It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War You Don't See [Shocking Truth Documentary Exposes Media Lies]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I know we disagree constantly, but not here. Thank you for linking this excellent film, I was not previously aware it existed, but I am glad that it does

I do have a related observation to make as well. I strongly disagree with the rather simplistic, black and white view taken by many ATS members and which has been reflected in some of the replies here.

The media, like all strata of society, are like the curates egg. To assume that all journalists are propaganda mouthpieces or that an entire organization is to be mistrusted (ie. You cannot believe any information that is put out by the BBC or whoever) is moronic nonsense.

People need to learn to be discerning about the information itself, rather than where it was presented. You will always find self servers, but will also find a lot of people dedicated to finding truth and uncovering injustice, even risking life and limb as we sit typing on the internet, and to dismiss their efforts as tptb propaganda nonsense is criminal.

On page one for example, how does the writer KNOW that the BBC journalist isn't truly risking his life to bring out the truth? I see that post as nothing but spiteful hearsay.

This movie, for instance, I have discovered was aired on ITV1, For those who are unaware, they are the UK's second most popular channel, the epitome of the national mainstream, and responsible for a lot of trash TV, but kudos to them for broadcasting this to 60 million people and sticking it online for a repeat viewing on ITVPlayer. They didn't have to.

Even in the BBC itself, while one boss was silencing his journalistic team from exposing the Savile scandal, another team on another programme stepped up to expose the fact. Long may it continue, those who attack the BBC constantly may wish to consider who they are helping.

Neither is this in praise of those sources, they screw up and bring shame on themselves often enough, all I am saying is try to be a bit cleverer than dealing in broad brush absolutes.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Don't kid yourself here though. ATS has plenty of people who are more than willing to look halfway past the lies to see another lie that fits their own narrative and call it "truth."

The same media companies we are lambasting here (and rightly so) are owned by the same 40 or so multinational holding companies, just as every single politician is. Yet -- here on ATS (and elsewhere) it is fashionable to point fingers at the media and political puppet show and scream "AHA!" without ever looking past the show at the multinationals and bankers who fund and finance every single election and war for their own profits.

This is true in the US and it is true in Iran. It is true the world over, but we will not see it because it makes us complicit through our own participation in their profit-generating schemes.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

Originally posted by seasoul

In war, there are no winners.

+Don't mix things up.

Wars have winners today , multinational banksters are the winners. The corporations are the winners. American soldiers are the manipulated side. The opposite site are defending their homes.

I really don't know how you interpret the events how you want.
edit on 12-1-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

In war, on the battlefield, it's the rank-and-file who are pit against the rank-and-file.

edit on 12-1-2013 by seasoul because: "Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth." - Gandhi

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This is a good film by John Pilger.

However this is something that has actually been posted on ATS before but received scant attention. I don't know why your post has suddenly garnered a lot of flags and stars etc, while others were practically ignored.

Nonetheless this film is excellent. It makes you angry and sad. I'm going to post some other documentaries which are in a similar vein and well worth watching.

Another fantastic John Pilger documentary is War on Democracy which explores the United States relationship and involvement with Latin America.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

This is War Made Easy which touches upon many things explored in The War You Don't See.

The Coporation which reveals the shocking influence and power that Corporations hold.

Starsuckers which looks at how the media distracts us using celebrity and fame and how they just plain make stuff up.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
In wars or through wars, there are no winners.

Non-interference is the spiritual law of harmony, and one of the most important spiritual laws in the universe.

People interfere in two basic ways: intentionally by deliberately interfering and unintentionally through ignorance. Whether you interfere intentionally or unintentionally, you set into motion another spiritual law, cause and effect.

If the spiritual law of non-interference was practiced, there would never be disharmony between people.

edit on 12-1-2013 by seasoul because: "Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth." - Gandhi

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

People interfere in two basic ways: intentionally by deliberately interfering and unintentionally through ignorance. Whether you interfere intentionally or unintentionally, you set into motion another spiritual law, cause and effect.

