It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The concept of infinity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Alright well what do you guys/gals think of this:

If infinity is what it is, ..infinite.. then are our thoughts and beliefs actually real in some other place/dimension/state?
For instance. I just thought of a purple dog riding a palette full of Breakfast cereal over the alps..

If infinity is a real concept, then is my ridiculous musing a possibility?

I just typed the word "Kaleidoscope" but thought before of typing "estuary"

Does infinity suggest that somewhere someplace I actually typed
"estuary" first then "kaleidoscope?

As screwed up as it sounds, wouldn't the concept of true infinity fit this bizarre theory?
sorry if this has come up before..

and yes..my brain hurts.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
For instance. I just thought of a purple dog riding a palette full of Breakfast cereal over the alps..

What about a purple dog riding a palette full of Breakfast cereal over the alps while humming god save the queen on a green kazoo with a small squirrel insignia made from bellybutton fluff?

I love infinity, it's so endlessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Thoughts are different from actions though. Thinking about one thing in particular is easier than putting it into the real world for others to experience as the decision and dilemmas add to the calculation and as humans, we have limited time to communicate. Typing is slow.
edit on 11/1/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

What about a purple dog riding a palette full of Breakfast cereal over the alps while humming god save the queen on a green kazoo with a small squirrel insignia made from bellybutton fluff?

I love infinity, it's so endlessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

You just made that sh1t happen just by thinking about it!
Maybe we are Gods

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
but then if you feel you are then what is...... It seems you feel manifesting potentials W/O BARRIERS makes you a GOD... But what if the REAL GOD(s) place FILTERS for such conscious thinking to better SEE your intentions. TO CREATE AND FEEL as if GOD(s)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Far out man.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

WE are the GODS. THIS is OUR world. We have more power than most imagine.

WE are often thousands of miles apart, and yet we can communicate ANYTHING with amazing speed.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

You just made that sh1t happen just by thinking about it!
Maybe we are Gods

Hahaha..

And if infinity is endless, perhaps somewhere, we are!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I just typed the word "Kaleidoscope" but thought before of typing "estuary"

And in that simple sentance, we (ATS) can see a whole thought process unfolding before us.

You inject ideas with simple words. Our minds explore, think, conclude, imagine and respond.

So much potential from little crawly things on a ball of dirt.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

And if infinity is endless, perhaps somewhere, we are!

We ooh are, ooh are!.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

What if WE are the thoughts of someone else in another dimension? Nah, he would have to be one boring S.O.B.!

Why do you connect thought with anything tangible?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

WE are the GODS. THIS is OUR world. We have more power than most imagine.

WE are often thousands of miles apart, and yet we can communicate ANYTHING with amazing speed.

1 does not challenge what you say nerbot. 1 personally does not call 1z self... a God. It seems to 1, to be something more related to Higher Exposure from Higher Energies Within Higher energy fields that allow this progress with CREATOR Creations do to +/-energy activity Evaluations in the physical and metaphysical realms of CREATOR Creations destined to ASCEND--- to assist Others WHO fell/or ATTRACTED in lower energy fields of Existence.

@WE are often thousands of miles apart, and yet we can communicate ANYTHING with amazing speed.
yes this is why the Intentions must be
and not
for it only makes for more filter work..

NAMASTE*******
edit on 1/11/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
An example of proof (lol that word is the bomb around here
~ would be:

NASA Orbital Debris Observatory detects an unknown anomaly that could be a hazard to the ISS.

On further investigation, The earth is shocked by the truth of the matter. Amateur astronomers have been hitting the Web with crazed theories demanding an answer, and the answer is indeed stupefying.
It's an abandoned tie fighter. It's Darth Vaders tie fighter. wtf??

Lucas's imagination has found us

Now lets hope Geigers doesn't :/

edit on 11-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

If infinity is what it is, ..infinite.. then are our thoughts and beliefs actually real in some other place/dimension/state?

Not necessarily. Like infinity, our thoughts and beliefs are merely concepts.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Infinity...to my best grasp...is the idea that for every decision that has ever been made, there is a reality following through with both outcomes.

That is big and heavy.

If I go to town tomorrow...I have to decide at some point if I am going to take the left path...or the right path. The Universe splits at that point.

In one universe, I go left...in the other, I go right.

There is a theory of infinite universe because every human being is faced with left and right decisions everyday. Each person that makes a decision, splits the universe. Therefore...there are infinite universes....each building on the other. Kinda cool when you think about it...though there is never any hope of crossing them or reconciling them...fun theory...and in mathematical terms...it is a mandatory true statement. Example for that....

If I throw a ball into the air...it comes down...but mathematically speaking....sooner or later...I will throw that ball into the air and it will NOT come down...this is fact...this is the magic of mathematics. Sooner or later the anomaly occurs...the abomination....why? Because nothing...absolutely nothing is 100%...sooner or later...the abnormalities occur...the longer the time between them, it would seem the greater that abnormality is.

Just a maniacal observation....

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
nice observation, to say the least! What do you think about random new thoughts creating new universes? ...Actually I think you answered that in your last posts. Well said.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I believe reality is far-far more interesting than we give it credit. I have a "hunch" that for every decision I have ever made, there is an alternate universe where I made the "other" decision....kinda fun to think about...

I have made mistakes...I have made slamming winner decisions as well. I often wonder what my life is like in these alternate places....where the mistakes I have made have not occurred....what other problems might have infected the lucky me?

It is one of the most fascinating concepts of reality I have ever pondered. I read alot, but I am not an expert on ...well...anything....well, I take that back. I work in construction engineering and have been doing so for 29 years now....I think I can call myself a expert in that. BUT....it pales in comparison to being able to understand the stitching that makes up the fabric of reality....how cool is that?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Agree 100% with that!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Infinity?

Oh no you didn't...

Here! here's my take on infinity. It starts after the stuff about how nothing was ever going to happen on 12-21-2012. Just an FYI, it sounds a lot better with earbuds that just laptop speakers.

top topics

join