It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War You Don't See [Shocking Truth Documentary Exposes Media Lies]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+180 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This video is long but worth the watch. The media is nothing more than a tool of the powers that be and these wars, and the reports on these wars are fake. He who wins the war can write the history. Most of this is known to the intelligent members but the way it is put together is impressive.

My father was Air Force, NORAD Space Command, atmosphere detection, my step brother was hit by an IED in Afghanistan, my blood brother is in the Air Force and is bound to be deployed soon. My grandfather was wounded in WW2. I have other family members in the military. I am not "unpatriotic" but I am awake and see past the charade, we are all part of this deception for allowing it to happen. It shames me for my family to fight these fake battles. My grandfather would turn in his grave if he knew about Operation Paperclip.

That being said, the military is a tool just like the media. Watch this video, I dare you to spend an hour and a half to see a lot of content discussed. This is well presented and needs to be shown to people of all walks of life as we can all relate to this no matter who we are.

It starts from WW1 until now...a lot of this you won't like this but the truth hurts!

Here is the author description.:

A powerful and timely investigation into the media's role in war, tracing the history of embedded and independent reporting from the carnage of World War One to the destruction of Hiroshima, and from the invasion of Vietnam to the current war in Afghanistan and disaster in Iraq.

As weapons and propaganda become even more sophisticated, the nature of war is developing into an electronic battlefield in which journalists play a key role, and civilians are the victims. But who is the real enemy?

John Pilger says in the film: "We journalists... have to be brave enough to defy those who seek our collusion in selling their latest bloody adventure in someone else's country... That means always challenging the official story, however patriotic that story may appear, however seductive and insidious it is.

For propaganda relies on us in the media to aim its deceptions not at a far away country but at you at home... In this age of endless imperial war, the lives of countless men, women and children depend on the truth or their blood is on us... Those whose job it is to keep the record straight ought to be the voice of people, not power."

The media is a critical part in these deceptions, and should be treated as war criminals just like the politicians , weapons manufacturers, and bankers who allow these wars to happen as they are all in on this together.
edit on 1/11/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It is way too late for me to be watching this right now and after viewing the Apache attack at the start, I know that I don't want to be watching before I go to sleep...

However, I skipped through a bit and I can see that this probably contains a lot of info so I will definitely check it out tomorrow. Thanks for posting.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Looks like I have my weekend film set to watch, good post. Every reason we have ever been told we went to war is a lie. Our history books are as good as fire starters. History is made out to be boring, remembering mundane names and dates. We are never taught reasoning, the how's, the why's, the who's, the money behind it. If our history books are so full of lies just on war, imagine all of the other lies. I won't digress into that though. You know what history is, right? It's His-story.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09

Good quote. I think the ones who push for war know exactly what they are fighting for and even the soldiers who sacfrice their lives for those very people and our countries don't know that reason.

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Great post OP !

One of the best if not best documentary i have seen for a years ! Information in this is stomach turning even you have had the gut feeling media is not telling the whole truth all along, what really makes you wonder is how easily media people are used by TPTB and news coverage in general had become so sensational seeking that every FALSE information TPTB feed them is right away in the news, who get the first news gets the name.

You have to think how stupid are we as a race that we can allow this to happen, never seem to learn from our mistakes and vote for same kind of politics year after year. Politics that are in the leech and follow the orders from those who actually rule the World... yet to be exposed.

These are war crimes and media and the everyone who is involved to allow these happen should be prosecuted. But it won´t happen cos we should prosecute UN too and its as much involved to these war crimes.

This documentary makes you feel sick being a member of this mankind.

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Most likely the best documentary I have ever seen. This puts into to light perfectly what I'm am sure a lot of people like myself have known for some time dating back to at the least WWII. I am very sad that so many people just blindly except the facts they see on the idiot box from day to day as "truth". One of the main reasons here in the United States we have the first amendment is so that we can have truthful journalism to keep the body of the nation informed. Now a days it seems that the media would rather us to think its about song lyrics and move content so as to keep us distracted to the FACT! That the actors they put on the news, or journalists if you will are and have been failing this nation and many others for along time.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I agree to a lesser extent...war criminals!? I dunno...

