It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper "Attacks" Conspiracy Theorists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Anderson Cooper "Attacks" Conspiracy Theorists

www.mediaite.com

Believe it or not, there are actually people out there who are convinced that last month’s horrific shooting in Newtown, Connecticut was staged. Anderson Cooper opened his show tonight taking on these conspiracy theorists.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I think the media is getting desperate by attacking anyone who questions the Sandy Hook incident. Well, Anderson Cooper is known to stage things himself so I find this to be very rude of him to say. That's my opinion. It's also my opinion that the events were staged. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Your take?

www.mediaite.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

+43 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I was writing a post with exact same title.

I watched the program and it wasn't an attack on the Sandy Hook actor theory - it was an attack on websites like abovetopsecret.

I have to agree this was a bad theory but he used this one bad theory as “proof” conspiracy sites are harmful and people who are on them are paranoid.

He didn’t seem to mention about the MSM claiming it was the wrong person for HOURS……or about the rumor of the second shooters. All of this was very bad and harmful reporting by the MSM. But I guess in his book its ok for the media to have a few bad reports but it’s not ok for conspiracy sites.

One bad theory doesn’t make all other theories on the internet false. He tried to use this one to make the 9-11 theory to look bad too. What’s on places like abovetopsecret.com gets more analysis than what is on CNN. Eventually, bad theories on “conspiracy” sites will be identified as bad theories.

For some reason CNN really feels threatened by the average person analyzing facts on their own. It’s about control (and ratings which = $$). THEY want to be the ones who tell the little people the facts and conclusions.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Send him off with Piers Morgan.. Grab that pinhead O'Reilly also.
edit on 11-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I live in the next town over.

I've been there

I saw 3 funerals go by me in one afternoon

I put a teddy bear on the hill with the angel memorial

by staged do they mean actors or mkultra ?

(I have a policy not to waste time on these videos, I won't give them a hit)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Anderson Cooper? Mr. CIA? Take anything he says with a grain of salt.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

That's one of the best replies I have ever heard and I applaud you! I thinks it about time to start more independent, un-biased investigative journalism radio stations and free-press websites that are fact based and don't sensationalize things.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I saw it. It was fairly condemning.

I was amused by the comments of Jonathan Kay, a writer who has studied the conspiracy theorist phenomenon:

fullcomment.nationalpost.com...

He's a strong critic of the 9/11 Truth Movement. Can't say I blame him there... LOL!

On the AC360, he divided us into two groups, "Fire-brands" and "Cranks". Firebrands are college-aged and anti-establishment...Cranks are older, typically male and like to unravel mysteries.

Honestly, after watching and listening to the comments and characterizations made - I was *personally, speaking as a member* so PROUD that ATS has come out vocally and strong in taking a stand to keep the Sandy Hook craziness to a minimum.

edit on 1/12/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/12/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Here is my theory on this, equate it to a dead body....If a police detective interviews three different people with three totally different accounts of the events to explain the body.....That detective does not just say, 'Suicide'(stop, they are honest detectives, i know what you are thinking) and close the file.....Those contradictions will cause the detective to look deeper. Same with us, when we receive conflicting information, ie Aurora. when we had so many different accounts of multiple shooters and tear gas originations...It causes us to question the 'official story'....That is our nature, if it looks like a cow, smells like a cow, feels like a cow, you might be standing in poo.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I want to see Anderson Cooper do a story on the Greek Ecconomy - On Location.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

2 minutes was enough for me. I can't take him talking like a 12 year old Valley Girl for long.

*snaps fingers*

"Talk to the hand Professor!"

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
And this, RIGHT HERE, is why I screamed so loudly when all of the baseless, factless, evidence-less theories started floating around. This RIGHT HERE, is exactly what I told people they would do.

The media will cling to the asinine theories, and use it to disparage and deface an entire culture of theorists. It is the reason that I still contend that some of those spreading such 'theories' are of the shill variety.

Job well done

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Now they want to make anyone that thinks outside the box a nut job. It seems to me like the battle lines are drawn between people who ask questions and those who blindly follow. Could it be that to many of them were being won over ? No matter I feel the tragedy took place, but I know without a doubt that a lot of the true facts of that day will never be known. It is Anderson's job along with others like him to provide facts, and it is clear that they missed reported a bunch of them that day. I think instead of putting down the lot that ask questions he should ask himself what they missed. Maybe they just lost all their credibility when they started racing for ratings?
edit on 11-1-2013 by Maddog5595 because: correction

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I dont think the shooting in Newtown, Connecticut was staged or faked, but I do think there was some government involvement, seemed weird how the government were discussing gun laws and then children were killed with an assault rifle...seemed like children were targeted because people would be most effected by it and the shooter using an assault rifle when thats what they are trying to ban...and I do think the media played on the shooting in support of the government since its goes hand in hand with the government and intelligence agency...

The "CONSPIRACY" that John F Kennedy was assassinated for disclosing is still ongoing...we are all talking about the same conspiracy globally...

"we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations.

Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed" (JFK).

"There exists in our nation today a powerful and dangerous secret cult -- the cult of intelligence. Its holy men are the clandestine professionals of the Central Intelligence Agency. Its patrons and protectors are the highest officials of the federal government. Its membership, extending far beyond governmental circles, reaches into the power centers of industry, commerce, finance, and labor. Its friends are many in the areas of important public influence -- the academic world and the communications media. The cult of intelligence is a secret fraternity of the American political aristocracy. The purpose of the cult is to further the foreign policies of the U.S. government by covert and usually illegal means, while at the same time containing the spread of its avowed enemy, communism. Traditionally, the cult's hope has been to foster a world order in which America would reign supreme, the unchallenged international leader. Today, however, that dream stands tarnished by time and frequent failures. Thus, the cult's objectives are now less grandiose, but no less disturbing. It seeks largely to advance America's self-appointed role as the dominant arbiter of social, economic, and political change in the awakening regions of Asia, Africa, and Latin America. And its worldwide war against communism has to some extent been reduced to a covert struggle to maintain a self-serving stability in the Third World, using whatever clandestine methods are available" (Marchetti & Marks, 1974).

