It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its Game Over

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by aLLeKs
When I made a road trip through the UK 2 years ago, I really thought your prices are sooo expensive (coming from Germany) but if I look at it now, all the stuff that I did not need on this trip, for example ketchup, are so cheap!

I would really love to buy ketchup and beans that cheap

Its only cheap if you can afford it, if you are unemployed its expensive.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a lot seem to be missing the point here, all our natural resources are in private hands, our money and now our food, our courts, police and prisons, and still people say that you can grow your own.

Imagine I was reporting on a mad dog going around biting people' the solutions you are suggesting is'

People should learn how to bandage their arm' if you don't use antiseptic cream and you die you only have yourself to blame.

Well I'm saying Deal With The Mad Dog, Don't blame the people that don't know how to treat the wound inflicted on them.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

So tear up the sidewalks! you want to rebel right? If it comes down to it dont take to the streets with guns. Take to the streets with shovels and seeds and overgrow the gov't/elite. Turn your cities into an oasis of food and medicine.
If you have a yard turn it into a garden. If you live in an apartment talk to the manager about planting trees and vegetables for all the tenants to share freely. And if you're surrounded by nothing but concrete then tear up the concrete. If the system shuts down the gardeners will start to appear from the shadows and they will share freely with everyone. So dont be so worried about food. The Gov't/elite think they have the control but they will soon find out the truth.

Heres a link to a thread on wild food: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-1-2013 by emeris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtfuldeliquent

Yes you definitely need to start learning how right now. But even if SHTF tomorrow there will be plenty of experienced gardeners around to share their knowledge. It wont happen overnight but eventually it will be common knowledge and people will work together to take care of each other. Im sorry if you imagine everyone hiding from each other in their own little holes clutching their guns.

Ive been a full-time gardener for the last 5 years and if things get bad i wont be hiding in a bunker i will be going from house to house teaching and helping people to start their own gardens and to identify the wild foods already growing in their front yards and even out of the cracks in the sidewalks. If the system shuts down, don't hide, go outside and meet your neighbors. Find out who knows about gardening, who knows about wild foods, who has seeds and plant them anywhere and everywhere.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

all our natural resources are in private hands, our money and now our food, our courts, police and prisons, and still people say that you can grow your own.

Isn't growing your own the only real way to take back the control of that resource? The resource of food at least. I don't know anything about courts, police, and prisons so i cant comment on those resources. But as far as food is concerned what other solution is there besides growing your own? This seems like a real solution so im not understanding your objection.

You say we've lost control of our food and i'm saying here is how you can take it back. And then you say im missing the point?

Im only offering solutions. If you have any others please let us know.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by emeris
reply to post by pavmas

all our natural resources are in private hands, our money and now our food, our courts, police and prisons, and still people say that you can grow your own.

Isn't growing your own the only real way to take back the control of that resource? The resource of food at least. I don't know anything about courts, police, and prisons so i cant comment on those resources. But as far as food is concerned what other solution is there besides growing your own? This seems like a real solution so im not understanding your objection.

You say we've lost control of our food and i'm saying here is how you can take it back. And then you say im missing the point?

Im only offering solutions. If you have any others please let us know.

Yes I could start again and grow, and build what is required. but im not the problem , you and the poster before you is not the problem.

The lights went out in New York for 1 night and there was mayhem.

There are 7 billion people in the world and most in cities.

Communities of a few thousand might be ok but a city with 2 million people will not.

When poverty strikes and food is expensive people get desperate.

There are good people out there who try to help, but for every good person there are 10 bad.

Ideally a place in the countryside with a natural spring would be perfect, but inner city living. I could grow for months then someone just comes and takes it off me

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Seriously, 100% rise in food costs won't cause mass starvation in any countries but those in the third world.

The elite will further destabilize key areas of the world, suck up their resources, and keep their people in the countries they care about well fed.

People don't have to worry here in the US. There's an incredible amount of food that we export.

I'm chomping on grass fed steak right now.

You what what I'd be doing if this cost twice as much?

I'd be chomping on some grass fed steak.

edit on 13-1-2013 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by randyvs

The bankers were the first in the oven in Germany and Russia.

They'll be the first in the oven in America if this is all true.

Remember, it only takes one angry general and a troop of cheated men.
Read about The Gracchi in Rome. Little bit of forgotten history, seemingly soon to be repeated in America.

Alright Gorman I do see your point and it's a good one. Yet I feel I need to be more specific and say I doubt very seriously the Rothchild's or Rockefeller's or Vanderbilt's members of the true elite will be found in the numbers of which you speak. Would you disagree ? I may be wrong as my research wanes in this particular sector.

SnF OP
edit on 13-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by pavmas

Seriously, 100% rise in food costs won't cause mass starvation in any countries but those in the third world.

The elite will further destabilize key areas of the world, suck up their resources, and keep their people in the countries they care about well fed.

People don't have to worry here in the US. There's an incredible amount of food that we export.

I'm chomping on grass fed steak right now.

You what what I'd be doing if this cost twice as much?

I'd be chomping on some grass fed steak.

The UK is the 5th richest country in the world, we have people killing themselves now because they cant afford to eat and they are cutting benefits.

they have just stripped £14 billion from low paid worker in tax credits, gas went up 9% rents are rising and just now people are having to choose between food or heating.

www.labourleft.co.uk...