However, the media ARE complicit in not pushing for footage of flagged draped coffins, crowded VA hospital rehabs or homeless shelters and mental hospitals full of veterans BUT they happily air contrived feel-good moments of soldiers returning home.

Those tear jerk moments act to wrap up the sadness and separation of war and make it all warm and fuzzy, while glossing over the reality and horrors of endless war like that detailed above or even worse, suicides. Propaganda at it's finest.

ETA: Media fails in it's duty, is complicit and merely a tool of the PTB. Is that clear enough? But I don't think they rise to the level of war criminals.

edit on 1/12/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/12/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Nice! cant wait to watch this, but unfortunately its probably gonna be a few days before I can.

The media is supposed to be the body that keeps the American people trusting and the government trustworthy, but consolidation and corporate conglomerate control has destroyed that relationship.

accessories before or after the fact they are still criminals as far as I am concerned.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I agree to a lesser extent...war criminals!? I dunno...

However, the media ARE complicit in not pushing for footage of flagged draped coffins, crowded VA hospital rehabs or homeless shelters and mental hospitals full of veterans BUT they happily air contrived feel-good moments of soldiers returning home.

Those tear jerk moments act to wrap up the sadness and separation of war and make it all warm and fuzzy, while glossing over the reality and horrors of endless war like that detailed above or even worse, suicides.

Propaganda at it's finest.

edit on 1/11/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

well if I convince someone to kill someone with false information and by tear jerking theatrics.... would i have any charges brought against me??

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
"Never believe anything until it is officially denied".

Media spokespersons were the mouthpiece for the lies and disinformation that they faithfully regurgitated on command. NOW they say,"Oh, we didn't know. We were mislead. We were unwilling." BS. They above all others know not to just blindly accept information from the State Dept. and Pentagon without verification.They now say it was their "patriotism" which moved them and their "fear" of their job blah, blah, blah. Just following orders? They sound like the Nazi's standing trial in Nuremburg.

Another war we don't see. Afghanistan...

edit on 11-1-2013 by intrptr because: YouTube

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I'll watch this tomorrow, late where I am, so preemptive star and flag.

I'll make a reaction post later

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Good film.
If you can't get people to watch that entire film, at least try to get them to watch collateral murder.
It's truly despicable... and very eerie for me to watch because they tend to act like it's a video game. It feels a lot like an online game room during a wow raid or something. that is very eerie to me because I am aware of a certain "instructional modeling" program that the department of defense is funding and you may have even seen major TV station like FOX playing commercials that are asking for donations to fund PTSD programs.

They make you believe it's to help vets who have come home but it is actually for acute cases of PTSD in active combat because there are many cases of soldiers experiencing trauma like this and not wanting to engage in more combat. I worked for a company who built simulation trainers that used audio/video headsets and fake equipment to simulate battle... like a video game, but then they scored a contract from the DOD for a PTSD program and hired a woman doctor who had studied these types of things and EEG processes who had already previously been involved in scoring over 15 million in defense contracts. This is all related to the neurofeedback programs that you can read about online if you dig. They essentially are reprogramming soldiers via the subconscious with the same neurofeedback that they replicate from training sessions with these video simulators while giving you comfort cues.

Anything fed into your brains back door is a type of hypnotism and is much stronger than mere symbols we see on TV that are already doing a good job of brainwashing people. So what this does is refresh the soldier's subconscious (even though they are only aware of the device on their head) with the same brain signals that the safety and excitement that the training simulators give... like a video game.... while giving them "instructional modeling" It is meant to totally re-psyche their subconscious.

Creepy stuff... and you think your donations are going to the amputees in the commercial. No.
These PTSD programs are purely psychological.

Anyway... I read this article today concerning a British journalist. I think it fits in here... if you read it you might see why. I have two issues with the article I am curious about... perhaps three.

www.bbc.co.uk...