Right now, you are interfering.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
ATS has such a short memory....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

"Clips from John Pilger'..." The YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

That thread does not show the complete film.

I just finished watching it. Of course, I cried throughout, and had to pause it many times. John Pilger films and Scott Noble films are some of the best documentaries ever made. Thank you for posting it, CorruptionExposed.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhereIsTheBatman

Right now, you are interfering.

It's true, I am interfering, by coming forward and speaking out against war.

I'm willing to accept the karma that's attached with this act of interference, even if it means bringing disharmony to myself, and to those who seek "profits" from war.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by mideast

Don't kid yourself here though. ATS has plenty of people who are more than willing to look halfway past the lies to see another lie that fits their own narrative and call it "truth."

The same media companies we are lambasting here (and rightly so) are owned by the same 40 or so multinational holding companies, just as every single politician is. Yet -- here on ATS (and elsewhere) it is fashionable to point fingers at the media and political puppet show and scream "AHA!" without ever looking past the show at the multinationals and bankers who fund and finance every single election and war for their own profits.

This is true in the US and it is true in Iran. It is true the world over, but we will not see it because it makes us complicit through our own participation in their profit-generating schemes.

I agree that some people want to get points and attention in these sites , but it is not changing the truth.

I don't kid myself and I see that Afghan people are poor and oppressed people who have to fight back.

Generalization is not going to solve anything. Afghan people are different than American people. They don't like shedding blood. They didn't make 9/11. They are not bringing troops to the USA. They are not bombing American people. They don't have a 24/7 MSM brain washing system.Their only fault is that they are not industrial country. They don't have enough power to stand on their feet.

+ I really can not see how Iran is run by international corporations and propaganda machine cooperation.

I hope to get a reasonable reply , although your last reply was also mostly logical.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
A lot of stuff in this video is insane,. But unsurprising. What a sad world we live in. At the end of the day, Everything is about money and power. If you have that you have everything. The media included

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

+Don't mix things up.

Wars have winners today , multinational banksters are the winners. The corporations are the winners. American soldiers are the manipulated side. The opposite site are defending their homes.

I really don't know how you interpret the events how you want.

In war, on the battlefield, it's the rank-and-file who are pit against the rank-and-file.

War has intentions behind itself. There are ideologies and agendas behind wars.

Greed , rage , oppression are examples of how wars can be driven by people.

There is absolute greed behind US recent wars and no one can hide it.

So , tell me again wars have no winners. Greedy people won't get anything. Propaganda machine is a lie. Warmachine is a lie.........

Non-interference is the spiritual law of harmony, and one of the most important spiritual laws in the universe.

If the spiritual law of non-interference was practiced, there would never be disharmony between people.

You talk by a warm breath.

Means , you are setting a law while you are living in ease.

Say something that Afghan people who are living in the street can buy that ,too.

They can not just sit and imagine something spiritual law while the bullets and oppression is their reality.

You won't understand what I mean unless you have smelled some bullet.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Narrator calls FOXNEWS a cartoon netword for rallying to the Iraq war....and oh by the way....the "respectable New York Times also did the same, but apologized a year later."

IOW.....this video, while very well done....is another example of bullsh*t propaganda.

Aimed at GWB.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

edit on 12-1-2013 by mideast because:
:bnghd:
===========> warmongers are among us

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I do not "set" the spiritual laws, I only try to practice them.

I work at accepting my hardships, and try to feel sympathy for the hardships of others.

One of the most difficult tests we face in life, is to find the strength to forgive our enemies.

From the spiritual perspective, a sack of gold is no more than a sack of rocks, death is nothing more than an illusion, for the human soul is indestructible, and the will of man must someday realize the will of the creator.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos

I know we disagree constantly, but not here. Thank you for linking this excellent film, I was not previously aware it existed, but I am glad that it does

I do have a related observation to make as well. I strongly disagree with the rather simplistic, black and white view taken by many ATS members and which has been reflected in some of the replies here.

