It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas or any state WILL NOT be allowed to secede.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Did any of you really think different? You think the civil war was just a fluke? The idea that secession is a reasonable response is...irrational and completely unrealistic.

If you particularly don't like, then all of you can move to Texas, run for state office on the platform of secession and see how far you really get. Instead of just sitting at your keyboard crying about how you have health insurance and make a mockery of every individual who really did live under a tyrannical government.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

Some states would HAVE to group together to even stand a chance. Most of the northern Midwest would be a state/country. Texas would be one, Florida, Louisiana, alabama and georgia another and so forth. It would be messy some would fight to join Texas or Florida and not others. It could work and we could all still be a single body per se. Like the EU.

To above.

Our goverment isn't tyrannical right now? They borrow 40% of every dollar spent. education and infastructure is on the back burner to creating new bombs and drones to watch other countries that have no way of even attacking us conventionally. While millions of Americans are homeless, jobless and in debt up to their eyeballs the big wigs get pay raises and corporations pay less than 10% on PROFITS while 50% of my check is gone before my bills even come out.
edit on 11-1-2013 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The government either know what they are doing to people or they don't...both are equally as important...either way the world knows the US government is corrupt...the only reason they sit back is because the US has nuclear weapons and the people who are in charge are completely insane...without Nuclear weapons the US would of been invaded a long time ago...God bless the American people and remove the American government...

The American government are a threat to humanity, wolf in sheeps clothing...liars, sick and twisted human beings, if their souls are still human...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by oxjondoexo

They run from death because they know where their souls are headed. Look at all the guards an what not. They not they walk thin lines. I would love to hear that the current administration steps down before a civil war or coup or anything else comes of their insane actions toward their people. They think thy are doing a good job but the truth is they are so withdrawn from the normal population they have no idea how to fix our problems. They just don't listen.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
States can not secede nor may they pick and choose federal laws. This was pretty much settled during a pretty bloody war during the end of the 19th century.

This is unfortunate. The United States would be far better of with fewer red states - they do generally burn more federal money than they contribute. Starting with Texas would be great. We wouldn't have to deal with school books that teach stupidity. Politicians with bat guano ideas and all that damned whining.

So Texas -- please proceed lets see how it goes for you. There are a lot of non Texans who wholly support this exercise. Enjoy being the third world country between the US and Mexico.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
That may be in the Texas state constitution but the precedent to prevent a state from leaving the Union was established during the last Civil War. For those that dont remember the military was on standby the last time the Governor threatened secession.
edit on 12-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
That may be in the Texas state constitution but the precedent to prevent a state from leaving the Union was established during the last Civil War. For those that dont remember the military was on standby the last time the Governor threatened secession.
edit on 12-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

I would hate to see the U.S. disband into several separate blocks but likely other foreign powers would. Rather than leaving the union, each state must decide just how much control it needs to retain and perhaps the state will simply stop enforcing laws that it has no true say in. I personally believe it would be best for each state to keep it's tax dollars home, most of the federal tax I think needs to stay in the state and not be sent off to organized crime figures that squander the required tithes to the Emperor and his cronies.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think what it will boil down to is how far each side is willing to go based on what they think freedom or a properly running government is. There has to be a line somewhere I hope. Remember once a force has a goal set in mind the opposing forces "laws" mean nothing to them. Look at the US v British in the revolutionary war. We were told it was illegal to do what we were doing and we continued our path. But once you cross the line there is no going back. I personally think the goverment would fold before being forced with a civil or revolutionary war. There would be no way the goverment would win. If the military attacks anything on US soil they attack themselves. It's easier to replace Polititians than buildings and airports and what not.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
That was an incredible spew of lies and double think.

The constitution does allow the right to walk away through the tenth amendment.

The 'union' can't be of, by, and for the people, if the people are held like prisoners.

Nor can it be a perfect or even more perfect union if half the union wants out.

600,000 died because of tyranny, not because it "proves" the union is perpetual.

The only good thing about this is it will make liberals look foolish who keep saying "secede already", their dear leader thinks otherwise.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550The United States would be far better of with fewer red states - they do generally burn more federal money than they contribute.

If this were true in any way the Federal Government would be not only welcoming the idea of secession but they’d be falling all over themselves to kick these States out of the Union.

All those statistics to which you refer count any and all individual income from federal employment and any/all federal money spent in the operation of federal institutions such as military bases, ports as tax dollars received.

So if the federal government pays a GS 12 who works at Fort Hood 75K a year and he/she pays 20% federal income tax the numbers will certainly show a skewed ratio of tax dollars spent vs. received. The preponderance of military bases, ports and other major military installations happen to be in red States – why you ask? Because, it is simply cheaper there all expenditures to the federal government are simply less costly in a red State because of that. Big daddy Fed benefits from the red State relationship more than the skewed statistics show.

Also not figured into this is how much the States are in debt. Three blue States - IL, CA and NY carry a deficit almost larger than most of the red States combined.

However, it is the case that these red States feed the mass of idiocy that is the urban centers - the blue States in the US alone would eat themselves out of hearth and home in about 1 year.

Entitlements are nice and all but one must eat and last I checked pavement is a poor medium for pasture and crop land.

If one looks county by county at the US you will see that not many if any of the States are blue at all. Rather the US is a sea of red with islands of blue in the urban centers whose populations happen to dominate the State and the Nations politics.

edit on 12/1/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
States don't need permission to secede from the union. I myself would be in favor of it. The Constitution is a contract, and that contract has been breached by the federal government. It's that simple. Unlike in the civil war, if Texas or some other group of states decides to secede, there will be no blood bath. Only goodbyes.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I have said on many of these kinds of threads that this secession thing has been tried already, and in the end it turned out badly for the secessionists.

I live in one of the states mentioned but I could always move to another one. Meantime, let the red states (and all of those involved are red) do their thing if they want to. What kind of an army would they have? They could well be invaded by another superpower and then they'd come crying to Mama United States to save them.

Meantime, they would stop draining the national budget, as they do regularly, and let the more prosperous states enjoy more of their own wealth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join