He was smuggled into Lebanon after receiving a pretty bad leg wound... by rebels. My first question is how do these rebels find time in their busy schedules of toppling a regime in a country they likely (in many cases it seems) are not even from (which they seem pretty damn proficient at for mere civilians) to smuggle a British journalist into Lebanon?? It seems they are not generally this polite, especially to westerners who are not picking up guns with them. Perhaps because some of these journalist are working along side them?

Us Americans with all our freedoms are lucky to even gather up a large protest, much less overthrow our government... Do you really think this is civilian lead? Not a chance, in my opinion.

My second issue is the comment he makes that he does not do this for the money but that it's a vocation and as soon as his leg gets better, he's going back to help give the rebels a voice. I assume the interviewer asked him who he worked for... is that true and this was his retort??? What does that mean? I call BS and that he is NOT funding HIMSELF to go into Syria where he almost got killed because he's a nice person, but that he declines to answer much about money because he is being paid by someone who does not want a lot of attention. Make sense? I think it does.

Is it a coincidence that France and GB are two of the countries wanting to take down Assads regime for war crimes right now? Like who the hell is GB to point a finger for war crimes?... and why are there British and French journalist so eager to go into a war zone to cover rebel activity?

Not to mention the fact that we have all been seeing rebel YT videos that are supposed to depict their struggle, but rather depict what kind of animals these people are. Who are these crazy cameramen anyway that can stand just a few feet from these terrorists and not be concerned for their lives? ... but he does it because they don't have a voice? Why does he seem mostly interested in certain warzone in his professional... oops, I meant vocational career? Why not film starving people in Africa?

Anyone else think there is a propaganda machine here with European interest?

Of course I'm not knocking Europeans in general so maybe some of you want to tell me what the price of gas is in European countries is these days...seeing as how this is connected to Iran and cohesion of non allied countries.

I'm not buying this crap for one second.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
That film turned my stomach. I forgot how much that apache video got to me. Bull# to say not to bring kids to a battle... that was not a battle it was a massacre... and they were aiding the wounded.

Unfortunately there will never be good media. Even before i Knew what was what, I pretty much wondered how freedom of the press worked. If they were free to report anything... why would the government be open to them if that would expose them to criticism then I realize that it is because only the media that plays nice with the government are allowed to report the news.

Even though many of us know this.. how many things have happened in the past that we just seem to just let it be and not hold anyone accountable for it. The whole Iraq war was a bunch bs that should have had so many people in the hot seat and in jail. They ran on false information and the result was the death of many innocent people.

I don't care how old that war is now, I just can't accept that no one was held accountable and bush even joked about not finding wmd. IT is garbage.

what i find even more appalling is that people still sign up for the military.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Most of this is known to the intelligent members

I'm confused. Should intelligent members watch the video, or just the idiots?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

It's probably the most professional documentary Ive seen on the war on terrorism.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Hundreds of years ago when there were "battles" the leaders inc kings would go to the battles with their soldiers, fighting shoulder to shoulder. Everyone was aware of what the goal of the battle was, and they would only go to battle to defend their area. Skip forward to today, our soldiers are fighting "wars" for people they will never ever meet. A war can be started by the flick of a switch and ended with a phone call.

My views are that if your country has a military service, then that service should only be used to defend your country. The US and UK have more troops abroad than they do at home.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Just want to say that this video is censored in Germany. I've just mailed it to a friend there.

The media definitely don't want us to know the truth. The past years have been a constant battle to preserve the Internet as we know it (SOPA, PIPA and other projects). WikiLeaks folks are heroes to me.

TPTB don't like the way it is. They don't like us to share information and to wake up the general public to reality, because those who control us are outnumbered. They know their system is fundamentally unfair and are pure evil.

Thank you for posting this. I will definitely spread the news. I have many contacts

edit on 12-1-2013 by WhereIsTheBatman because: corrections

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Kind of says a lot:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

You call it propaganda, I call it the truth.

What are your intentions?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join