It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discourse Challenge: adjensen vs Druid42 - Semi-automatic weapons and large capacity magazines shoul

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
"No, my friend, I don't think that it is as simple as legislating morality or reducing divorce. James Holmes, the Aurora, Colorado theatre shooter didn't come from a broken home, and neither did Klebold and Harris, the Columbine shooters. While I agree that the problems that result in mass shootings are many, without a radically different culture, censorship of media and games and billions spent on armed guards in every school, we can't begin to expect to see much in the way of change. Contrast that with a ban of these implements of destruction, and we can, with a clear conscience, say that we've done something practical, sensible, and legal, to begin to address the random and senseless violence in our society."

Draining the last of his beer, adjensen pulls on his coat and reaches across the table to shake his friend's hand. "Thank you for the conversation this evening, Druid. It is always a pleasure!"

new topics

<< 1   >>

join