It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Manchurian candidates are everywhere'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I work in retail and we came across this $1 bill at work a few days ago. My boss decided to put in her own dollar to exchange it for this one. I snapped a photo and well...the rest tells itself...sort of :-p

Someone either typed or used a stamp pad, and put letter for letter in ink, the message with a telephone number: 'Call *** *** **** (as per request, I have been asked to block out the telephone number for reasons of privacy, and it will be the only way the thread can go on/continue) Manchurian candidates are every where. You can turn a microwave oven into a ray gun.'

We were to say the least, intrigued. My boss decided to call the number from a cell phone (I am not sure if she used hers). A computer began to say 'searching for this customer' followed by s few moments of classical music. To her surprise, a short time later, a voice answers nervously, "hello...?" My boss: *click* -hangs up the phone. She was expecting a recorded message or the least, a religious trap of a sort. She never expected a real person to pick up, much less as nervously as he did. She described it as if "the person didn't expect anyone to actually call the number."

I came home and did a reverse look up on the number which only tells me that it's from somewhere in New Hampshire and that it's a cell phone. I don't have any names. But just to add more irony, I live and work in Maine and I am not more than a hour or so drive to the general area of the look up. I just thing it's weird how out of all the $1 bills, we happen to get this one with a message from a state/city not so far away.

I also decided to do a search on whether or not you could actually make a ray gun using a microwave oven. And I came across a few curious topics, an article and even a video:

I talked to the author and he had a good time making this video. You can draw whatever conclusions you want from it, but I find it pretty damn cool. He also, unfortunately, tells me he is not the author of the $1 bill message.

I will admit, I have not personally called the number. And to be honest, I don't think I will...at least not in the very near future. For me I think it adds to the mystery of why, who and how...I think it might make for a good story, if what the message says, turns out to be true

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
its called a prank bro

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Don't do it, I have seen this type of stuff before. Its just a trick to get you to perform free labor for them.
I was in a truck stop bathroom one time and it said "for a good time call" ***-***-****. When I called some guy answered the phone. Then I said "I saw your add for a good time in the bathroom of the rest stop". Then he started breathing heavy and wanted to know what I was wearing. I was kind of puzzled and I thought maybe he threw pool parties or something. So I told him that I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt and asked if I should just change into something like just shorts.
He said that would be great and then this is where it gets real weird. He asked me to come to a hotel that was a few miles back, right there I knew something was up because that hotel didn't have a pool. Then he asked if I had a dip-stick, I replied of course but then he wanted to know how big it was. I told him it was pretty long just like all of them but then he told me to come over and "bring your dipstick so you can check my oil and fill me up". Then he said he would even let me "come inside" which I thought was strange because how were we supposed to have a good time if he wouldn't let me in? he also said wanted me to turn him into Swiss cheese.
Then I realized what he was really talking about, I felt pretty stupid. This guy just put this false promise of a good time in the bathroom stall in order to trick people into coming over to perform vehicle maintenance and make cheese for him.
Moral of the story is nice people don't leave their own phone numbers for anyone to call.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Good grief I hope that's not my phone number.

lol
,,, I swear it's behind every corner these days, you never know.

Anyway.... thanks for that video link. I have been telling people they can do # like this.

Imagine what they can do with better tools and resources.

Check out that active denial machine too... this is to be used on protesters. They can hide it and break up even the most peaceful protest this way.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be interesting if we were just one big nation of Manchurian Candidates? Programmed assassin-spies, all sent to the same place to assassinate each other... But there's no one who's not trained to activate any codewords.

(... Wait, actually, that could get some good crossover with Phillip K Dick's "Black Iron Prison" theory)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

That's just priceless!

After I cried, you held me and promised you wouldn't tell anyone of this ordeal,
and now I find it plastered on ATS.

Now I won't be able to show my face at that gas station again!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

did you call back and talk to them yet?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
Don't do it, I have seen this type of stuff before. Its just a trick to get you to perform free labor for them.
I was in a truck stop bathroom one time and it said "for a good time call" ***-***-****. When I called some guy answered the phone. Then I said "I saw your add for a good time in the bathroom of the rest stop". Then he started breathing heavy and wanted to know what I was wearing. I was kind of puzzled and I thought maybe he threw pool parties or something. So I told him that I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt and asked if I should just change into something like just shorts.
He said that would be great and then this is where it gets real weird. He asked me to come to a hotel that was a few miles back, right there I knew something was up because that hotel didn't have a pool. Then he asked if I had a dip-stick, I replied of course but then he wanted to know how big it was. I told him it was pretty long just like all of them but then he told me to come over and "bring your dipstick so you can check my oil and fill me up". Then he said he would even let me "come inside" which I thought was strange because how were we supposed to have a good time if he wouldn't let me in? he also said wanted me to turn him into Swiss cheese.
Then I realized what he was really talking about, I felt pretty stupid. This guy just put this false promise of a good time in the bathroom stall in order to trick people into coming over to perform vehicle maintenance and make cheese for him.
Moral of the story is nice people don't leave their own phone numbers for anyone to call.

One of, if not the best replies I think I have ever read anywhere on the Internet. Thank you for that.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

My friend posted my number on a bathroom wall before, Needless to say i got some strange and disturbing phone calls from some pretty weird dudes.

I did not see the funny side of his prank but he did.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
Good grief I hope that's not my phone number.

I think this thread has given me the ultimate idea for a really really bad prank.

Thank you, ATS.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
I have been telling people they can do [stuff] like this.

Imagine what they can do with better tools and resources.

^text found to be confined within a set of brackets have been added by myself either in addition to, or in place of text that was originally there^

I think this thread has given me the ultimate idea for a really really good idea to change the world.

Thank you, ATS.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Reply to post by Superhans

Ahhhh, man that cracked me up. The part where you go ''...and that hotel doesnt have a pool'' killed me. Somebody must submit that to bash.org.

On topic, OP, you had me with the headline but sadly, no, people just do dumb # all the time. Real hypnosis trigers are usually a certain phrase followed by a perticular sound. Or visa versa.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join