It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a Small reward Idea--for guy catching theft of my cheques.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
2 of my envelopes with cheques for Telephone and Cable were stolen, altered and presented for payment at a 'Money Mart', approx $165.00..............but the hassle...................

The young man was suspicious, telephoned me, I almost didn't answer a "money mart' call--but-- something said I ought to-- exchanged info, he called the police, as the perp was still there and she was arrested within 10 minutes.

This was a hassle with the police coming for a statement but it would have been a worse hassle had he not recognized that changes had been made (date Jan 17 and 18, changed to Jan 7 and 8-- but complete with my signature.) and my bills hadn't been paid and she got away.

I thanked him later by telephone, but I wanted to give him a silver star or a purple heart or a trophy--- my mind is still blank. He must be young to be working a 'money mart' --will I donate my kidney, give him my car, my first born? My photograph? Money seems so crass, after all this!

I cannot even thing/concentrate!

Ideas, all ideas are welcome and just might settle me down to a good idea!

ThANKS
cs

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
A gift card would be nice.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by canadiansenior70

How about a gift card from a local restaurant? It's an appropriate gift for most any situation, and considering that he most likely makes minimum wage it might be the only chance he would get to eat at someplace other than some fast food place with a value menu.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Extend them an invite to ATS.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Get him a bespoke trophy calling him a hero.

Name
For Heroic Services To Humanity

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I second the gift card idea. Cash is crass, as you say. Something more specific like a card though? Make it a general where everyone could find something like Golden Corrals are.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Send a message to his boss telling him/her what a great job they did.

Appreciacion in the workplace is elusive these days and stands for a lot. This kind of reward goes a long way if someone wants a reason to keep doing what they do to pay their own bills.

Also gets your name on their happy list and ultimately, everyone exept the bad person is happy.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I gave someone cash once for finding my wallet......
good karma you know

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Even if you're broke I would pony up enough money for a gift card to Best Buy so that he can buy a video game or something. He saved you AT LEAST $165. Probably more in the long run and the hassle of changing accounts/waiting for the police to catch her. I think a gift certificate to a restaurant is nice, but he's probably broke and would appreciate cash or the ability to purchase something fun/needed. Target (or UK equivalent because 'cheques') would be most appreciated I would think. I would personally go $100, maybe more if you can afford it. It will make that guys day/week/month/year depending on his situation.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I would say the best way to think him would be to praise him to his boss, let them know you think he should have a raise .

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dedpope
I would say the best way to think him would be to praise him to his boss, let them know you think he should have a raise .

I agree, except that praise is free; so add in a gift card also.....

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Thank you everyone,

I'm stuck between cash and a gift certificate, but it'll come to me.

I have made a Thank You card with his name on a trophy and the year, an eagle soaring (inside left) for the eagle's eye approach in the first verse

1.)
You just cannot imagine
How thankful that I am
Your eagle eye was working
And to know you give a damn.

2.) is about being partners in a crime--

and
3.) I need help with the last line

Karma's something special
You'll be held in high-esteem
What goes around, comes around

da-da da da da DA!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I feel if I gave him too much money, like over ½, it would take away from his saving my $165.00

Canada here. Am thinking of a $50.00 gift certificate for a restaurant---or $80.00 (½) doesn't seem as "taking away" from his deed as cash. (if he doesn't have a girl-friend he can take me out to dinner.)

edit on 11-1-2013 by canadiansenior70 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join