracy' camp, wow, whatever that to me shows we really probably don't share enough life experiences and data to ever reach agreement. No problem. As long as the 'lucky rabbit's foot' believers want to hang on to their lucky charm, great, go for it the problem I have with things like this is they are *gradually* being forced on people while ignoring the harm they do. But a topic for another time.

And anti climate'change believers??? I certainly can sense my weather appears to changing (warming at least) from year to year, but I also conclude weather mod is real and on going. These are the real deniers, the ones that work night and day (even here on ATS) to try and convince people these programs aren't going on. That's perfectly alright,most people learn about weather mod anyway and I'll say it again GOOD information is getting out, people are waking up and asking questions. And finding answers. And I think these are GOOD answers and TRUTH. But it's ok to disagree agreeably, I really have no problem with that.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I have not seen blind defenders of vaccines acknowledge the HPV-cancer-Polio/SV-40 subject.

All they do are to get angry, deflect, and never address it fully.

A wise advice to you, because you seem to wonder WHY there PERSISTS people cautious of vaccines -

unless those of you that cry foul and call names like anti-vaxxers in such derogatory manner, ADDRESS the HPV-cancer-Polio/SV-40 subject honestly,

there will always be those cautious of vaccines, that on the contrary, WANT them to be safe and are not ANTI.

The culture of labelling "WOO" to every damned sensitive topic only draw rational down-to-earth debaters away from venomous argumentative environments.
edit on 13-1-2013 by wujotvowujotvowujotvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

You sincerely would allow policy to be formed over an event with many questions? I find it insultinng and stupid that anyone including you would say we don't have the right to know the truth about something that could change our rights for the rest of our history. We will stop questioning the minute the government stops exploitinng these events.

This is exactly spot on, these policy changing events are coming faster than the driving rain, and they are NOT being *seriously* questioned at all in reality, only whitewashed and then fed to the masses, and they are not only changing policy here with these *events* they are trying to derail the very law of the land The Constitution. What so many of us smell is the old Wag The Dog scenario being played over and over and over. And I think people have had about all they are willing to take without responding. But The Machine hums on deaf to the voices of a growing angry citizenry,

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Look, the discussion of reality is off topic now, but regardless of how you want to look at it, it is you that is wrong. One cannot define something they cannot know, it's truly not that hard.

Like I said before, one can draw lines of conspiracy theory to anything if they try hard enough. KKK and Westboro Baptist simply see truth based on their beliefs. Both parties share beliefs due to race and a traditional culture, you cannot say that this is simply based on conspiracy theory. Obviously this would conflict in a more American defined liberal society. You're only proving my point in the subjective nature of what is viewed as fanaticism given the cultural shift. And the "trust me, it's out there" attitude is truly the antithesis of good discourse and an intellectual exchange. You obviously don't have an inclination to actually prove your point, you simply want people to do it for you. Have a good one, we're done here.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

But it's ok to disagree agreeably, I really have no problem with that.

As none do I.

reply to post by Banananananana

Have a good one, we're done here.

My sentiments exactly.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
You know, i was looking back over some of the proposals on gun control and not one of them from the Administration or anyone for that matter outright gets rid of anyone's right to own or carry a firearm.

Read that again, not one gets rid of the individuals right to carry a firearm. Most of these proposals floating around, just make it harder to get high capacity magazines, or extend the wait period on getting a gun, or make it so you have to be a licensed firearm holder to buy ammo and ban the armor piercing bullets.

Get off the "they're trying to ban all guns" bandwagon, not one person in our Government seems to be heading in that direction. If Obama does it it will be against the will of Congress and that would set up a huge fight, the reality is, everyone is screaming TRANSPARENCY and SCREW THE RIGHTS OF THESE PARENTS for something that is in reality nothing.

I've always found my 10 round clip sufficient, i don't "NEED" a 60 round clip hanging off my Beretta. I'm a good enough shot to not have to worry about reloading, i mean really.. A lot of fuss over nothing, you can still ahve your guns, just not with magazines that will kill hundreds with one trigger pull. Seriously?

Sometimes I wonder..

People keep screaming about how they have the right to know, please show me anywhere in any law where you have the right to information in an active investigation. Please, if you feel you have a RIGHT (look up the word sometime, it does not apply here) to this info while they are still trying to figure it all out, file a court petition, take it to the legal limits, I bet you anything you will find that you get dismissed out of hand.

Your rights to information end when you violate the rights of the victims, plain and simple, and since their rights are being actively trampled in the search for "THE TRUTH" you lose that privilege. Plain simple to the point..

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
You know, i was looking back over some of the proposals on gun control and not one of them from the Administration or anyone for that matter outright gets rid of anyone's right to own or carry a firearm.

Read that again, not one gets rid of the individuals right to carry a firearm. Most of these proposals floating around, just make it harder to get high capacity magazines, or extend the wait period on getting a gun, or make it so you have to be a licensed firearm holder to buy ammo and ban the armor piercing bullets.

Get off the "they're trying to ban all guns" bandwagon, not one person in our Government seems to be heading in that direction. If Obama does it it will be against the will of Congress and that would set up a huge fight, the reality is, everyone is screaming TRANSPARENCY and SCREW THE RIGHTS OF THESE PARENTS for something that is in reality nothing.

I've always found my 10 round clip sufficient, i don't "NEED" a 60 round clip hanging off my Beretta. I'm a good enough shot to not have to worry about reloading, i mean really.. A lot of fuss over nothing, you can still ahve your guns, just not with magazines that will kill hundreds with one trigger pull. Seriously?

Sometimes I wonder..

People keep screaming about how they have the right to know, please show me anywhere in any law where you have the right to information in an active investigation. Please, if you feel you have a RIGHT (look up the word sometime, it does not apply here) to this info while they are still trying to figure it all out, file a court petition, take it to the legal limits, I bet you anything you will find that you get dismissed out of hand.

Your rights to information end when you violate the rights of the victims, plain and simple, and since their rights are being actively trampled in the search for "THE TRUTH" you lose that privilege. Plain simple to the point..

Get off the "they're trying to ban all guns" bandwagon, not one person in our Government seems to be heading in that direction.

So according to you the general public do not have any rights to know what actually happened in regales to Sandy Hook? questions shouldn't be asked and according to you we should just believe the media and how they reported it accordingly?

Get off the "they're trying to ban all guns" bandwagon, not one person in our Government seems to be heading in that direction.

Well sadly it seems that they are heading into direction.

NRA says gun lobby has the support in Congress to block assault weapons ban

Senators plan to introduce a bill that would ban assault weapons and limit the size of ammunition magazines, like the equipment used in the Newton shooting where 20 children were shot multiple times with a high-powered rifle. Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California has promised to make a renewed push for a ban on assault weapons.

See the video.
Assault Weapon Ban Standoff

So i defer to ask where did you get that notion that the not one person in the Government wants to ban the assault weapons? dont you think its strange how these so called massacres have been occurring in specif locations?

America's firearm-related death-rate is only 10.2% and here we are arguing about that the American should ban all assault weapons ask yourself.

Why is the media doing this?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join