"This cult is patronized and protected by the highest level government officials in the world. It's membership is composed of those in the power centers of government, industry, commerce, finance, and labor. It manipulates individuals in areas of important public influence - including the academic world and the mass media. The Secret Cult is a global fraternity of a political aristocracy whose purpose is to further the political policies of persons or agencies unknown. It acts covertly and illegally" (Marchetti & Marks, 1974).

"Socially as well as professionally they cliqued together, forming a sealed fraternity. They ate together at their own special favorite restaurants; they partied almost only among themselves; their families drifted to each other, so their defenses did not always have to be up. In this way they increasingly separated themselves from the ordinary world and developed a rather skewed view of that world. Their own dedicated double life became the proper norm, and they looked down on the life of the rest of the citizenry. And out of this grew what was later named -- and condemned -- as the "cult" of intelligence, an inbred, distorted, elitist view of intelligence that held it to be above the normal processes of society, with its own rationale and justification, beyond the restraints of the Constitution, which applied to everything and everyone else" (Marchetti & Marks, 1974).

Marchetti, Victor & Marks, John D. (1974). The CIA and the Cult of Intelligence. ISBN 0-394-48239-5.

The media and governments keep giving conspiracy theories bad media coverage because they know there is one and they are trying to hide it using propaganda...what gets me is why people think the government wouldn't lie...erm hello trillion dollar lawsuit, 43 trillion dollar lawsuit...chemical weapons tests on the public from 1940-1979, the drone wars, Iraq war, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Frankland coverup, Johnny Gosch, Bilderberg, Bohemian Grove...Earth calling the American people...
edit on 11-1-2013 by oxjondoexo because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The problem is that as soon as a different theory to the one presented by the media is voiced, it must be either wrong or crazy. As soon as the MSM labels a theory "crazy", the public doesn't want to be associated with the crazies. Rather than search for their own facts, they will succumb to media reports and conclusions. They will go to their jobs and friends tomorrow and talk about how those crazy conspiracy theorists are dishonoring the memories of the dead, saying disturbing things about their families. How insensitive of them!

I don't doubt that real people died in Sandy Hook. I don't doubt that real people were terrorized in these incidents. I think that in a covert situation it is so important to include real people to make these things more believable. What I question is the motive of the shooters and who the shooters really are. Once upon a time I would have thought it crazy too, but knowing that there are powerful people with their own selfish agendas afoot, I can't rule out anything with 100% certainty. With vicious drugs like "Devil's Breath" in existence, who am I to say that such an evil act was perpetrated by even marginally sane people?

Today more shootings were reported; One in a mall and one in another school. Is it coincidence? Is this a planned agenda? Who the hell really knows anymore, except the very people who are involved? I'm pretty level-headed and I don't give in to these thoughts easily, but I know what world governments are capable of when they want something their way. They sacrifice their citizens on a daily basis! Just look at what happened in Iraq with those imaginary weapons of mass destruction. We toppled multiple governments since, murdering thousands upon thousands of innocent civilians, all for an agenda. Don't tell me these "leaders" have a conscience. If they did, they couldn't possibly participate in this madness. This is precisely why I sometimes think that incidents like Sandy Hook could have been staged. Again... that doesn't mean real people didn't die, it means that I can't rule out the possibility of outsiders purposely influencing the situation to happen a certain way with a certain planned outcome.
edit on 11-1-2013 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The full details of that shooting will never be known.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I believe we have so many conspiracy theorists in the world because the Media has failed us. Phone hacking scandals,hatchet jobs,twisted opinions,details purposely omitted,sitting on important news just because the gov asks you to,embellishments,faked photos. Why should we believe anything the media reports?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Here is the most honest thing I have heard said yet. I will quote The Newtown Bee.

Mr Folan also remembers and sends his thoughts to the dozens of hospital trauma and triage workers also stationed to receive victims who never came. "I've never seen anything like it. You'd think it was an exercise drill," he said.

Source

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Agreed, I think there were outside forces into each shooting, even this last one in taft....Aurora didn't do, just didn't get the reaction they want, the outcry from the population....so after six months of not being able to push something afterwards, they put plan B, something they learned from 9/11. Put the face of a tragedy so bad that no one will be able to come out in opposition of, that of a six year old boy or girl. Sad, horrific, obscene, but would do the job.....and why stage it, two men can keep a secret if one is dead. We learned from 9/11, that given the right tragedy and spin, no one could stand against, remember those against the patriot act, they were demonized as traitors and slapped in the face with the families of those lost. Then, why stage it when it is easier to just do it, less cover up and risk of leaks.

Look at the taft shooting, i don't really know much about it, only because I turned off the news lately....however, what a day or two after biden starts talking executive order regardless of congress support.....it is to coincidental.

Look at the flu hysteria, anyone older than 35, do you remember this madness in the 70s or 80s?.....death by flu was so unique that an entire urban legend surrounded the film poltergeist because the little girl died of the flu and it was such a bizarrely rare situation......and now, people are flocking to hospitals and screaming for vaccines that are 'out-of-stock' even though producers say, 'we have plenty, no sweat'......

Sorry, dog the theorists out there all they want, but if there wasn't something to it, everyone knows you don't acknowledge the crazy people, it just gives them fuel.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join