Up until now its people on benefits and disabled killing themselves and by the end of the year it will be low paid worker also as food prices rise.

you have 2 options starve or steal, thats it and I think people will steal rather than send their kids to bed hungry.

People are hungry now in Britain

www.mirror.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.guardian.co.uk...

I reckon another 20% rise in living costs will to be to much for those on the breadline to survive.

If it does reach 100% then it will be devistating, I lived through the 70s and the cold war and have never saw society at risk like it is now, no one and no political party is sticking up for the poor and disabled.

To find an uncaring society as we have now then you need to go back to 1930s.

They cut hosing benefit so the poor are having to move out of London as we speak (ethnic cleansing under the treaty of rome which the UK is party to), and I reckon that soon all unemployed who do not own their house will have to move out and the property will go to a working family.

Councils now are giving priority to workers in social housing not the needy.

it will be camps soon for the disabled and unemployed.

Its little bits of change everywhere that lets you see the bigger picture.

I would not be surprised is they bring camps in for the disabled, and punt it as all their health needs in one area and show you nice wee bungalows with trees and garden, where the disabled can mix with one another.

! week after Princess diana was buried they wanted to put single mums into hostels
www.thewelfarestatewerein.com...

I believe this was an excercise to see how they could sway peoples opinion, just a week earlier they buried a single mum and all were weeping.

One week later the same people (public ) thought that single mums should be punished and put in hostels and workhouses

See how easy they can lead people.

I reckon we will hit a time when food shorges are blamed on fat and disabled, feeding them is creating shortage, people are selfish and capable of anything if they think others will suffer not them.

So yes 100% food rises will have a great impact third world and first world.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

I thought people were suiciding in the UK because they could no longer afford their pre-depression lifestyle?

You're telling me people can't find enough work to simply feed their selves, or find a shelter?

I find that hard to believe.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Throw prices out the window for a second and ponder this if it hasn't done been pondered. ( grammar
)
( Hypothetical Devils Advocate )
Our gov. runs a nation wide false flag using say a disease and shuts down every supermarket in the nation. They at first claim this is mandatory for inspection and will last only 24 hrs. Then they say it must be extended for twenty 24 more hrs for decontamination. Americans haven't been able to shop for 48 hrs in which time the gov, secretly ceases all food sources using a coalition of UN forces and police. Blaming disease debacle for the seizure Americans are without a food source. Those who don't buy the false flag will be completely ineffective.
End

My point of this is, if the gov. had something planned so diabolical as what is being discussed here. Wouldn't they be able to pull it off in a much more timely manner ? And seriously doesn't our gov. possess the power to do what they want with us period ?

edit on 13-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Hardly. Do you really suppose an army which now looses more of its men to medical monopoly pharmaceuticals well be so quick to side with the government?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well that's sort of a bit of scapegoating/generalization. Do you really believe an entire family has been born and raised to treat you like cattle for multiple generations? I don't think so.

If the world falls, brother will turn against brother, and father against son. Don't be surprised to find one of those rich heirs buying your guns in the event of total government collapse.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Alright, I found that for which I was looking. That being our difference and where you were coming from. And to debate you on such a difference would be pointless as I see it because I have know idea if I'm even right or wrong.
What feels right for me is obviously not for you. So with respect intact I thank you for your time Gorman.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Great Post OP and thanks for the heads up! I am thankful that we grow and supply almost all of our own food. I wish more people were able to do this. We grow enough vegetables and are able to store enough until the next harvest. My uncle raises beef and pork and we get a hog or side of beef from him every so often. Plus I hunt- have a deer in the deep freeze now. I guess I better start guarding our supplies. Thank goodness for the 2nd Amendment and the right to bear arms!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

reply to post by pavmas

I thought people were suiciding in the UK because they could no longer afford their pre-depression lifestyle?

You're telling me people can't find enough work to simply feed their selves, or find a shelter?

I find that hard to believe.

I posted links

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413
Great Post OP and thanks for the heads up! I am thankful that we grow and supply almost all of our own food. I wish more people were able to do this. We grow enough vegetables and are able to store enough until the next harvest. My uncle raises beef and pork and we get a hog or side of beef from him every so often. Plus I hunt- have a deer in the deep freeze now. I guess I better start guarding our supplies. Thank goodness for the 2nd Amendment and the right to bear arms!

Yes but those that would steal it also hold the same rights,

and there will be more of them.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

The links you posted showed that in the UK, there are programs to take food which can't be sold from food distribution centers to people who seem to have a roof over there head, and that people who are at an increased risk for health issues according to the BMI standard are being incentivized to getting into shape else risk having their benefits cut.

I don't see anyone starving to death.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

reply to post by pavmas

The links you posted showed that in the UK, there are programs to take food which can't be sold from food distribution centers to people who seem to have a roof over there head, and that people who are at an increased risk for health issues according to the BMI standard are being incentivized to getting into shape else risk having their benefits cut.

just read the top one, but there are some others

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.nursinghomeabuse.co.uk...
www.oxfamblogs.org...
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

reply to post by pavmas

Oh right we are just removing benefit from people that wont get fit, like these
blogs.mirror.co.uk...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join