The media, like all strata of society, are like the curates egg. To assume that all journalists are propaganda mouthpieces or that an entire organization is to be mistrusted (ie. You cannot believe any information that is put out by the BBC or whoever) is moronic nonsense.

People need to learn to be discerning about the information itself, rather than where it was presented. You will always find self servers, but will also find a lot of people dedicated to finding truth and uncovering injustice, even risking life and limb as we sit typing on the internet, and to dismiss their efforts as tptb propaganda nonsense is criminal.

On page one for example, how does the writer KNOW that the BBC journalist isn't truly risking his life to bring out the truth? I see that post as nothing but spiteful hearsay.

This movie, for instance, I have discovered was aired on ITV1, For those who are unaware, they are the UK's second most popular channel, the epitome of the national mainstream, and responsible for a lot of trash TV, but kudos to them for broadcasting this to 60 million people and sticking it online for a repeat viewing on ITVPlayer. They didn't have to.

Even in the BBC itself, while one boss was silencing his journalistic team from exposing the Savile scandal, another team on another programme stepped up to expose the fact. Long may it continue, those who attack the BBC constantly may wish to consider who they are helping.

Neither is this in praise of those sources, they screw up and bring shame on themselves often enough, all I am saying is try to be a bit cleverer than dealing in broad brush absolutes.

I don't think it was too hard to figure out who broadcast this movie given ITV1 was plastered all over the segments.

Very often the media does not come clean about things until the spin or misinformation has already served its purpose and it is too late to change anything.

The one thing that continued to go through my mind during the interviews... if they knew of the lies being put out by the government why did they not call them out at that moment in time?? I am pretty sure there were ones that did and they either died or they were not allowed accesses to any information or sources or given a venue where it would make an impact. the ones being interviewed made me think that the only reason they came clean was because what they were exposing really means nothing today.

All it did was bring awareness of what can be done and has been done but does little to change anything. If you want to be a successful journalist it seems you have to play ball with the government or you are out of a job.

The same can go for any profession. how many things are injustices or bad practices in a work place but no one ever says anything because they do not want it to affect their career.

All media is to be questioned and scrutinized. I mistrust what media says simply because they have lied too often to be credible. I did not really need to watch this movie to be made aware of that. I would rather assume all media are propaganda mouthpieces instead of realizing it in hindsight. It is very obvious that most of the media is propaganda given how intimate the government and our media is today. Not saying there are no good people in there trying to get good info out but more often that not we get twisted junk .

The only reason this movie came out is because nothing will come of it. The same practices will still continue and what was exposed is too far in the past to make a difference. Almost everyone who was in power at the beginning of the iraq war is gone.

We have a bunch of shenanigans going on now. We are being fed BS and eventually we will have it exposed when it does not matter anymore.

You are being lied to on a daily basis about current events the only truth usually comes when the purpose of the lies are over.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Agreed.

No disrespect to the OP but in my personal opinion I think it's more a case of who you are rather than what you actually post on this site.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

reply to post by mideast

I do not "set" the spiritual laws, I only try to practice them.

I work at accepting my hardships, and try to feel sympathy for the hardships of others.

One of the most difficult spiritual tests we face in life, is to find the strength to forgive our enemies.

From the spiritual perspective, a sack of gold is no more than a sack of rocks, and death is nothing more than an illusion, for the human soul is indestructible.

(1st Imam) Imam ali pbuh believed the same idea when somebody asked him about giving money to other guy , they asked him "shall we give gold or shall we give silver to him ?". he answered "they are both rocks to me"

I respect your spiritual practice , but I think that it is not logical to forgive the enemy at your door while he is planning to take every thing you have material or spiritual.

Honor and courage are two spiritual aspects ,too.

If we all decide to give up , we all will be slaves.

Then there will be no little freedom.

MHO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join