It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Pharmacy Owner and Mother deterred and survived attempted murder/robbery.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

“It was not a robbery so much as it was an execution. It was an attempted assassination. They didn't make any demands. They simply came in, went over here, I mean they were basically trying to shoot us in the back of the head,” explained Lee.

Although the mother was shot once, she was treated and released with a clean bill of health.

In America, guns are used in self-defense over 2.5 million times a year. Thats over 6800+ times a day if you divide it by the days in a year.

Over 70% of gun deaths are gang related and the large majority of those originate from large populated cities of 250,000 or more. If you read the article, you might come to the conclusion that this attempted murder/robbery was gang related. How many of you think criminals get their guns legally?

“I'm grateful, definitely. I thought yesterday was the last day for both of us. Luckily it didn't turn out that way,” expressed Lee.

www.fresnobee.com...

His mother, Sophie, was shot in the leg. He said it all happened so fast. He explained, “I ducked down behind the counter and he kept firing and I was afraid they were going to kill both of us.”
That's when Lee said he grabbed his gun and shot back. Police say Lee hit the shooter, 31-year-old Aquilla Bailey in the face, torso and leg, killing him. Police say Bailey is a gang member from Fresno. The second man, who wasn't armed, was able to get away. Police are still trying to find a motive, but say the incident was likely an attempted robbery.

Frazier says if Lee wasn't armed, he and his mother would have likely been killed.
I can tell you in this instance that this individual having that gun the time that he had it absolutely saved his life and if there's any take away from that, it's just that,” said Frazier.

www.ksee24.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
6,800 times a day ?

there are only 34 murders a day

what a joke

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Those other 6,000+ times are why there are just over 30 a day
..if that is what they figure the current average is.

I'm sure 6800 includes all the use of a firearm by private security guards as well as homeowners or any case where a citizen had a gun in any setting of controlling a situation to a positive outcome where it went onto paper. I stopped doubting how numbers like these COULD be true in a nation as large as this one with as many people as we have and generally just get curious about drilling down to the specifics which make the number. This one though, not so much for me.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
6,800 times a day ?

there are only 34 murders a day

what a joke

2.5 Million stat came from this CRIMINOLOGIST, whom is far more credible than your 'jokes'.
www.criminology.fsu.edu...

The only joke here is that you're so blinded by the facts you will sit there and poke fun at lives being saved.

I've never once seen you post anything of substance on ATS. That could very well be the joke here but its not up to me.

edit on 11-1-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

top topics

join